Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 01:51 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,121,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Insults?

I believe in the RIGHTS of all people. I am not a "me" person.
You don't seem to believe in the RIGHTS of people who don't want the vaccine. You're a ME person, you're SCARED of catching this virus, so your position is TO HELL with people who don't want the vaccine.

Not to mention this is an issue for State governments to decide and the vaccines don't prevent transmission anyway. So what you propose won't work to save your butt.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:35 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Doing nothing is worse.

And if you have no skin in the game, then you really have no right to complain.

Well I disagree. Where's the logic in that? I mean if you all vote, and elect incompetent people, you all are responsible for what they do. You all caused the problem by voting them in, and you all have no right to complain. I, however, who did not vote, who will not vote, who in fact will not even get out of my pajamas on election day...am in no way responsible for what those people have done, or will do, and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you all voted for, that I had absolutely nothing to do with!

Old 11-19-2021, 04:47 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You don't seem to believe in the RIGHTS of people who don't want the vaccine. You're a ME person, you're SCARED of catching this virus, so your position is TO HELL with people who don't want the vaccine.

Not to mention this is an issue for State governments to decide and the vaccines don't prevent transmission anyway. So what you propose won't work to save your butt.
You have been misinformed.

In August, "unvaccinated people were 6.1 times more likely than fully vaccinated people to test positive for COVID-19 and 11.3 times more likely to die from it."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/95119

The stats vary by time and area. Texas Health Dept. released some astounding data the other day covering several months.

But in August, unvaccinated people were about 6 times more likely to contract Covid, and also at least 11 times more likely to die of it.

More people with higher viral loads means more transmission.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:03 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
When the rights of two people or groups are in conflict, the government is required to intervene. That is a primary purpose of government. I cannot support a party that ignores the rights of people in public. It is the governments duty to act when one person or group impacts the safety of another.
Nope. Try again.

If you are in fear for your safety, stay home. Freedom trumps ALL in this country.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:04 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,992,702 times
Quote:
It is not a helping issue, it is a RIGHTS issue. People have the RIGHT to circulate in public without being exposed to a deadly disease when there are ways to minimize that risk. That is why we have speed limits, stop sign, and traffic signals.
I spent all morning searching, but I'm not finding that particular clause in the Constitution. Can you direct me to it please?

Old 11-19-2021, 05:04 AM

24,682 posts, read 9,499,679 times
Republicans will continue to be the lesser of two evils, because they don’t base their prosperity on how much free crap and special treatment the government can give them.

As a black man, unless Democrats plan to give me reparations or a mansion for being black, they can kiss my butt with trying to bribe and pander me for votes and loyalty.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:06 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Roe v. Wade was passed under a Republican president, Nixon!
Abortion wasn’t “passed.” That’s the problem. It was a court ruling forced on every state. If it would have been a bill that was voted on then it may have had more support. I doubt it though because many people think they should have the right and many others consider it taking a life. How do you get around that?

It’s different with the court ruling on same sex marriage. It’s harmless and truly is up to individuals. I’ve noticed very few people are upset about that court ruling or actively trying to get it overturned. Abortion is different.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
I am becoming less and less a supporter of the Republican party every day.

I went through this years ago, but for real good reasons.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:54 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,121,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You have been misinformed.

In August, "unvaccinated people were 6.1 times more likely than fully vaccinated people to test positive for COVID-19 and 11.3 times more likely to die from it."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/95119

The stats vary by time and area. Texas Health Dept. released some astounding data the other day covering several months.

But in August, unvaccinated people were about 6 times more likely to contract Covid, and also at least 11 times more likely to die of it.

More people with higher viral loads means more transmission.
These results are garbage and a combination of how breakthrough cases are tracked and vaccinated individuals are subject to less testing.

Quote:
Estimated BNT162b2 effectiveness against any SARS-CoV-2 infection was negligible in the first 2 weeks after the first dose. It increased to 36.8% (95% confidence interval [CI], 33.2 to 40.2) in the third week after the first dose and reached its peak at 77.5% (95% CI, 76.4 to 78.6) in the first month after the second dose. Effectiveness declined gradually thereafter, with the decline accelerating after the fourth month to reach approximately 20% in months 5 through 7 after the second dose.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114114

This is for Pfizer. J&J is even worse, and Moderna only a bit better.

20% is basically worthless.

Old 11-19-2021, 06:20 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,738,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Whatever shortcoming the republican party has they are by far way better than the democratic party is these days.
Exactly this.

Republicans have generally been a bunch of timid, feckless do-nothing rollovers ceding everything to the far-left in drips for decades now that have led us to where we are today. But that completely changed with Trump and showed that the people are starving for fighters.

So bottom line is everyone should be voting AGAINST the democrats and making sure they can't do any more damage. If you're not crazy about the republican running then PRIMARY him or her.

I can't stress this enough, the upcoming midterm primaries are the most important vote you can cast right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies