Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 02:37 PM

1,941 posts, read 826,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Doctors hospitals getting paid/reimbursed by the provincial healthcare entities is EXACTLY what I stated in my post. What about that statement equates to the federal government "administrating" or running the various provinces healthcare services on a national scale?

The federal government reimbursing provinces and territories an amount from taxes garnered does not equate to the federal government dictating the various healthcare provisions set within those provinces territories.

Attempting to make the case that the various entities responsible for healthcare delivery in Canada are dictated the details of that delivery (other than the mandated minimum level of provisions) by the Fed. Gov. is categorically false.
Canada health care act dictates the principle of universality, the principle of comprehensiveness, the principle of accessibility, the principle of portability, and the principle of public administration, so they do have a great deal of control over the provinces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 02:43 PM

26,506 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I can easily understand why some Americans would be clutching their pearls over a voting decision taken by a 2000 member educational employee federation in a foreign country. Especially a foreign country they're noted for claiming to ignore as insignificant in all respects.

You really are a conflicted wee lot of fear mongers.
You support racists. Most Democrats support racists.

As a teacher I see the racism of Democrats being made systemic all the time.

As someone who opposes racism it matters to me.

The fact that you accept racism like most Democrats, it makes me confident in my new found opposition to national healthcare. When leftists creep systemic racism into a national healthcare system you will smugly accept it.

Old 11-20-2021, 03:50 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's time to get these people out of leadership positions. We only have ourselves to blame for letting it get to this point. It happened gradually as we were being distracted by our entertainment. Gradually these cultural Marxists have taken over everything.

I never see liberals come to these threads and justify why crap like this is correct, and yet they keep voting democrat. The conclusion I reach is that they agree with these things, but know they don't have the arguments to back it up, because these are feel good emotional positions. They know it's not equality to give a black person 4 votes for every white one.
i've noticed this consistent trend dozens of times.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:55 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,860,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
In the view of these Canadian teachers, the white vote should never exceed 50%. So if there are 20 people in a meeting, 16 white and 4 non-white, each POC vote will count as 4. Presto: equality.

https://twitter.com/jonkay/status/1461847160253779974
Which Canadian teachers? Is this a certain province or all of Canada? Also, which votes about what? Education is funded by the provinces and even then, individual school boards and even schools have a lot of latitude to make rules in their city or neighborhood. Is it just public schools or Catholic schools as well? Is it elementary schools or high schools? Where did this decision come from and do you have another source besides Twitter?

I still don’t understand what kind of voting teachers are doing where race would be known and play a role. But what do I know? I’m only an accredited teacher in Ontario.

I have a feeling that Twitter might not be the best source of information about the education system of a nation few of you know anything about.

Edit: I checked with the Ontario College of Teachers website and could not find anything related to the original post. This is what I could find regarding elections in school districts. No mention of race. It must be in a specific school board. Where do you guys find this crap?

https://professionallyspeaking.oct.c...lection-PS.asp

Edit #2: Doing some further digging, this seems to be a policy that is being introduced by one school board in one municipality in Canada. Also, the type of voting they are discussing is pretty specific and limited. Furthermore, the majority of the members voted in favor of this policy.

So, from that, we get a completely misleading thread title about a situation that affects no one on this message board.

Also, the reason I haven’t heard about this and was unable to find anything about it in publications from the OCT - I could only find information about it on links from that Twitter account - is because it seems to be mostly a non-issue. Those who disagree with the policy can continue to do so, but it was decided by a majority. Furthermore, Canada has its own problems with historical exclusion of non-white perspectives. This seems to be an attempt to bring some balance to this type of voting.

Still, I think this is a topic better suited for the Education forum, where actual teachers can discuss it. Then again, maybe not because this board has a majority-American user base who know little-to-nothing about Canada’s education system, Canada’s unique issues around race in education, and won’t be affected in any way since it is one school board in one Ontario municipality.

Do you guys just trawl the internet looking for anything “leftist” or “woke” to gripe about, even when it doesn’t affect you at all?

Last edited by TOkidd; 11-20-2021 at 06:24 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 06:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Which Canadian teachers?
These teachers.
Quote:
Is this a certain province or all of Canada?
Like the thread title says, this is a teachers' union in Ontario. Apparently they represent...

...close to 1,400 accredited secondary Teachers staffing the public high schools in the Halton Region. These seventeen high schools serve the communities of Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville.

Quote:
Also, which votes about what?
All votes in their meetings, I assume.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
These teachers.
Like the thread title says, this is a teachers' union in Ontario. Apparently they represent...

...close to 1,400 accredited secondary Teachers staffing the public high schools in the Halton Region. These seventeen high schools serve the communities of Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville.

All votes in their meetings, I assume.
Yes, it’s about votes at union meetings for this particular school board. Why do you care?

Old 11-20-2021, 06:27 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
Those who disagree with the policy can continue to do so, but it was decided by a majority.
A majority voted to partially disenfranchise certain people based on the color of their skin. In what world is this acceptable? If it had gone the other way -- if the majority had voted to reduce the value of the vote of each visible minority -- would you still be so sanguine about it?

True, I'm not a teacher in this particular Ontario district, so it does not affect me. Yet. But these horrible, blatantly racist policies have a tendency to spread, and they need to be stamped out right away, as soon as they appear.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
A majority voted to partially disenfranchise certain people based on the color of their skin. In what world is this acceptable? If it had gone the other way -- if the majority had voted to reduce the value of the vote of each visible minority -- would you still be so sanguine about it?

True, I'm not a teacher in this particular Ontario district, so it does not affect me. Yet. But these horrible, blatantly racist policies have a tendency to spread, and they need to be stamped out right away, as soon as they appear.
That is precisely what this vote was trying to correct - visible minorities having their concerns always stuck at the bottom. This particular school district is an extremely white and wealthy one where there has been a very large influx of people from other races. However, those instructors and their students were not having their needs addressed. Remember that the majority who voted on this were majority-white. They must have seen that there was a growing problem and voted accordingly.

Keep your culture wars to yourselves. Canadians school districts don’t want to be included in them.

Also, that majority voted to “partially disenfranchise” themselves. So there must have been reason for it.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
That is precisely what this vote was trying to correct - visible minorities having their concerns always stuck at the bottom. This particular school district is an extremely white and wealthy one where there has been a very large influx of people from other races. However, those instructors and their students were not having their needs addressed. Remember that the majority who voted on this were majority-white. They must have seen that there was a growing problem and voted accordingly.

Keep your culture wars to yourselves. Canadians school districts don’t want to be included in them.

Also, that majority voted to “partially disenfranchise” themselves. So there must have been reason for it.
as this topic demonstrates, you Canucks already took a deep nosedive into them with the racist move

Old 11-20-2021, 06:42 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:

No, what they're doing is self-loathing virtue signaling. If the majority white teachers were really all that concerned about the issues of the minorities, they (the white people) could have voted in accordance with their (minorities') desires on those issues. But instead, what they've done is marked themselves as less-than, as unequal and inferior. They've debased themselves on the altar of political correctness. Apparently, this particular Canadian school district does want to be included in the culture wars, by jumping on the "white = racist" bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies