Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 07:10 PM

1,153 posts, read 631,712 times

Advertisements

Do you see it as a him telling it like it is and standing for the truth or just being petty and tasteless ?

Here's Trump using Colin Powell's death to center the focus on himself.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-xqazu2zjds898

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

And here's Trump dissing a dead John McCain to express his criticisms on his daughter, Meghan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-etsyzmp4vg0

"Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.” At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.” In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.” She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!"

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 07:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
It's highly appropriate for politicians to attack people they don't like, while they are still alive, but not right after they die.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:24 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,990,828 times
With how this country has been operating the past 10 months, I say Trump can let fly like mousilini from the balcony. . Say what you want. This country is in a far bigger mess now than when he was in charge. There is damage being done now that may not be capable of getting fixed for 10 years or more. I didn't think it was possible to cause so many issues in so short a time frame. But biden/harris sure have.

I never understood either that suddenly everyone becomes a great person when they pass away when so many people couldn't stand them when they were alive. Makes ZERO sense to me

Old 10-24-2021, 07:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Tacky and tasteless.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:28 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Reprehensible. Trump is as classless and stupid as Biden.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:30 PM

41,966 posts, read 75,229,826 times
The irony is that he doesn't realize he's the biggest RINO of them all.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:33 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Powell and McCain. Both were Republicans and veterans. And yet, I noticed something. I didn't see many conservatives saying "RIP Colin Powell" or "RIP John McCain", at least on Facebook. When I found out about both of their deaths, it was mainly liberals, and some Blacks saying those things. And some of the foulest things coming from Trump. I would think ALL of us could unite in respect towards two veterans.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:35 PM

13,463 posts, read 4,301,426 times
I like honesty and cut the b.s. I hate the fake ones that act in front of the cameras and in private are the opposite. That to me is more classless. I want people in government to tell us what they really feel about each other.

I don't get offended because all of these people that Trump talks about attacked him viciously for years first so Trump expressing his feelings just cuts the b.s. and tells the whole story that these people never liked each other and to pretend that death will change what happened is hypocritical.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:37 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Refreshing. Both of those war criminals are deserving of every ounce of disrespect they get.

Old 10-24-2021, 07:41 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,521,835 times
Probably better to just say nothing at all. Save it for later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies