Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 09:21 AM

1,162 posts, read 456,538 times

Advertisements

Who cares If they are mild symptoms or none. The vaccine did it's job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 09:22 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Do you say the same about 'government control' regarding seatbelt or drunk driving laws?
I've debunked this argument few times on here, and I'm not in mood to argue again. Do a search.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:28 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
We've more than seen evidence of the vaccines working at this point. It's not debatable that they are effective. The story in the OP is just further proof of their effectiveness.
What you are trying to say is that because people got the "vaccine" and still got COVID it is considered effective because they didn't end up in the Hospital or Die.

One has to wonder how the vaccine pushers can make statements defending its effectiveness without totally laughing at the insanity of where they have gone in their pretzel twisting to try and justify the agenda. Just look at what the Federal Government had to do...they had to change the definition of a vaccine.

It is generally accepted that the COVID "vaccines" can reduce the severity of symptoms in some people, and likely have helped many, especially among the older population. But that doesn't mean it is "effective". As you can still spread COVID and can still catch COVID if vaccinated...as we see in this article and time and time again.

Then trying to call this "effective" to the point where people want to force others to get a "vaccine" that has had no studies on the long-term effects is where the issue lies with many.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:29 AM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Who cares If they are mild symptoms or none. The vaccine did it's job
You cannot say that with any confidence. Those are healthy students to begin with and may have weathered covid just fine with no vaccine.

They got sick in spite of a vaccine marketed to be 95% effective at PREVENTING covid.

The flu vaccine at 40% does a better job.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:29 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
What part of you can still get Covid but it won't kill you with your vaccine do you not understand?
If this is the intent then why do others care so much if I get Vaccinated? I don't understand. At my job they are forcing us to get vaccinated to make the work place safer? How does it actually make it safer if you can still get Covid and pass it on? This is a slippery slope. What if all jobs started requiring use to use condoms at home no mater what so that you want get an STD? I feel the same way about seat belt laws and helmet laws. Let me decide if I want to be safe or not as long as it doesn't affect someone else.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:30 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
What you are trying to say is that because people got the "vaccine" and still got COVID it is considered effective because they didn't end up in the Hospital or Die.

One has to wonder how the vaccine pushers can make statements defending its effectiveness without totally laughing at the insanity of where they have gone in their pretzel twisting to try and justify the agenda. Just look at what the Federal Government had to do...they had to change the definition of a vaccine.

It is generally accepted that the COVID "vaccines" can reduce the severity of symptoms in some people, and likely have helped many, especially among the older population. But that doesn't mean it is "effective". As you can still spread COVID and can still catch COVID if vaccinated...as we see in this article and time and time again.

Then trying to call this "effective" to the point where people want to force others to get a "vaccine" that has had no studies on the long-term effects is where the issue lies with many.
To be clear, my understanding from the article is we don't know their exact conditions as of now. And while there are no reports of severe cases, remember it generally takes a few days for severe cases to materialize and this just happened.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post

Of course it's effective. Most people who are in the hospital are the unvaccinated

Old 11-12-2021, 09:32 AM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
We've more than seen evidence of the vaccines working at this point. It's not debatable that they are effective. The story in the OP is just further proof of their effectiveness.
You have ZERO evidence.

The risk of hospitalization/dying is 1:202 or .49%

Those players were not old, fat or sick so their chances of mild covid were pretty high to begin with.

Actually this is evidence of the vaccines NOT working and so the great unwashed (unvaccinated) should be left alone.

Old 11-12-2021, 09:34 AM

I agree the players don't have a high chance of dying.

But they do run a risk of getting a bad case where they get long haul symptoms.

Goodness, it's not all about dying here

Old 11-12-2021, 09:36 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You have ZERO evidence.

The risk of hospitalization/dying is 1:202 or .49%

Those players were not old, fat or sick so their chances of mild covid were pretty high to begin with.

Actually this is evidence of the vaccines NOT working and so the great unwashed (unvaccinated) should be left alone.
He/she is trying to make an argument that the independent variable A-- Covid shots, prevented a dependent variable B--serious cases among kids/college crowd, when in fact variable B was almost non-existent prior to the introduction of variable A.

If that makes sense to any of you, or if any of that is "science", well then I need to renounce my PhD immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies