Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 10:00 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is the thing. When the Braves won the NLCS, I wasn't even thinking about the All-Star Game or Colorado. I was thinking "Oh boy, a team I could care less for, and a team that cheated in 2017". I was really befuddled by all the references to Colorado.
EVERY Braves fan was thinking precisely the same thing the OP was when he wrote that post.

I wrote MLB when they pulled that crap of moving the all-star game out of Atlanta (a Democrat stronghold city for decades) & told them they were being racists against Atlanta because we have such a large Black population and Denver doesn't. I received no reply from those racists.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:04 AM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Sports sadly have become political, and that is why I won`t watch any more.
I ditched the NBA and NFL forever, for the players kneeling & disrepecting our country and vets.

I still watch MLB and College Football...for now.

Some of MLB's leadership are woke racists, but most are not, and most players are not either. Instead, they are proud American patriots.

Go Braves, Chop Chop Chop those Astro's

Old 10-25-2021, 10:06 AM

732 posts, read 1,046,218 times
Yes, the irony is real.

I'm amazed they're still allowed to call themselves the Braves.

Will Stacey Abrams show up to throw out the 1st pitch?

Go Braves!!!!

Old 10-25-2021, 10:35 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
Go Astros!!!!

Old 10-25-2021, 11:30 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
EVERY Braves fan was thinking precisely the same thing the OP was when he wrote that post.

I wrote MLB when they pulled that crap of moving the all-star game out of Atlanta (a Democrat stronghold city for decades) & told them they were being racists against Atlanta because we have such a large Black population and Denver doesn't. I received no reply from those racists.
Actually, based on the stuff I saw on facebook, it was mostly White Atlanta Braves fans. I didn't see a single political angle come from any Black people who were rooting for the Braves.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Go Astros!!!!
I have no respect for the Astros either. I really have no stake in this World Series. The team I normally root for has never been to the World Series. The teams I wanted to see go to the World Series aren't going. And the Astros 2017 cheating scandal, I haven't forgotten that.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I will be rooting for ATL to win and the booing of the MLB commissioner.
I grew up in the Atlanta area, and I've never rooted for the Braves. I don't think I will be rooting for them now. I won't be rooting for the Astros either. I've skipped some World Series' because of teams playing in them.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:01 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have no respect for the Astros either. I really have no stake in this World Series. The team I normally root for has never been to the World Series. The teams I wanted to see go to the World Series aren't going. And the Astros 2017 cheating scandal, I haven't forgotten that.
Do some research. Almost all teams were doing the same sort of thing. Yankees and Red Sox were caught twice each but the Astros were singled out for punishment because they beat Boston, NY and LA to win the 2017 World Series.

Chris Bassit of Oakland just came out and admitted as much. Other players have said the same thing. And White Sox manager Tony LaRussa was using cameras and a light on the scoreboard to signal pitches in the 1980's. It's been going on forever but only Houston has been punished.

The snitch Mike Fiers ratted out his former team because he was upset about being left off the post season roster. Yet he still has his World Series ring and kept his share of the World Series money.

Astros in 6 games.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:17 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Yes, the irony is real.

I'm amazed they're still allowed to call themselves the Braves.

Will Stacey Abrams show up to throw out the 1st pitch?

Go Braves!!!!
She wouldn't even dare show up for a game, much less put herself in a position to be booed.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

Bingo…and it wasn’t just Braves fans. I thought about it more the Braves got closer to going to the WS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies