Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2021, 02:36 PM

1,812 posts, read 901,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Civil suits by the victim’s families will now be filed. This won’t be the last day in court for cry baby Kyle.
Are you joking? The dead caused their own demise. They literally have no legs to stand on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 02:36 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
I respect the justice system but disagree with the decision. I am glad this trial is over but some are going to take away the message that it's alright for kids to bring guns to protests.

Old 11-19-2021, 02:37 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I am shocked at how much WRONG information is being passed around despite every moment of the night in question, and every moment of the trial, being available for review.
That's been going on ever since the mainstream media gave up their original purpose (presenting the truth) and started pushing a political agenda (no matter how many lies are required) instead.

And will continue until they return to their original mission.

I'm not holding my breath.

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
A green light for vigilantism. Just what we needed. Sigh.
Do you think people should just stand back and let violent mobs loot and/or destroy their homes and businesses, etc.? What makes you think people can't act to protect their own property?

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Civil suits by the victim’s families will now be filed. This won’t be the last day in court for cry baby Kyle.
As I posted before, depends on the law.

In Florida, a person cannot be sued for self defense.

What is the law in Wisconsin?

Old 11-19-2021, 02:38 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Biden just said something to the effect that many will be disappointed in the verdict, myself included ....

He should have left the "myself included" out of the statement. Very inappropriate.

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We should all want citizens to stand up against mob rule. Riotous mobs should have NO expectation that they won't be met with armed resistance. That's the lesson I hope is learned.

It's not wrong for people to try to stand up against a mob. Even if he is just a kid. Even if he did puff himself up a bit. He wanted to be a do gooder. Nothing wrong with wanting to do something. We should all want to do something.

I am glad he was there, trying to do something. I respect his motives even if that's where it ended. But of course that's not where it ended.

Kyle was being chased through a dark parking lot by a violent rioter during a riot. There was a guy running 10 feet behind him when he turned and fired. That was a deadly threat no matter what, and he had the right to defend himself.

After that event, Kyle was kicked in the face while laying in the street with several people coming at him during a riot. THAT IS A DEADLY THREAT and he had the right to defend himself. No matter what else happened.

No question in my mind and I am glad the video existed and that the trial was televised. The truth is out there if people want to watch it. I am shocked at how much WRONG information is being passed around despite every moment of the night in question, and every moment of the trial, being available for review.
All he did was make a bad situation worse, he didn't save anything. Vigilantism with guns is hardly the answer to riots, that is best left to professionals not some self appointed defender.

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
A green light for vigilantism. Just what we needed. Sigh.
Wrong. A green light to protect businesses from Antifa looters and arsonists.

Well done Kyle!

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Finally. After giving the green light to open rioting, at least now we know real Americans can defend themselves against it.

Old 11-19-2021, 02:39 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I respect the justice system but disagree with the decision. I am glad this trial is over but some are going to take this message that it's alright for kids to bring guns to protests.
Better that than people thinking it is alright to try to kill kids during rioting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies