Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 10:03 AM

9,585 posts, read 9,894,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
I will not vote for democrats but I cannot vote for republicans anymore as well.
Doing nothing is worse.

And if you have no skin in the game, then you really have no right to complain.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:10 AM

18,575 posts, read 8,380,093 times
Quote:
I will not vote for democrats but I cannot vote for republicans anymore as well.
think of it as a choice of the lesser evil....one of them is going to win....pick the one you dislike the most...and vote "against" that

Old 11-18-2021, 10:13 AM

14,026 posts, read 5,672,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Doing nothing is worse.

And if you have no skin in the game, then you really have no right to complain.
I would agree that doing literally nothing might be worse, but if an individual takes individual actions that benefit/protect/defend themselves individually, that is infinitely more effective than voting for a red/blue sociopath could ever hope.

For example - my natural, individual right to keep and bear arms, which is an extension of my natural right of self-defense, property ownership and self-ownership. If I buy firearms and ammunition, and I take the time to train and be proficient with the weapons I possess, I have done vastly more to secure/defend/protect my natural rights than by voting. Physician, heal thyself.

As far as skin in the game goes...I never signed the social contract that the involuntary State and 99% of the sheep grazing in its meadows claim I am beholden to, and both the State and that 99% claim that contract gives them power over me. Thus, I am forced by the sheer act of being born to have skin in the game whether I want it or not. I didn't ask to be ruled by the involuntary state, yet they do indeed rule over me, and no matter what party runs things, the state is no more or less voluntary with that rule than had I stayed at home proudly hating all of them for their very existence. So please feel free to jam that skin in the game argument up your arse, as everyone ruled by the almighty state has skin in the game because at any time, the State can come skin them for no other reason than why not?

So I do "vote" but not for sociopaths who promise to be gentle with their tyranny. I "vote" for me, with my actions. Nobody will be more effective at securing, protecting and defending my natural rights than I will.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:13 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,076,688 times
Quote:
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.

The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.

The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.

I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.
How many times can you be told that you have no such right? So, you're abandoning the party that's protecting your actual rights because they won't "protect" your right that doesn't exist?

That's your logic?

Old 11-18-2021, 10:15 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,498,248 times
Nobody has the right to pollute the air I breathe with a deadly virus because they refuse the vaccine.

No president has the right to force a vaccine I don't want.

Where does this leave any of us?

Old 11-18-2021, 10:19 AM

14,026 posts, read 5,672,311 times
Back to the OP - if you want protection from this "deadly disease", why do you need a distant politician to exercise tyranny upon others in the feeble hope that it might indirectly protect you? YOU can get a vaccination. YOU can wear a mask, two masks or a full decon suit if YOU wish. YOU can self-isolate and stay away from others. YOU can socially distance. YOU can do all sorts of stuff that protects YOU.

And every last thing YOU do for YOURSELF will be faster, more effective, cheaper, and easier than waiting for a scumbag sociopath in Washington DC to do something.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:21 AM

1,018 posts, read 514,221 times
Quote:
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.

The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.

The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.

I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.

LOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA IM DEAD. Thanks for the laugh. Republicans are hypocritical? Democrats are forcing a vaccine mandate on U.S. citizens, causing thousands to lose their jobs. Yet, they say "my body my choice!" When it comes to abortion. Apparently it isn't "Your body your choice!" When it comes to a vaccine.

Old 11-18-2021, 10:26 AM

6,156 posts, read 2,917,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Nobody has the right to pollute the air I breathe with a deadly virus because they refuse the vaccine.
But, if you are vaccinated, why would you care? You would be protected, right?

And, your statement should read "Nobody has the right to pollute the air I breathe with a deadly virus except vaccinated people are spreading the virus just as much, if not more, than unvaccinated people. See Vermont."

Old 11-18-2021, 10:29 AM

2,988 posts, read 1,176,563 times
The OP was never in the GOP these type never worked!

Old 11-18-2021, 10:30 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,086,894 times
Viruses and diseases are a part of nature...were you this passionate about being "protected" beforehand? What is the threshold between COVID and other airborne ailments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.