Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 12:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's wonderful.

Maybe if administrators thought reading was as important as going to a gay bar, they'd be tweeting about reading.

One can dream.
Yes! Or math or science fairs!

In 20 years, we'll be the wokest nation on earth with young adults who embrace everyone, but can't get decent paying jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 12:52 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,173,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. And the teacher seemed to male it all about her and not her students.
Board member, probably parent or former parent.

I dunno, I guess there's some educational value in a guided walk of the neighborhood. Maybe they stopped at the library. Really a lame field trip to go to the local library so you need to make it more interesting. It's the gay nightlife part of town so most of the restaurants are, well, gay themed and also not open. I probably would have picked the pizza joint but whatever, restaurant is a restaurant. I've grew up in the burbs. Walking field trip of the burbs? And here we have a house. It looks like the other house with a lawn and a two-car garage and was built in 1976 by Big Contractor Homes. They build over 25,000 homes a year and they all look just like this one! Very fascinating kids. Next we have another house....

Old 10-29-2021, 12:55 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It was already stated: "Annual event to do Haloween decorations".

I know this is crazy, but Gay people have families too. They are productive members of society, and can put together a family-friendly event. I would not send my kid to anyplace that is advocating or talking about sex or promiscuous activity. Gay or Strait. I still don't see where this is part of the agenda.

I will grant you: I had not looked at the menu either, and some of that is not appropriate. If it were my choice, I'd maybe choose another place, just to avoid the hassle, but I still don't think that just because the place is gay-friendly, or gay-owned, that it is a disqualifier. It is kinda sad that people think it is, and that is EXACTLY what the context of this discussion is trying to promote.

My Sunday School teacher growing up was openly gay. He taught us about the bible (Old Testament, I'm Jewish). His sexuality never came into play until some of the parents brought it in. I turned out strait despite breathing the same air as him....
If it didn't matter that the establishment was gay owned, why was that the celebration and congratulatory point being pushed by the school?

Why DID it matter that it was gay-owned? Because that was the whole point of going there.

Pretending like it's not a factor to be acknowledged when it is the SOLE factor as for why the kids were there is naive at best and deceitful at worst.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Reportedly, the walk through the community and a stop for lunch has been an annual event.
This year, the local privately- owned Rosies Bar and Grill was chosen as the lunch spot. The students were given children’s menus, not the adult menu. Obviously that detail was overlooked by some media as it contributed to the sensationalism of the story.

Reportedly, the community is rallying around the school board member and the bar/ grill which caters to families during the day- early evening hours.

Reportedly, the school board member has received multiple death threats.

I am curious to see the field trip approval form.

Imagine any restaurant that can accommodate an elementary school serves alcohol, albeit not to children.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-29-2021 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-29-2021, 01:05 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Yes! Or math or science fairs!

In 20 years, we'll be the wokest nation on earth with young adults who embrace everyone, but can't get decent paying jobs.
I'll add to your last sentence, because China will be ruling us.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:12 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,173,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
If it didn't matter that the establishment was gay owned, why was that the celebration and congratulatory point being pushed by the school?

Why DID it matter that it was gay-owned? Because that was the whole point of going there.

Pretending like it's not a factor to be acknowledged when it is the SOLE factor as for why the kids were there is naive at best and deceitful at worst.
It wasn't.

It was being highlighted on a board member's personal social media. Usually that's just a parent or someone who lives in the neigbhorhood who serve as volunteers on the local elmentary school board. It is not "the school." It's a person's social media page.

If I had to guess, it's someone who is gay and for whom this restaurant is of particular importance so they posted about it on social media.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:16 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,123,382 times
This is nothing more than institutionalized GROOMING by the leftist cabal.
They throw out test cases to gauge reaction and to normalize these behaviors then move forward with the agenda.

It takes a village to destroy your kids...they're doing it and we're letting them!

Old 10-29-2021, 01:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll add to your last sentence, because China will be ruling us.
Isn't that the truth?!!

Old 10-29-2021, 01:26 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Rhoda Cowboy. Bwah hahahahaha! Sounds like a fun place!

The link didn't specify if the children were served food, if they ordered off the menu, etc. So, you can save your pearls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It sounds like the business puts on a kids' fun day each year.
Exactly. And usually when places of business do that sort of thing, they close to other patrons, or have the kids in an area separate from other patrons.
Quote:
I can only imagine how many young children got started as gay because of this trip.
LOL, don't worry. It's Florida, they pray away the gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
The only field trips I went on in elementary school were to museums or the zoo.
Bummer. A couple of our elementary school classes went to restaurants as part of a field trip, so we'd have that experience of eating out, ordering our own food, behaving in public, etc.

Quote:
Yes, what is all the pearl clutching about? You shouldn't care if the school brings them to a gay club! You sound like a bunch of puritans.
LOL ... but it was a public restaurant, not a "gay club", and in broad daylight, too.

What do you think goes on at "gay clubs", anyway? A little drinking, a little dancing ... The ones I've been to are tamer than the average C-D poster would seem to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Taking schoolchildren to gay bars on a field trip? They shouldn't even be taking them to heterosexual strip clubs on field trips.
Who said anything about a strip club? And it's not a gay bar. It's a restaurant.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:28 PM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Some places in the US no permission slip is needed if it is close enough in distance to the school.

They walked. My guess is no permission slip needed.
When mine (grand) was in elementary I always had to sign a permission slip. It was a very, very small school located in BFE. They could walk to a museum just across the street, the assisted living./senior center, just across the street, and eat at the one and only diner, a block from the school, but I still had to sign a permission slip. I'm surprised any school takes kids anywhere, walking or not, and not require documentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies