Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2021, 09:29 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Sure I'll discuss long haul - and I have if you'd paid attention.

Every viral infection can cause some symptoms that last a while - the majority report fatigue.

You know who else is tired? Everyone.
No one follows Chuckity posts from the origin. By popping in and only continuing only to discuss the small death rate, it misses the more important point that the virus often damages the lungs, heart, and brain. Maybe it's 100x higher rate/concern? Like brain damage ("brain fog") https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...in-tissue.aspx Or lung scaring https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs . Or to a lesser degree, heart damage. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...-after-covid19

So it boils down to trade-offs and one's health/age. Statistically, if you can dodge the ICU (and the less than perfect vaccine helps), statically, you will have fewer long-term problems. Age certainly plays a big role in all of this. At age 56, I need to error on getting the vaccine more than a healthy 30-year-old. I don't like taking the vaccine any more than you do. It's all about the real-life trade-offs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 09:31 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
No one follows Chuckity posts from the origin. By popping in and only continuing only to discuss the small death rate, it misses the more important point that the virus often damages the lungs, heart, and brain. Maybe it's 100x higher rate/concern? Like brain damage ("brain fog") https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...in-tissue.aspx Or lung scaring https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...s-to-the-lungs . Or to a lesser degree, heart damage. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...-after-covid19

So it boils down to trade-offs and one's health/age. Statistically, if you can dodge the ICU (and the less than perfect vaccine helps), statically, you will have fewer long-term problems. Age certainly plays a big role in all of this. At age 56, I need to error on getting the vaccine more than a healthy 30-year-old. I don't like taking the vaccine any more than you do. It's all about the real-life trade-offs.
Actually, I probably like taking the vaccine less than you ... since I haven't taken it, nor will I.

Old 11-29-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
He's completely flip flopped and admitted to lying on multiple occasions
That's not being taken out of context

I agree he's a politician
And therefore has no credibility and that I was an idiot for ever taking him seriously

Overall if his goal is protecting the health of the public his approach is completely detrimental
I was talking about two very specific earlier posts. If Trump lied 35,000 times (which he is accused of) and someone quoted him out of context, someone should correct it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Saying that everyone walking the planet has lied. Now, who are you going to trust?

Old 11-29-2021, 09:40 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I was talking about two very specific earlier posts. If Trump lied 35,000 times (which he is accused of) and someone quoted him out of context, someone should correct it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Saying that everyone walking the planet has lied. Now, who are you going to trust?
Sure and if Fauci was lying by saying he was at a football game when he was cheating on his wife I wouldn't care

But he's a number #1 in his Cornell class medical expert
I should be able to trust him on medical advice

Trump is a career con man and pathological liar but I wasn't trying to get medical advice from him

Old 11-29-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Sure and if Fauci was lying by saying he was at a football game when he was cheating on his wife I wouldn't care

But he's a number #1 in his Cornell class medical expert
I should be able to trust him on medical advice

Trump is a career con man and pathological liar but I wasn't trying to get medical advice from him
I'm not disagreeing. Soooooo.... Who are you going to believe? As I said before, Fauci never met a camera he didn't like. And he oversimplifies the topic. And caves to politics. But generally, I consider him to be a good source. YMMV.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:24 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times
Quote:
So you legitimately believe that China, a country of over 1.4 billion, has had less than 100,000 cases and only 4,600 deaths - but you don't believe that the CDC says there are about 900,000 American deaths in a country of 330 million?

Okay then. That's some willful ignorance right there.
Either China is lying (or doesn't actually know) or they have a cure/treatment which they're withholding.

Is there another option?

Old 11-29-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Either China is lying (or doesn't actually know) or they have a cure/treatment which they're withholding.

Is there another option?
Another option based in reality?

No. No there's not.

Old 11-29-2021, 12:17 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
So you legitimately believe that China, a country of over 1.4 billion, has had less than 100,000 cases and only 4,600 deaths - but you don't believe that the CDC says there are about 900,000 American deaths in a country of 330 million?

Okay then. That's some willful ignorance right there.
I believe the country that took strong and obvious measures to contain COVID had far fewer deaths than the country that does barely enough to keep the hospital system from collapsing.

I mean, you literally said you just don't believe information from China because "it's China", and just ignore any other country with few COVID deaths, that's as willfully ignorant as someone can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That is the biggest single thing you can do, get your immune system as sound as possible. My Dr. got covid during the initial outbreak in Kirkland, WA at the beginning of covid and told me that the absolutely best thing you can do is work on making your immune system as strong as possible, that is still great advice.

The people drunk on vaxx koolaid think the vax is the end all be all and they are dead wrong.... just ask Colin Powell.
The best thing you can do to boost your immune system is vaccinate lol.

Old 11-29-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
I believe the country that took strong and obvious measures to contain COVID had far fewer deaths than the country that does barely enough to keep the hospital system from collapsing.

I mean, you literally said you just don't believe information from China because "it's China", and just ignore any other country with few COVID deaths, that's as willfully ignorant as someone can be.

The best thing you can do to boost your immune system is vaccinate lol.
1.4 billion people and less than 100,000 cases. Sure Jan.

And our hospital system is near collapse? Details please.

Old 11-29-2021, 12:32 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
1.4 billion people and less than 100,000 cases. Sure Jan.

And our hospital system is near collapse? Details please.
Authoritarian government works better than a broken democracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies