Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 05:56 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
This bill they’re trying to pass sucks. Like I mean it really Moderator cut: profanity sucks.

I mean everything that might have been useful to average Americans got stripped away. Guaranteed paid time off, expansion of healthcare, inclusion of vision dental etc. Basically now it just subsidizes baby makers and illegals. Oh, and “green energy” which I don’t necessarily agree with the Democrats completely on either.

At this point, I’d be happier if they dropped the whole thing before it leads to more inflation (since they’re too scared to get the right way to pay for it) and…idk. Don’t seem like we have the right president or certain senators motivated to get real American priorities done.
They say democrats are the party of elite and super rich now. We have two corporate controlled parties. I mean look all the wealthy elitists are democrats like mark zuckerberg for example. Democrats are the party of the rich elite. I have no faith in this two party duopoly. This country is an oligarchy at this point. It's all a sham I think.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2021 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 06:35 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
This bill they’re trying to pass sucks. Like I mean it reallyModerator cut: profanity sucks.

I mean everything that might have been useful to average Americans got stripped away. Guaranteed paid time off, expansion of healthcare, inclusion of vision dental etc. Basically now it just subsidizes baby makers and illegals. Oh, and “green energy” which I don’t necessarily agree with the Democrats completely on either.

At this point, I’d be happier if they dropped the whole thing before it leads to more inflation (since they’re too scared to get the right way to pay for it) and…idk. Don’t seem like we have the right president or certain senators motivated to get real American priorities done.
Maybe it’s time to ponder a moment of sanity and look elsewhere for political leadership. Let’s face it, there are elements of the Democratic Party that want to defund the police. They are trying to get us to actually believe that the police are worse than the criminals? These same people have told us that walls are useless and don’t work. We’re smarter than that. These people should be tossed out of office in disgrace. These lies should be accountable, weed them out, clean house and drain the swamp.

That being said, the swamp drainage need not only apply to Dems, plenty of others need to go too.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2021 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 06:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Maybe it’s time to ponder a moment of sanity and look elsewhere for political leadership. Let’s face it, there are elements of the Democratic Party that want to defund the police. They are trying to get us to actually believe that the police are worse than the criminals? These same people have told us that walls are useless and don’t work. We’re smarter than that. These people should be tossed out of office in disgrace. These lies should be accountable, weed them out, clean house and drain the swamp.

That being said, the swamp drainage need not only apply to Dems, plenty of others need to go too.
I say we fire every senior federal government official in DC and rehire the good ones.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:45 PM

4,863 posts, read 2,674,972 times
every thing in that bill that would have helped the average American had to be cut so we can give every illegal immigrant that was separated from their family at the border as they illegally entered our country.....$450,000 each...a married couple will be instant millionaires...

Old 10-30-2021, 06:47 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
No and no.

It's time we as taxpayers (and that means all of us) need to let our elected officials know they will make a reasonable budget and operate within the means of it and account for all expenditures. Extravagant and wasteful spending has to stop.
I agree with your sentiment but not gonna happen.....either we jack up taxes and not leave a bill for our kids and grandkids to pay or we continue running up the tab for our grandkids to pay.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:47 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
No and no.

It's time we as taxpayers (and that means all of us) need to let our elected officials know they will make a reasonable budget and operate within the means of it and account for all expenditures. Extravagant and wasteful spending has to stop.
So you believe that none of these things in the budget are necessary, child care, repair of bridges and roads, climate change. We should just balance the budget and go on with business as usual and these things will be fixed. We are behind every civilized country they're building high speed trains and we are waiting for bridges to fall down.

Where was all this concern when we approved DOD funding of almost a billion dollars.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So you believe that none of these things in the budget are necessary, child care, repair of bridges and roads, climate change. We should just balance the budget and go on with business as usual and these things will be fixed. We are behind every civilized country they're building high speed trains and we are waiting for bridges to fall down.

Where was all this concern when we approved DOD funding of almost a billion dollars.
Balance the budget, THEN talk about new spending. No new spending of any kind whatsoever should be on the table until the government demonstrates some fiscal responsibility....say 10 consecutive years of budget surplus and decreasing national debt.

Freeze the federal budget at what it was the last time we had a surplus indefinitely.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
????????????????

Newsflash- the democrat party is controlled by the oligarchs and the trial lawyer's association and does not give a rip about the average American.

The party of Trump now represents working class people; democrats represent the ultra rich and provide lip service to the very poor in the form of pretending to care about social issues.
You live in fantasy land if you believe that, what do you think was the point of the 2017 Tax Reform Act, was the concern for the middle class with the corporate tax cuts. Give me a break.

Working class people LOL, sure it wasn't the corporate lobbyists pushing for the tax cuts it was the little guy. The millionaire populist exists in the minds of the Trumpers.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Balance the budget, THEN talk about new spending. No new spending of any kind whatsoever should be on the table until the government demonstrates some fiscal responsibility.

Freeze the federal budget at what it was the last time we had a surplus indefinitely.
Never heard a good plan for balancing the budget from either party. Cut DOD, Medicare, Medicaid, let's see the plan. Simpson-Bowles was the best bipartisan plan put together years ago and of course congress ignored the bill.

So where are the cuts, what are you willing to give up as opposed to an increase in taxes. Big budget cuts, not just foreign aide.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Never heard a good plan for balancing the budget from either party. Cut DOD, Medicare, Medicaid, let's see the plan. Simpson-Bowles was the best bipartisan plan put together years ago and of course congress ignored the bill.

So where are the cuts, what are you willing to give up as opposed to an increase in taxes. Big budget cuts, not just foreign aide.
Abolish social security. End the drug war and legalize all drugs (and implement an excise tax on them). End 80% of welfare programs. End corporate subsidies and start letting failing businesses fail. Consolidate all federal law enforcement agencies. Implement a flat consumption tax and abolish the IRS. Disband TSA and let airports figure out their own security under FAA and airline oversight. Reduce the federal employee headcount by ~50%, give the remaining half a 50% pay bump, change their pension to a defined contribution scheme, and make them at-will employees. Require zero base budgeting every year, and incentivize coming in under budget. Maybe a surplus sharing scheme.

Happy to write off what I paid into SS so far. It's not like it's going to be solvent enough to pay me when I hit retirement age in 50 years. Might as well cut my losses now

Last edited by albert648; 10-30-2021 at 07:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies