Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2021, 10:25 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,497,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh I see, if things don't negatively impact you personally then it doesn't matter and to hell with the Americans that they do impact?

You "hear" there are a lot of people trying to cross our border? Under Biden we have set a 20 year high record! Doesn't matter what their excuses are they have no right to do that! It's just another thing that impacts Americans negatively but maybe you think it doesn't impact you personally so it's no big deal again?

Many illegals have taken once good paying construction jobs that Americans loved to do but they should just roll over and take a different job that they might not like to do or pays less? How about deporting these illegals instead and Americans getting those construction jobs back again? Oh that's right, it doesn't fit your pro-illegal narrative. You disgust me!
What's your proof that aliens are taking construction jobs from Americans? And anecdotes about friends of friends are not proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2021, 10:26 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
You’re not paying attention. There’s plenty of that spewing from Brandon’s mouth.
It's Biden. Brandon is some random dude.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:36 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What's your proof that aliens are taking construction jobs from Americans? And anecdotes about friends of friends are not proof.
My job puts me on construction sites for 32 years.

I've seen it for myself. Dry wall work, floor work, painting, electrical and plumbing and general laborers.

Those jobs were mostly done by whites and blacks with some Latinos, now for some of those roles the ratios have completely flipped.

That is for commercial work, on the residential side where they can get away with things more, the numbers skew even more Latino.

That's not anecdotal, I've seen it first hand.

It's almost getting to the point that you have to speak Spanish to get by on a project site.

Old 11-16-2021, 10:47 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Which nightmare? Which normal?
With Trump, Obama, Biden, the pandemic, great recession, and long-lasting wars in the Middle East, Americans have forgotten what normal is. Post 9/11, the US seems to be almost a different country. Much of the population has no memory of the earlier "normal" time so the definition has changed. We are not experiencing a "nightmare" although the rhetoric we hear often talks of civil war, violent extremism, communism, fascism, Red vs. Blue in all things. This is all hyperbole and can be traced back to the divisive and fanatical talk radio hosts that developed in the mid 1980s. There were big names that set the tone but every little radio circuit had small time wannabees. That tone transferred to public discourse as is demonstrated on this forum. Anonymity fuels and amplifies the rhetoric. The culture wars started in earnest in the 1990s, mostly one sided except for a few topics. There are those on the right who wax nostalgic for the 1950s or some other make-believe wonder years but they never actually lived in that era.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 746,631 times
Quote:
What laws is the Biden administration not enforcing?

Gas prices are not high at all

What cities are sanctuary cities, and how are they breaking the law? References to the US Code would help support your claim.
The Biden cabal under the direction of DHS Secretary Mayorkas is facilitating human trafficking and alien harboring. 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens.

Mayorkas has directed Border Patrol Sector Chiefs and CBP Port Directors to parole at least 40K migrants into the country contrary to 8 U.S. Code Title 8— Aliens and Nationality. 8 CFR § 212.5 - Parole of aliens into the United States is intended to enable local U.S. immigration officials to legally admit individuals under very unique circumstances. It was never intended to admit thousands of indigent migrants the majority of whom will become public charges living in this country at the expense of the U.S. tax payer. Willfully admitting a public charge is a violation of 8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens.

The President and the Secretary of Homeland Security took an oath to uphold that laws of the United States. That's not occurring at the southern border. When questioned this morning by Senators Graham and Cruz Secretary Mayorkas couldn't answer one question regarding the number of unaccompanied minors being held in custody, the number of convicted felons released by the Border Patrol or CBP, or the the number of unvetted Afghans that were flown into the U.S. after the debacle in Kabul, Afghanistan last August. He's either lying or has no clue about what's going on within the agencies that he's charged with directing and leading. Americans regardless of political affiliation should be outraged and disgusted.

Last edited by irishcopper; 11-16-2021 at 11:33 AM..

Old 11-16-2021, 11:23 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:

What cities are sanctuary cities, and how are they breaking the law? References to the US Code would help support your claim.
How are sanctuary city officials breaking the law?

Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.

Encouraging/Inducing -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) makes it an offense for any person who -- encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.

Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.

...With regard to violations of 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(ii)-(iv) and (v)(ii), domestic transportation, harboring, encouraging/inducing, or aiding/abetting, the basic statutory maximum term of imprisonment is 5 years, unless the offense was committed for commercial advantage or private financial gain, in which case the maximum term of imprisonment is 10 years.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...1324a-offenses

For that matter, any landlord who rents a home to an illegal alien is also violating federal law, and is subject to prosecution and imprisonment at the 10 year level.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:25 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:

Our borders, for one thing.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:27 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My job puts me on construction sites for 32 years.

I've seen it for myself. Dry wall work, floor work, painting, electrical and plumbing and general laborers.

Those jobs were mostly done by whites and blacks with some Latinos, now for some of those roles the ratios have completely flipped.

That is for commercial work, on the residential side where they can get away with things more, the numbers skew even more Latino.

That's not anecdotal, I've seen it first hand.

It's almost getting to the point that you have to speak Spanish to get by on a project site.
Also when you see your employer pay them under the table, which was what happened at my first job. Same as my husband, who worked with illegal immigrants.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:27 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Trump was the nightmare. Biden, in comparison, is sweet dreams.

Old 11-16-2021, 11:34 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump was the nightmare. Biden, in comparison, is sweet dreams.

You Democrats take comedy too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies