Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:34 AM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times

Advertisements

Way to let speculators know there is a problem with the supply of oil. Great way to send the price of oil to the moon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 07:34 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Biden has us bent over a barrel with our trousers down... Nice he's nice enough to have the Vaseline waiting for any rando passerby's.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This is a good move by the President. It is even better because it is taken in concert with the major consuming nations of the world including CHINA. It is a testament to Biden's skills at diplomacy that he pulled this off.
Lol. Please expand on the high level diplomacy skills it took for Biden to do this. Which I disagree with BTW. There are more permanent solutions he could take but those would upset the left wing progressive base of the democrat party (which seems like most today).

Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I guess one quick way to lower gas prices, of course on a state by state basis, is to lower the gasoline tax each state imposes (and Federal gas taxes). These taxes are to pay for road improvement. Since the infrastructure bill has many billions for that very purpose, it seems logical that the gas tax may be lowered.

Yet, I doubt any state will do so.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:37 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Way to let speculators know there is a problem with the supply of oil. Great way to send the price of oil to the moon.
Exactly.. in the long run this does nothing and can actually backfire. Lol to those who say Biden has nothing to do with oil prices. He has a lot to do with speculator’s feelings.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:38 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
We recently had a thread, below, in which posters complained about President Biden not doing anything to lower the price of gasoline:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...n-gas-you.html

Now, I'm against releasing oil from the strategic petroleum reserve in these circumstances. I was against it when Mr. Trump authorized doing so:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/15/trum...i-attacks.html

Prices have been falling (hence I guess that thread died). West Texas crude is selling today for $76.67 per barrel. On November 9th, it was $84.15. Part of the fall in price may well be due to concerns of Mr. Biden doing exactly this: using the strategic petroleum reserve.

Yet, I do not look for, or expect, consistency from posters herein concerning what they demanded Mr. Biden do to lower the price of gas, and then complaining when he takes action to lower the price of gas.

Not familiar with the concepts of appropriate response, equal and opposite reactions, huh?

Current price of gas is bad

Not bad enough to use the strategic reserve just to try to help his dismal poll numbers.

CLUE:

It's not that he's not doing anything to lower the price of gas......

It that his policies are actively RAISING the price of gas.

Just like Democrats....... create a crisis and then try to take credit for "fixing" it.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:38 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
There’s not much Biden can do about high gasoline prices. A year and a half ago, oil prices went negative! Obviously that brought worldwide oil drilling to a halt. Now, oil companies are ramping up production as fast as they can, but demand is rising faster because of the economic recovery. So prices have gone up.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:41 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
[quote=Three Wolves In Snow;62370925

I hold Trump, Biden, and most governors at fault for this.

You will all notice that none of them suffered from their stupid decisions.[/QUOTE]

^^This. I could not believe when Trump was pressured into locking us down. That and his rush to have a vaccine put out with no longer term testing.

I like what Trump did for our economy, but I am ready for someone else. Hopefully DeSantis.

And Biden? He is a stooge for the Marxist overlords. He had the nerve to say that he was going to end Covid so that the uninformed would vote for him.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:42 AM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The whole point is that he wouldn’t even need to have to tap into the reserve in the first place if he didn’t spent the first 10 months of his administration killing this country’s oil production. We went from oil independent under Trump to oil dependent overnight under Biden.

He and his Democrat Party are idiots but then their voters are too for falling for their BS. Oil is still being produced and used all around the world except now we are paying much more for someone else’s oil (China, Russia, OPEC, etc.) and the environment isn’t any more saved.
Biden didn't kill the oil production, the pandemic did. Production slowed down because demand slowed down. Demand has returned, but production is slow to return, like everything else that slowed down during the pandemic.

I think it’s also important to note that “energy independence” doesn’t mean that we didn't import oil, gas, coal, whatever, from other countries. It just means that we exported more energy than we imported. I point this out because even when we were “energy independent,” we were still dependent on OPEC and their oil production, which would affect our oil/gas prices.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:44 AM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
^^This. I could not believe when Trump was pressured into locking us down. That and his rush to have a vaccine put out with no longer term testing.

I like what Trump did for our economy, but I am ready for someone else. Hopefully DeSantis.

And Biden? He is a stooge for the Marxist overlords. He had the nerve to say that he was going to end Covid so that the uninformed would vote for him.
When did Trump “lock us down?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies