Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2021, 10:07 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,714,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I had a couple who used to work for me. They joined this sort of culty eastern religion. Changed their names. Not legally at that point but that was what they wanted to be referred to as. I respected their wises. They were not asking me to join their cult or agree with what they were doing. Just a small token of respect is all they wanted.

Seems like some are so bothered by trans people they have to go out of their way let them know they don't like them. What is the point?

Why not just respect others and call people how they want to be called? You claim some sort of Libertarian cred so walk the walk.

Satire is a different story. In comedy everything should be fair game. Everyone needs a thicker skin. In the real world people should be polite. And not just with the trans situation, in all of life.
Agreed. We can see that it isn't though. And that is just one of the many problems. People aren't going out of there way to harass and hate on the transgender community, of course there are exceptions. It seems like the transgender community is going out of there way to cause animosity towards them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 10:37 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You clearly haven't watched Chappelle. Yes, he did say that. Maybe not as much in this recent special, but he has in his last two before "The Closer." And honestly he's right about all of it. Not even for black people, but people in general. The LBGTQ community seems to be getting everything they want from their outraged behavior, and to top it all off, they have the audacity to try and compare what they go through to what people of color went through. Now obviously incidents like George Floyd (who I wish the public would stop worshiping), are proof that we the people do care when a black man is killed. But Chappelle isn't wrong.
The LGBTQ movement has become a vehicle for bored, privileged, woke whites to bask in the light of the poor set upon minority victim. It also allows racist whites to inflate their own egos, by putting on the mantle of brave woke protector for the poor set upon minority victims.

I'm sure the CRT enthusiasts condemn all whites, and then wink at the trans community, as if to say "oh, but not you, cuz you're in the victim class now too."

Old 10-27-2021, 10:46 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,324,628 times
Quote:
I have watched everyone of his netflix specials. Every episode of his TV show. His appearance on Coffee and Cars with Seinfeld. Watched him on Letterman's Netflix show. Your comment is totally wrong. Watch him with Seinfeld. He makes a very poignant comment about slavery and what it took from black people that they will never get back. Watch. It will explain a lot about his current comments. And for all the GOP that get a kick out of this. He also clearly states how he feels about Trump and Trump voters and the demographics of the community he lives in. This is simply the enemy of my enemy is my friend. He is not on your side. He is not even saying what you think he is. That is the real irony here.

Look you get a kick out of a person from one group you don't particularly care for calling out another group you really don't like. That is obvious here. Dave is a little more nuanced than you seem to understand. You just like the red meat of it. All Dave seems to want is the trans community to have a sense of humor. Obviously he had hired them and has trans friends. Two things I doubt you can say about yourself. I can.

I know Chappelle doesn't care for Republicans and Trump. But he's not telling those people not to come to his shows. If he hates Republicans and Trump, that's his right to do so. See that's what separates me from loons like you. I don't punch the air in anger if someone has different political views than I do. And honestly Dave is right. Why was Comedy Central so cool with him saying the N word and poking fun at his own people, but he had to retract the word f*ggot?

And I'm sorry, but the LBGTQ community, (mainly the Trans community), have tried using the struggles of Black people and have even gone as far as saying it's all the same thing. No, it's not. Also, you have no idea who I am and who I have as friends. You're just another emotional baby oozing your feelings all over here.

For starters, I have no issue with anyone's sexuality. If you choose to be gay, go for it. Want to undergo surgery to become a man or woman? Fine by me. It's when you take your sexuality and shove it down my throat and use violence to demand everyone "respect and treat you as equals." I have a problem with people being canceled over laughing at jokes. And I have a bigger problem with a lot of the Trans people having no issue with jokes being made about anyone or anything else, except them. Not how it works. And I'm tired of them acting like victims all the time. Hell, it happened at Netflix HQ during the protests! A bunch of Trans people ripped down a sign someone had on a wooden post defending Dave Chappelle. After they attacked him and ripped the sign off the post, they had the nerve to say "HE'S GOT A WEAPON!" As if all of it wasn't recorded on camera. If you really knew comedy, you'd know no one is safe in a comedian's world. Anyone from all walks of life can get roasted.

Nope, your corny self is still wrong. What I like is that Chappelle, Netflix, and many others are finally standing up to this nonsense. We can't keep cancelling everyone and everything because fragile babies like you and many others always get offended. If it bothers you, grow the hell up, stop crying, and watch something else. No one is forcing you to watch or license.

I love how you judge me when you don't even know me. My sister is gay and is happily married, I have gay friends, and in college, I had a trans kid in my class who was actually a really cool person and even helped me out on an assignment I was having trouble on. So I honestly don't care what your pathetic self has to say or think of me, because you don't know me.

Last edited by DK736; 10-27-2021 at 11:12 AM..

Old 10-27-2021, 10:47 AM

22,365 posts, read 29,491,867 times
I don't think he said anything wrong. Just over sensitive people with their panties in a bunch

Old 10-27-2021, 11:07 AM

17,336 posts, read 12,292,973 times
Haven't ventured in to Yellow Springs since this fallout. Wonder what's going on there now. It's kind of a miniature Portland/San Francisco of Ohio. Most businesses flying pride flags and such...but also had "Thanks Dave!" signs up for his investment in the community.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:08 AM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
A libertarian (UNcapitalized please note) ethic revolves around the principle of "live and let live".

It does not mandate kow-towing to the senstivities of every self-appointed misfit who wears his/her decision to deviate as a badge of honor, and expects a virtue signal from everyone else. This is not the military, I'm not wearing a uniform, and I don't have to salute.
I agree with the highlighted. I am sure in your day to day life navigating which pronouns to use and not offending the LGBTetc community is not something that comes up much. I can't recall myself when I had to deal with something like that. So why not let people live how they want? Cassius Clay changed his name to Muhammad Ali. Almost everyone accepted that. He wanted to be called by his new name. Big deal?

But when it does come up using he or she or whatever is not a big sacrifice. Its not like doing so is endorsing their lifestyle. Its like with Ali. Its showing respect. And that is the libertarian way of doing things.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:20 AM

30,202 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
I know Chappelle doesn't care for Republicans and Trump. But he's not telling those people not to come to his shows. If he hates Republicans and Trump, that's his right to do so. See that's what separates me from loons like you. I don't punch the air in anger if someone has different political views than I do. And honestly Dave is right. Why was Comedy Central so cool with him saying the N word and poking fun at his own people, but he had to retract the word f*ggot?
I am a libertarian who sides much more with Trump than the dems. You don't even know my political views. I can't stand the cancel culture and how its ruined comedy and many peoples careers. So I agree with you on that. Dave should stand up for himself. All your observations about me are way off. And I am not buying this sudden LGBT+ love fest you claim to really have. You don't start threads like this without having deep seated animosity. And then there is the name calling. Wow.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:43 AM

39,263 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:

But when it does come up using he or she or whatever is not a big sacrifice. Its not like doing so is endorsing their lifestyle. Its like with Ali. Its showing respect. And that is the libertarian way of doing things.
It's also the libertarian way of doing things to simply allowing free market to decide if his jokes are acceptable or not.

Old 10-27-2021, 12:51 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,324,628 times
Quote:
I am a libertarian who sides much more with Trump than the dems. You don't even know my political views. I can't stand the cancel culture and how its ruined comedy and many peoples careers. So I agree with you on that. Dave should stand up for himself. All your observations about me are way off. And I am not buying this sudden LGBT+ love fest you claim to really have. You don't start threads like this without having deep seated animosity. And then there is the name calling. Wow.

That's fine if you don't want to believe me. I honestly don't care. You can think of whatever BS logic you need to tell yourself, but I didn't post this because I have "deep seated animosity." I posted this because for the first time in 6 years (2015 was when cancel culture really took off), we finally have a victim of cancel culture who's not only able to stand up for himself, but for an entire section of entertainment. Dave isn't just doing this for himself, he's standing up for all comedians who have been affected by cancel culture. Just like when Chris Rock was on a podcast interview a few months ago. He was spot on when he said we as humans need to learn what failure is and learn from our mistakes so we can grow. Canceling people does nothing but give the overly offended a small victory, which continues to feed their addiction.

It's never enough for them. They always want more. And they don't care if you apologize and own up to your mistakes. They want you canceled forever. They want you business destroyed, and your family members on their cancel list as well. But the tides are beginning to change. Especially since you have the CEO of Netflix backing Dave up. If this was happening 2 or 3 years ago, I highly doubt I would be able to open up Netflix and see any of Chappelle's stand up on their app.

Well hey, if my observations about you are "way off," then you're completely left field about your observations about me. LOL name calling? You're literally on here accusing me of hating gays and Trans, and that my sister doesn't exist, because you're an emotional loon who's upset that I won't conform to your way of thinking. If you're gonna spew your crap at me then I'll gladly dish it back.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:37 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,519,269 times
Quote:
That's fine if you don't want to believe me. I honestly don't care. You can think of whatever BS logic you need to tell yourself, but I didn't post this because I have "deep seated animosity." I posted this because for the first time in 6 years (2015 was when cancel culture really took off), we finally have a victim of cancel culture who's not only able to stand up for himself, but for an entire section of entertainment. Dave isn't just doing this for himself, he's standing up for all comedians who have been affected by cancel culture. Just like when Chris Rock was on a podcast interview a few months ago. He was spot on when he said we as humans need to learn what failure is and learn from our mistakes so we can grow. Canceling people does nothing but give the overly offended a small victory, which continues to feed their addiction.

It's never enough for them. They always want more. And they don't care if you apologize and own up to your mistakes. They want you canceled forever. They want you business destroyed, and your family members on their cancel list as well. But the tides are beginning to change. Especially since you have the CEO of Netflix backing Dave up. If this was happening 2 or 3 years ago, I highly doubt I would be able to open up Netflix and see any of Chappelle's stand up on their app.

Well hey, if my observations about you are "way off," then you're completely left field about your observations about me. LOL name calling? You're literally on here accusing me of hating gays and Trans, and that my sister doesn't exist, because you're an emotional loon who's upset that I won't conform to your way of thinking. If you're gonna spew your crap at me then I'll gladly dish it back.
<kaboom>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies