Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 05:37 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,206,548 times

Advertisements

I never expected them to come through in most areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_ZoopZoop View Post
It’s duopoly…
Exactly.

Old 10-30-2021, 06:45 AM

3,413 posts, read 3,461,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Well, I see some dems are finally opening their eyes.....hope it`s not to late. MAGA
Hopefully enough get red pilled asap! Enough to cover the ballot box stuffing

Old 10-30-2021, 07:24 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,813,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
It’s not just the extreme and misguided policies, it’s also the missed opportunities that could’ve been good for the American people. We can’t have a minimum guaranteed paid time off like every other civilized country has already had, but we can pay people who came here illegally? Nonsense
All of that would be baked into your overall compensation. Why should I have to subsidize a female coworker's maternity leave? You might have a point if you're okay with a guaranteed sabbatical for childless employees of the same length or with childless and single people who have no intention of having kids being paid more to make up for it (and if they opt out in exchange for $, they don't get parental leave if they change their mind).

Us single and childless people already get screwed in every way imaginable as it is. As if paying thousands of dollars for schools we don't use, childcare facilities we don't use, federal financial aid we won't use, and all sorts of DOE garbage we won't use isn't enough of a subsidy....

Both bills need to die. The federal government spends too much money already.

Last edited by albert648; 10-30-2021 at 07:39 AM..

Old 10-30-2021, 07:36 AM

350 posts, read 231,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
What was so bad about trump that you couldn’t vote for him? Mean tweets? Boy did the media play you. Hope this is your wake up pill. You dont have to love your president to understand he is doing good for you and your nation.
You know you're right! I laughed at the jokes made about him and I still think he doesn't present himself well or professionally but I had to ask myself what disasters have there been while he was in office....he may have lied a lot but so do all politicians. Yes I have changed my mind and I think there are more moderate democrats and independents who are leaning away from the democratic party now.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,176,889 times
Good morning. Glad you're finally waking up. Looking forward to when you're fully awake and out of the dream completely.

Old 10-30-2021, 07:57 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,787,854 times
Quote:
Politics have about become pointless now
Definitely not for the politicians. How else can the lazy no good bums and thugs get to be millionaires so easy? Talk about a sweet ride on your dime.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:00 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,960,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs9 View Post
You know you're right! I laughed at the jokes made about him and I still think he doesn't present himself well or professionally but I had to ask myself what disasters have there been while he was in office....he may have lied a lot but so do all politicians. Yes I have changed my mind and I think there are more moderate democrats and independents who are leaning away from the democratic party now.
Yeah, but you know if you think about it.... it's exactly what we needed. You think being mild and polite and playing nice was going to do anything? NO. Look at what he was up against. Look at the vile, disgusting horrible way he was treated by not only the left, the media, but also from those corrupt freaks on the right who enrich THEMSELVES who didn't want to see their corrupt system disturbed in any way. I didn't vote for Trump the first time around, I wrote in Ron Paul.

But during the first 4 years of Trump, it was blatantly obvious from all of the bizarre vitriol aimed at him, (before he even took the oath of office, like wtf....why were people screaming and crying? Because they were brainwashed that he was the devil basically) anyway, the talking heads, the left, the media spewed all of this hatred onto him for a REASON. And it wasn't the reasons they cloaked their hatred with... the things they said out loud, the b.s. lies, it was for the things that they said quietly among themselves. The things they kept quiet. Trump simply was not one of them. He was not part of their system of corruption. So they had to do everything they could to destroy him and make the people hate him and cause division and strife.

I would say their plan backfired royally. Because I see more and more and more people every day waking up to the corruption and they're starting to fight back. They WANT us divided. Divided we're weak. We fight each other instead of turning the spotlight on THEM and their dirty deeds. It's the PEOPLE that matter. US. You and me. WE are the ones who are supposed to hold the power. Not the government.

It's not just bad democrats. It's also bad republicans. Bad people in the media who control the narrative, bad people all over the damn place. It's not just red vs blue. They have an agenda and it's to enrich THEMSELVES and keep the public blind and deaf to their shenanigans. Trump is bold and brash because he HAD to be. I love Ron Paul, but we needed Trump. Just my .02.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:03 AM

26,029 posts, read 13,045,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And yet, not a whimper of protest when they lower the taxes on the rich or corporations!
I own a corporation. If corp tax rises, I just jack up my prices. Every other corp does the same thing, so in the long run, we don't pay the taxes, our customers do. We make the same profit, no matter how high the taxes are. If you are buying stuff, YOU are the one who is really paying the corp taxes. The term used for this is "embedded" tax, or "indirect" tax, or "pass-through" costs/taxes.

But, don't believe me, do the research yourself...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-an-emb...s-an-example

http://www.txfairtax.org/FAQ/FAQEmbedded.htm

https://www.bankrate.com/glossary/i/indirect-tax/

Old 10-30-2021, 08:04 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,797,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Taxes should be lowered for everyone and government should be as limited as is possible.
This x10.

Old 10-30-2021, 08:07 AM

30,709 posts, read 19,387,116 times
Quote:
This bill they’re trying to pass sucks. Like I mean it really Moderator cut: profanity sucks.

I mean everything that might have been useful to average Americans got stripped away. Guaranteed paid time off, expansion of healthcare, inclusion of vision dental etc. Basically now it just subsidizes baby makers and illegals. Oh, and “green energy” which I don’t necessarily agree with the Democrats completely on either.

At this point, I’d be happier if they dropped the whole thing before it leads to more inflation (since they’re too scared to get the right way to pay for it) and…idk. Don’t seem like we have the right president or certain senators motivated to get real American priorities done.
It's clear that those in charge of the Joe Biden cadaver are anti-American and pro illegal immigration to destroy our systems.

Where I would agree with liberals is universal health care (total overhaul of our health system vis a vis UK or Canada style), green energy and EV transformation, upgraded infrastructure, higher taxes including wealth tax.

I would support upgraded education systems but I don't think liberals want that, they're happier with re-education centers to train compliant racists. I'm supportive of actual education in the basics of reading, writing, math, science, history, economics and music....oh and nutrition, we eat horribly as a nation.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-31-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies