Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 11:49 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,548,507 times

Advertisements

This bill they’re trying to pass sucks. Like I mean it really Moderator cut: profanity sucks.

I mean everything that might have been useful to average Americans got stripped away. Guaranteed paid time off, expansion of healthcare, inclusion of vision dental etc. Basically now it just subsidizes baby makers and illegals. Oh, and “green energy” which I don’t necessarily agree with the Democrats completely on either.

At this point, I’d be happier if they dropped the whole thing before it leads to more inflation (since they’re too scared to get the right way to pay for it) and…idk. Don’t seem like we have the right president or certain senators motivated to get real American priorities done.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2021 at 12:51 PM..

Old 10-29-2021, 11:51 PM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
You are surprised that a political party funded by corporate interests isn’t passing legislation that benefits the general public?

Old 10-29-2021, 11:56 PM

21,167 posts, read 19,768,059 times
I'm glad to see a glimmer of hope from a Democrat coming to his/her senses. The most useful thing for Americans would be to reduce the debt, not add to it.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You are surprised that a political party funded by corporate interests isn’t passing legislation that benefits the general public?
No I’m not. The parties need a complete overhaul, maybe even elimination. Politics have about become pointless now

Old 10-30-2021, 12:01 AM

8,894 posts, read 5,383,332 times
Plus payments for the illegals who were separated from their families while breaking the law. Don't know if that is in the bill or not. I agree, scrap the whole thing.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm glad to see a glimmer of hope from a Democrat coming to his/her senses. The most useful thing for Americans would be to reduce the debt, not add to it.
I’ve been feeling more and more upset ever since the DNC robbed us of the candidate we wanted and deserved and put bare bones Biden there instead. We could’ve had a solid decent president where maybe we could’ve looked forward to getting some of promises actually fulfilled. But no, we’d rather give criminals half a million dollars because they had to suffer consequences of their crimes. I hate it here.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:28 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
This bill they’re trying to pass sucks. Like I mean it really Moderator cut: profanity sucks.

I mean everything that might have been useful to average Americans got stripped away. Guaranteed paid time off, expansion of healthcare, inclusion of vision dental etc. Basically now it just subsidizes baby makers and illegals. Oh, and “green energy” which I don’t necessarily agree with the Democrats completely on either.

At this point, I’d be happier if they dropped the whole thing before it leads to more inflation (since they’re too scared to get the right way to pay for it) and…idk. Don’t seem like we have the right president or certain senators motivated to get real American priorities done.
And yet, not a whimper of protest when they lower the taxes on the rich or corporations!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2021 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-30-2021, 02:50 AM

350 posts, read 230,276 times
As someone who always voted Democrat in the past, I plan on voting straight Republican in the local election on Tuesday. I didn't vote last November....I just could NOT vote for Biden (he scared me and he's actually far worse than I expected!). I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump either.

However, I'm hoping things turn and the Dems lose power soon. Biden scares me more than ever! He's been a disaster from the beginning! His extreme policies are not sustainable ....and seem crazy to me. The latest being he wants to give some illegal immigrant families $450,000 per person meaning that some of those families will be getting well over a million each!! Why and what does that mean? What about American citizens who are suffering? Why would we be rewarding illegal behavior for people who are not citizens? How does any of this make sense?

In addition, we are no longer energy independent! We were last year at this time and it's now driving up the price of gas and everything.....it's going to be a hard winter for many.

Afghanistan withdrawal was a disaster! There are still Americans stuck there and if that had happened as played out as it did with Trump in power CNN would be having a count of the days American have been left behind....the media is extremely biased.

Then there are all of the mandates which are basically unconstitutional! The Dems want to silence free speech and Biden wants to force law abiding and tax paying American citizens to take what is still basically an experimental vaccine. I find that outrageous! The vaccine does not prevent transmission...so what is this really about? $$$. yet those illegals coming through the border (another huge disaster in the making!!) don't have a mandate to take it.

I am so over supporting the Dems!

Old 10-30-2021, 02:52 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Thread/

Old 10-30-2021, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs9 View Post
As someone who always voted Democrat in the past, I plan on voting straight Republican in the local election on Tuesday. I didn't vote last November....I just could NOT vote for Biden (he scared me and he's actually far worse than I expected!). I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump either.

However, I'm hoping things turn and the Dems lose power soon. Biden scares me more than ever! He's been a disaster from the beginning! His extreme policies are not sustainable ....and seem crazy to me. The latest being he wants to give some illegal immigrant families $450,000 per person meaning that some of those families will be getting well over a million each!! Why and what does that mean? What about American citizens who are suffering? Why would we be rewarding illegal behavior for people who are not citizens? How does any of this make sense?

In addition, we are no longer energy independent! We were last year at this time and it's now driving up the price of gas and everything.....it's going to be a hard winter for many.

Afghanistan withdrawal was a disaster! There are still Americans stuck there and if that had happened as played out as it did with Trump in power CNN would be having a count of the days American have been left behind....the media is extremely biased.

Then there are all of the mandates which are basically unconstitutional! The Dems want to silence free speech and Biden wants to force law abiding and tax paying American citizens to take what is still basically an experimental vaccine. I find that outrageous! The vaccine does not prevent transmission...so what is this really about? $$$. yet those illegals coming through the border (another huge disaster in the making!!) don't have a mandate to take it.

I am so over supporting the Dems!
It’s not just the extreme and misguided policies, it’s also the missed opportunities that could’ve been good for the American people. We can’t have a minimum guaranteed paid time off like every other civilized country has already had, but we can pay people who came here illegally? Nonsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies