Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 10:25 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
If viruses grew stronger we would have all been killed by super viruses already.
For the most part, this virus cannot mutate into anything significantly more or less lethal without becoming a "new" virus all-together.

Pathogenicity of this virus is all tied to one protein, the Spike. This protein allows it to infect some of our cells, but not others, which allows it to cause an imbalance in the RAAS pathway. People who die from this virus seem to almost develop a hypo-allergic response (cytokine storm, MCAS) in their lungs between day 6-10.

Too many changes on the Spike won't allow it to use ACE2, and it becomes a different virus, if a virus at all (it may just fail to enter our cells with too many changes).

This virus can become better at infecting us, and giving us a form of immunity so we're less likely to develop MCAS on future challenges.

So it's not really the variant becoming less lethal, it's more like the variant becomes more infectious, and we get exposure and tolerance. We adapt to this virus.

This is what happened with the Spanish Flu. It burned through the population, it killed who it was going to kill, and the rest developed a form of immunity, so on subsequent infections it was more mild. Spanish Flu lineages still circulate today, and they cause mild Flu in us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2021, 10:29 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
To what end though?

...Just so lots of people go out and get the vaccine? What is in this vaccine that they want people to get it so bad?

Seems like if this was all a big hoax, they could come up with something much better or a more effective deception...there are still quite a few people that will never get the vaccine, (that means the efforts to deceive them have not worked).
I'll take the bait. To what end you say? Perhaps the end game is the eventual forced vaccination of every man/woman/child on this planet. And if they continue to act as if each mutation is worse than the last, it allows them to ramp up restrictions more and more. Eventually, we could see a world where people are forbidden to engage in commerce unless they have been vaccinated. This would leave all those who do not wish to be vaccinated without means to support themselves or their families. Most would get the shot rather than subject their children to such deprivation. However, there would still be those who resist. So then the government might have to take things a step further, establishing camps where the unvaccinated are forced to live. Those who refuse to be imprisoned will be living as fugitives, running from authorities. As for what could be in the vaccine, that's honestly anyone's guess. Could be absolutely nothing strange about it, although there are many reports of strange substances found in samples of the vaccines. Could be you are being injected with substances which will require that you must rely on government shots in perpetuity if you wish to stay healthy. That would be a damn good way to keep a population under control wouldn't you agree? Of course, all of these ideas I have put forth are nothing more than conspiracy theories at this point. But you asked the questions so I felt obliged to give some possible answers. With so few real answers and so many unanswered questions, whispers of ulterior motives for mandatory vaccination against this virus were bound to appear. I only wish there were some way that we could all know the absolute truth where the virus and the vaccines are concerned. Sadly, I doubt we will ever know the whole story.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:32 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I'll take the bait. To what end you say? Perhaps the end game is the eventual forced vaccination of every man/woman/child on this planet. And if they continue to act as if each mutation is worse than the last, it allows them to ramp up restrictions more and more. Eventually, we could see a world where people are forbidden to engage in commerce unless they have been vaccinated. This would leave all those who do not wish to be vaccinated without means to support themselves or their families. Most would get the shot rather than subject their children to such deprivation. However, there would still be those who resist. So then the government might have to take things a step further, establishing camps where the unvaccinated are forced to live. Those who refuse to be imprisoned will be living as fugitives, running from authorities. As for what could be in the vaccine, that's honestly anyone's guess. Could be absolutely nothing strange about it, although there are many reports of strange substances found in samples of the vaccines. Could be you are being injected with substances which will require that you must rely on government shots in perpetuity if you wish to stay healthy. That would be a damn good way to keep a population under control wouldn't you agree? Of course, all of these ideas I have put forth are nothing more than conspiracy theories at this point. But you asked the questions so I felt obliged to give some possible answers. With so few real answers and so many unanswered questions, whispers of ulterior motives for mandatory vaccination against this virus were bound to appear. I only wish there were some way that we could all know the absolute truth where the virus and the vaccines are concerned. Sadly, I doubt we will ever know the whole story.
We have entered a 'new normal', where the government gets to decide our medical decisions and ties our freedoms to our vaccine passports (and more will be added to it).

We let it happen. We stood watch, while it was 2 weeks to stop to the spread, to you're locked down like a dog but we will give you your rights back if you get this injection.

As a generation, we failed.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:19 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I read that those who had this had mild symptoms.
That is what the Dr. that reported the Omicron variant to the WHO said, she called it an extremely low symptomatic version of covid from what she can see. I looked at South Africa's covid numbers and the infections were down yesterday and deaths from covid were 30 times less than they were last January.

Someone is profiting from creating a panic.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:31 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
To what end though?

...Just so lots of people go out and get the vaccine? What is in this vaccine that they want people to get it so bad?

Seems like if this was all a big hoax, they could come up with something much better or a more effective deception...there are still quite a few people that will never get the vaccine, (that means the efforts to deceive them have not worked).

If it was as serious a virus as it's been made out to be, (and the vaccines actually worked as advertised) people would be clamoring for the vaccines.

There wouldn't be any need to pressure, coax, bribe or threaten anyone with getting fired.

There would be no such thing as an "anti-vaxxer".

Old 11-29-2021, 03:14 AM

2,047 posts, read 856,525 times
It’s the mutations you need to think about here. Theses mutations are not possible in nature, not like this… It’s likely another man made engineered version. This variant will likely be mild, the next, will not. They’re setting this up for a left jab and right hook to the kisser that will change humanity as we know it.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:11 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Uh, variants can and do sometimes mutate to deadlier forms. Let's hope this is not the case for this one.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:20 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That is what the Dr. that reported the Omicron variant to the WHO said, she called it an extremely low symptomatic version of covid from what she can see. I looked at South Africa's covid numbers and the infections were down yesterday and deaths from covid were 30 times less than they were last January.
I saw same stuff about it giving milder symptoms but spreading more easily. Maybe it's positive, a variant that doesn't make as many people seriously ill but spreading fast enough to push other variants out like Delta did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Someone is profiting from creating a panic.
Who? Vaccine makers already have more business than they can keep up with, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of this slowing down with orders well into 2022. It's actually easier to come up with people who lose money with new hyper and fear.

Governments made kneejerk decisions, targeting flight bans don't accomplish anything. If I was in South Africa and had a vacation planned to USA I'd just fly to Nairobi or Cairo instead then catch a flight to USA.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:22 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We have entered a 'new normal', where the government gets to decide our medical decisions and ties our freedoms to our vaccine passports (and more will be added to it).
Yep, we finally had a pandemic serious enough where the burros among us needed to be forced to make the correct decision.

Old 11-29-2021, 04:27 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Uh, variants can and do sometimes mutate to deadlier forms. Let's hope this is not the case for this one.
Didn’t Delta mutate deadlier and more contagious from the original Covid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies