Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 02:28 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,315,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie White View Post
Same thing I did between March of 2020 and May of 2021 when mask requirements were largely lifted for those fully vaccinated.

I wore a mask.
from March '20 to May '21, anytime you went to the mailbox or just hung outside in your yard, you wore a mask?

And yet you'd call others stupid?

Old 10-26-2021, 02:35 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Covid and the vaccination has surely brought out all the Little Hitlers, has it not?

Some of you are the reason some of us hoard firearms and ammunition.
The 2nd wasn't about hunting, it was to protect against a tyrannical government. Seems some of these tyrants have forgotten that. I hope it never comes to that, but you push people into a corner, they WILL fight their way out.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:38 PM

50 posts, read 18,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclem View Post
First, driving is a right, not a privilege, since traveling is a right, not a privilege. For one to live, have liberty, and pursue one's happiness, one must be able to move around, and in 21st century America moving involves cars. There are many areas/routes you cannot safely travel without cars. On a deeper level, Earth is our home as human beings and we have the right to go anywhere on it we want to.

Second, driving makes it far less likely to spread disease than taking public transportation, and driving to a store makes it less likely to spread disease than walking to that store, especially given that there are drive-through lanes and curbside pickup specifically designed for cars.

If a state made this unjust and nonsensical move, I'd protest, and if that didn't work, I'd leave for one of the many states who wouldn't enact the policy. And I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep if others with less cool heads than me decided to exact retribution on the architects and enforcers of that kind of tyranny.
Operating machinery is always a privilege. Not a right. By that argument it should be a right to fly an airplane without a license, or for 8 year olds to drive, or an elderly person with dementia or someone with ten DUIs to keep driving.

Driving is a privilege period. In the history of automobiles, not one single judge, liberal or conservative, has ever once struck down a law requiring drivers licenses or thrown out a conviction of driving on a suspended license.

If you get pulled over and have no valid license, you will go to jail, period.

I'm more than happy for anti vaxxers to leave my State. May I suggest a different country?

Old 10-26-2021, 02:40 PM

50 posts, read 18,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
from March '20 to May '21, anytime you went to the mailbox or just hung outside in your yard, you wore a mask?

And yet you'd call others stupid?
I chose to ignore that non starter part of the question.

My yard is not a public place, nor did I have other people in my yard during that time frame.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:40 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,695 times
Quote:
You're right, anti-vaxxers don't wear name tags.

I'd prefer they don't wear wallets containing drivers licenses either.

This thread has gotten so off topic that no one has addressed the question posed since page one.

What are you going to do if you can't get a drivers license without the vaccine?

Well there are only two things you CAN do:

1. Put on your baby bonnet, pacifier and drag your baby blankey into the pharmacy and get your shot while your mommy holds your hand and the big mean pharmacist gives you your lollipop and Scooby Doo bandaid.

2. Drive anyway, on a suspended license, and just don't do anything to get yourself pulled over. You'll never have a flat tire by the side of the road and a highway patrolman rolls along. And no one will ever collide with you. Heavens no!

My money is on every single internet tough guy here choosing option number 1, which would work out great for all us grownups in the world. Hence the proposal.
There is a 3 option: fraud. I proposed a mechanism, forge a foreign vaccine document. They will never verify it.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:44 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,315,636 times
Quote:

If you get pulled over and have no valid license, you will go to jail, period.

I'm more than happy for anti vaxxers to leave my State. May I suggest a different country
well, let's start with your state. Where are you?

then, it sounds like you're saying it would be illegal to renew your license, but you'd increase the penalty for unlicensed drivers - if they weren't vaxxed, to be immediate jail time? Is there some state where getting pulled over and having an expired/non-valid license is grounds for a jail sentence?

Old 10-26-2021, 02:46 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,426,926 times
Quote:
I learned in the 6th grade about the effectiveness of vaccines (never 100 percent) breakthrough cases and the need to have wide population coverage for the virus to die out as a result.

Guess you missed that day of your h.ome schooling
The vaccines are not even at 50% after a few months, lol.

Guessed you missed that day of school?

I guess you missed the day of school that explained how vaccinated people are getting infected and dying as well? Thus this virus is not just going to "die out".

Old 10-26-2021, 02:47 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,122,695 times
Quote:
I'd say that job requirements, airline travel requirements, requirements to enter certain businesses and go to college is something we are doing about it as we speak.

But at least you admit that IS what you are doing.
We will see if OHSA requirements, once rolled out, pass Constitutional muster. Right now it’s all voluntary by the employers or state requirements.

Airline requirements lol ? You mean for international travel ? The one where you need to take an antigen 24 hours before vs 3 days? I’ll just change the dates on my tests using Adobe Acrobat like I did millions of times. All these rules I wiped my butt with.

Not in Florida, but I’ll just show a fake foreign vaccine pdf document if I ever go to NYC. They cannot verify and no prison time for this if caught.

Not all colleges.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:48 PM

1,265 posts, read 446,368 times
Vaxxers have been brain washed thinking this shot is the best thing since sliced bread. Breaking news vaxxers it’s not.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:52 PM

4,535 posts, read 4,062,216 times
Quote:
Come back here and cite a single case of someone driving on a suspended license who successfully got off on a "right to travel" defense.

Take your time. I'll wait.
I know people personally who do this and have heard of others. Want to know why it doesn't go to court? Because they don't push it to that point. Because they won't win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies