Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
There are a significant number of Americans- hopefully not half but possibly close - who think like him. They won’t say it to our faces but they’ll support politicians who do.
They all read from the same script. And its a script because few of them have their own critical thinking skills.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:26 PM

50 posts, read 18,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclem View Post
That's an unfair argument because many states didn't require them at all. Production cars were invented in 1886, and South Dakota didn't institute drivers licenses until 1959, and there were dozens of other states that had no licenses over the half century after car travel became more common. Horse and carriage travel is likely as or more dangerous than car travel on a per capita accident basis, and there were no licenses required for them.

DUI should not be a crime unless you cause an accident. If you cause an accident, and the penalty for that can be severe, you can agree to not drive as a condition of non-imprisonment rather than having a license revoked.

There's no need for pilot's licenses either. If you screw up, you die. If you're carrying others, they should know you're not trained and fly at their own risk. If you're operating an airline, you're liable for any damage you cause and your customers are going to want to make sure you have trained pilots. Private schools/certifications could achieve that just as easily as government licenses. Airport owners could require that all pilots landing there be trained/certified.

Wrong - it's a traffic ticket in every state I'm aware of; not a misdemeanor, no arrest or jailtime involved, 'period.'

-------

I'm not even concerned with having to have a drivers license, I'm concerned with your highly disturbing obsession with taking them away when it does nothing to stop the spread of disease. And when the vaccine itself does nothing to stop the spread of disease either.

It is not an unfair argument. In the history of the last several decades, since licenses have been required not one judge has agreed with you.

It is the same for pilots and drivers licenses. Yeah, if I screw up, I could die....AND take other people with me. And those other people aren't necessarily my passengers

Licenses are there for a reason, and very few people are going to agree with your claim that all people should be allowed to drive in all situations.

Really? DUI should be legal as long as there is no accident? I should be allowed to barrel down the road drunk out of my mind and you'd be totally cool sharing the road with me?

No laws whatsoever on unsafe behavior? Perhaps I should be able to let off celebratory gunfire in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip and it should be perfectly legal as long as no one gets hit?

Laws aren't just there to punish tragedies, they are there to prevent them.

And I don't know where you live, but in Virginia, you would be taken into custody while your vehicle is impounded. You will have to post bond to get out, have a new court date, and face fines, a longer suspension, possibly going back to jail as part of your sentence, and have a criminal record.

If you get pulled over and your license comes up suspended, the officer does not simply hand you a ticket and send you on your way to resume driving on a suspended license. That would completely defeat the purpose of driving on a suspended license.

You are also not covered by insurance while driving on a suspended license, and in Virginia, if another driver hits you, then both that driver and their insurance company is off the hook, on the grounds that you should not have been there to hit in the first place. Courts are not there to help someone who comes in with dirty hands.

Nothing you have said is true, in fact, none of it is even logical.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie White View Post
Fake vaccination cards wouldn't work at the DMV, because the DMV wouldn't even ask to see them.

Covid vaccination records are kept by your State's department of health. State agencies share info with one another.

And no judge will strike it down.

Vaccination status is not a protected class, and driving is a privilege, not a right .
I don't drive a motor vehicle. I travel by my car on my roadways protected by the 9th amendment.
Just send the gov, an affidavit declaring your person is not the ficticious corporation they have alleged, to fraud the court.

CAPITUS DIMENUTIO MAXIMA - Learn It.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies