Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 11:10 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,498,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
But, if you are vaccinated, why would you care? You would be protected, right?

And, your statement should read "Nobody has the right to pollute the air I breathe with a deadly virus except vaccinated people are spreading the virus just as much, if not more, than unvaccinated people. See Vermont."
And maybe that's happening because people refused to vaccinate??!!

The idiocy is everywhere.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:11 AM

11,087 posts, read 6,034,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.
Just to point out the obvious, the Republican party is not in power. The Dems are. More specifically, the marxists who are in control of the Democratic party are actually running the show.

You may have noticed that the marxist are not only not doing anything to protect citizens, they are actually actively harming citizens. Summer of love riots ring a bell? Refusal to prosecute or incarcerate violent criminals?

Quote:
When the rights of two people or groups are in conflict, the government is required to intervene. That is a primary purpose of government. I cannot support a party that ignores the rights of people in public. It is the governments duty to act when one person or group impacts the safety of another.
Again, it was the Democrats who failed to act when one group was impacting another (summer of love once again), even though the Repubs were in power at the time. The Dems were in power in the counties where the riots were taking place. It was the Dems who defunded the police.
Quote:
People have the RIGHT to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease when there are ways to minimize that risk.
Again, it's the Dems who will not allow effective, preventative medication from being available and used. Not to mention that the person responsible for the existence of this particular virus is a Dem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Nobody has the right to pollute the air I breathe with a deadly virus because they refuse the vaccine.
Needless to say, the covid vaxx has nothing to do with 'polluting the air'.

Actually, the vaxx increases the 'pollution' of the air with this virus. The vaxxed become super spreaders.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:12 AM

38,243 posts, read 22,292,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Deadly diseases are literally everywhere.
E-coli bacteria is probably all over your kitchen at home.
No one can fully protect you from all deadly diseases.

Covid-19 is not an excuse to hide in your home and not participate in the world.
It's also not an excuse to force vax mandates on people either.

Stop being fearful and live your life.
Especially when COVID for healthy Americans under 40, is akin to the seasonal flu. And for children COVID is benign, the flu and other childhood diseases are more of a concern.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:13 AM

1,154 posts, read 275,702 times
Quote:
It is not a helping issue, it is a RIGHTS issue. People have the RIGHT to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease when there are ways to minimize that risk. That is why we have speed limits, stop sign, and traffic signals.

Since the vaccinated spread covid just as readily as the unvaccinated, it's counterintuitive.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:16 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,316,047 times
Quote:
The Republican Party is refusing to protect the RIGHTS of people to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease.
Pretty obvious reading all these points that you are not now, nor ever have been a Republican. Rights of people are always in conflict. Republicans come down to protecting individuals against the excess of government. Democrats support the collective against the individual.

Quote:
The Republican Party does not do anything about massive mergers in industries like airlines and telecom which hurt the middle class.
Really? What did you pay for a long distance phone call in 1982? I can tell you, it was $2.05 A MINUTE, now if like many people you make long distance calls on your cell phone, it is virtually ZERO. Before the break up of AT&T by the Nixon DoJ no one could own a phone. You had to lease it from AT&T.

I could go through similar numbers on what a flight cost before deregulation. Before the pandemic, flights cost a fraction of what they did before that. They will be back down to those levels again.

Quote:
The Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to life. Putting someone to death is killing just like an abortion.
Now I know you are a Democrat in that you see no difference between killing an innocent, a baby; and carrying out an execution on someone who has committed heinous acts, so severe, as to be given a death sentence.

Quote:
I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.
I simply don't believe that.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:16 AM

38,243 posts, read 22,292,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't vote for parties... vote for people you trust.
Might have been good advice in the past, but now... just look at the US Congress, all the dems except for two, vote in lockstep with Pelosi and Schumer on 99% of every piece of legislation.

Sure, you can vote to elect "a good person," but they will bend the knee and vote for whatever Nancy tells them to vote for. A vote for 'a good Democrat," is a useless gesture, because Nancy is in control of their votes in congress.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:18 AM

40,978 posts, read 49,341,740 times
You've always been walking around and exposed to deadly diseases.

Don't trample on my rights.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:18 AM

23,297 posts, read 29,160,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The Republicans are a bunch of spineless weenies drinking from the same trough the Dems are. They give lip service to things that sound better to me than what the Dems are selling, but I don't know about those guys.
What we desperately need is a strong 2nd political party in this country. Gore Vidal nailed it back in the 70's: The U.S., essentially, having only one political party in this country. And, a strong 3rd or 4th political party would be a blessing also.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:23 AM

8,089 posts, read 10,120,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
THE GOVERNMENT. They put up the money for some distant lab in China to engineer that virus in the first place.

:
Quote:

I have not voted for Democrats in more years than I can count and I will not now, but I will probably just stay home. I am disgusted with the actions of both parties.
I included the first quote, and there are many others with a similarly startling demonstration of ignorance, just so you can see what America is up against.

And these people have a voice because the Republicans gave us "Donald" along with doing everything possible to dumb down the population by defunding schools as we know them. Want a practical example? Employers can't find employees except at the "do you want fries with that " level because people are too stupid to do the assembly line work at a high tech factory.

Regardless, i gave up worrying about Covid and the people who would put our nation at further risk without any thought to others. Second wave of Covid seems rampant and is just now getting to America. Next Virus will be even worse.

I gave up talking politics as well--is there any argument that Washington has, and continues to, fail the people in an incredibly selfish manner? Just think about Joe Mancin--willing to burn the world to the ground because he owns a coal mine that benefits him personally! And votes accordingly when it comes to legislation. Is that beyond ridiculous?

Religion? The "Christians" have turned into the most selfish, discriminating lot around. And to think that their mantra was "good and grace for all"...that is, except for the disabled, the gay, the choice group, the non-Christians... How can one even have a conversation with people whose minds are so broken?

No Politics, No Covid, No Environment (now when it is 50 years too late we can't even get a global agreement on pollution tallies!), and No Religion, OP. I feel so refreshed. It is wonderful no longer be worrying about things which people appear to not only not want to change, but are apparently very happy supporting the current ideals.

Sadly.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:31 AM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
LOLOLOLOL HAHAHAHAHA IM DEAD. Thanks for the laugh. Republicans are hypocritical? Democrats are forcing a vaccine mandate on U.S. citizens, causing thousands to lose their jobs. Yet, they say "my body my choice!" When it comes to abortion. Apparently it isn't "Your body your choice!" When it comes to a vaccine.
Stop being so brainwashed
Both sides are total hypocrites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies