Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 06:01 AM

59,254 posts, read 27,425,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
Pretty much the same reason the US has the highest infant mortality rate among first world countries, and same reason for the stereotype of rural Appalachians with missing teeth.

I've driven through the deep South and parts of it look like a third world country. You don't want your car to break down because there's no public transportation.

You can do an internet search for doctors that take medicaid and are accepting patients. When the doctor is 30 miles away and the woman has no car, she's not going to keep up with preventive care.

Even in LA where world class medical centers like UCLA do take medicaid, the blacks in South Central don't travel there. They just don't.
"I've driven through the deep South and parts of it look like a third world country. You don't want your car to break down because there's no public transportation."

I've driven through MANY dem controlled cites and parts of it look like a third world country. You don't want your car to break down because there's no public transportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Subsidies on the healthcare exchange (Obamacare/ACA) combined with medicaid and low cost health clinics should mean everyone has access to healthcare. Black women are not different so I don't see this as a real issue, just a talking point that will never die. There are pockets of places in the US where these things aren't easily available but black women aren't singled out, that effects everyone in those pockets.
"There are pockets of places in the US where these things aren't easily available but black women aren't singled out, that effects everyone in those pockets."

There are pockets of places in the US where these things aren't easily available but WHITE women aren't singled out, that effects everyone in those pockets.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
THe lower income is the biggest problem.

And while someone argued blue, urban centers as the problem, here in South Carolina it would be rural areas that just don't have the same health care resources & with limited ways to access the city centers, there would be a lack of availability of health care.

Southern states in particular do not have expanded Medicare and I have read that these are the states with the highest number of Black people no insured because of the limited Medicaid resources for lower income.

https://tcf.org/content/report/racis...ans/?session=1
No bias here!

"The Century Foundation is a progressive, independent think tank"

Old 10-25-2021, 06:14 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,682,485 times
I volunteer at various places where there are people of every color, with many reasons why they are not employed. Disability, mental, drugs users, homeless, etc. Yet all of them have access to medical care. So IMO the idea that POC have less access to healthcare is another political BS issue to push their own agenda and get votes.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:15 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,191,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I've driven through the deep South and parts of it look like a third world country. You don't want your car to break down because there's no public transportation."

I've driven through MANY dem controlled cites and parts of it look like a third world country. You don't want your car to break down because there's no public transportation.
Which is why the two main parties are just opposite sides of the same coin.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:33 AM

7,029 posts, read 2,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Does anyone have any explanation as to why black women have less access to healthcare? I hear this all the time. I heard some woman on doctor radio going on and on about how they help black women get access to healthcare and all their programs. Is this like how blacks can't get ID? Or how blacks can't get decent educations, even with preferential treatment via affirmative action?

I was listening to an Illinois state school board call at the beginning of the pandemic and they were going on and on and ON about POC and helping them through the pandemic when it was clear that everyone was going to suffer in their education due to the pandemic. At some point, when the CPS teachers refused to go back to school, I realized all their talk about helping POC with education was just a smokescreen because they did everything in their power NOT go back to the classroom with the help of the teacher's unions. I realized that all these programs to help POC were just a ruse to funnel more taxpayer money into programs that they support but they had no real interest in helping the kids.

So is all this talk about POC not having access to healthcare just another way to funnel taxpayer money to those organizations that give lucrative taxpayer paid contracts to their friends and colleagues?

Why can't black women get mammograms? Do they not know they are supposed to? Can they not find the mammogram centers? Is this just another money grab? There is Medicaid, the ACA with generous subsidies...so what is the issue?

I also hear that outcomes are worse for POC who have cancer, diabetes, etc. Is this because they don't do any preventative care or they don't monitor what they eat, etc?

The lady was actually saying they remind them about appointments. They can't remember when they have a doctor's appointment?

When does personal responsibility become important?

I am a breast cancer survivor. I didn't want to go get a mammogram. Who does? But I did. I took care of myself. No one showed me how to do it. I also try to watch what I eat. I love sugar but I have to not eat it because I gain weight.

Are we treating black women like children?
How do you think people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Hussein got rich? They don't solve problems. They fleece the public to keep the issues alive.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:35 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
"I would guess that a good chunk of it could be tied into many black women having lower-level/lower-paying jobs, which means health insurance is probably more limited, and less disposable income to pay out of pocket."

Which is why doing well in school getting that high school diploma is so important.

Did the commas fly away ?

Quote:
If you don't get it, or barley pass, what do you expect?

Do you think a business is going to pay you top wages when ypu barley based in high school?

"cause and effect"!

I can't believe you even asked such questions.

In which wonderful area is the paragon of education a.k.a your alma mater located?

Old 10-25-2021, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
How do you think people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Hussein got rich? They don't solve problems. They fleece the public to keep the issues alive.

Why include his middle name?

It's not as though there would be any doubt who you'd be referring to if you just used his first name.

No need to answer.

It's a rhetorical question.

We know why.

SMDH.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
" We need to create more programs that give priority to blacks"

Whatch you mean WE?

YOU are FREE to give however much YOU want.

NOT MY responsibility.

I knows a LOT of black pro athletes do and give a lot to their communities.

Based on what they make, how about a 10% tax on ALL income that goes to a health care insurance buying program?

Heck, even tax BLM, being they "care" so much.

Also include the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People, NAACP!

Us "racists " whites, which included ALL whites, aren't responsible.

I'm surprised that the way you treat us and call us names, you even TAKE the money from such racists.

It is funny, how we are called racist at the drop of a hat, yet the SAME people have NO PROBLEM taking our money!

That poster you were replying to above was giving an example of where that approach, which he is obviously not in favor of, might lead. He wasn't advocating for that approach.

Old 10-25-2021, 07:05 AM

78,550 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Answer: Right wingers stand in their way.
If true, you're only helping them with responses like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies