Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 07:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
The statement made by the SC is applicable to all elections.

When acts of corruption infect a federal electoral process [or a local election] in one state “they transcend mere local concern and extend a contaminating influence into the national domain” ___ Justice DOUGLAS in United States v. Classic (1941).

The un-American notion of allowing foreigners to vote in local elections which effects local public policy can have a devastating effect beyond that local jurisdiction and affect the lives of American citizens in surrounding communities and States.

Consider the consequences, including deaths, suffered by American citizens in surrounding jurisdictions related to local public polices in sanctuary cities where illegal entrants are allowed to roam free.

Allowing 800,000 foreign nationals to vote in NYC’s election is more than enough of a vote to determine the outcome of NYC’s next election and would, in fact, infringe upon the suffrage right of NYC citizens by diluting and canceling out their vote. This of course has been pointed out by our very own Supreme Court:

“[T]he right of suffrage can be denied by a debasement or dilution of the weight of a citizen’s vote just as effectively as by wholly prohibiting the free exercise of the franchise.” Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U. S. 533, 555 (1964).”

Keep in mind in NYC’s last election, Eric Adams won the Mayoral election with a total of 754,000 votes, which is less than the 800,000 foreigners being allowed to now vote in NYC.

Why do so many object to noncitizens having to earn the right to vote in our elections [federal, state and local] by passing our nation's naturalization process which includes passing its Civics Test and taking our Naturalization Oath of Allegiance?

JWK

I believe you're making a large assumption there. At least one, in fact.

Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 11:37 AM

3,409 posts, read 1,445,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Carry on.
Well, it seems quite clear, you really had nothing of value to say with respect to what I posted.

JWK

Old 01-14-2022, 12:26 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Well, it seems quite clear, you really had nothing of value to say with respect to what I posted.

JWK

As I said, I think you're making some large assumptions. If you don't feel that has "value", I really couldn't care less.

Have a great weekend, John!

Old 01-14-2022, 12:37 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
See NYC Is About To Let 800K Noncitizen Immigrants Vote In Its Elections

It is both shameful and stunning that the New York City Democrat Party Leadership has decided to allow foreign nationals to compete at the ballot box with New York City citizens. Now tell me the Democrat Party Leadership has the best interests of New York City citizens in mind.

You just can’t make this crap up. The Democrat Party Leadership, once an advocate for hard working American citizens and their families, has now GONE MAD

JWK
Can I live in another state, and visit NYC for 31 days, and then vote in their elections?

The Communist Chinese gov't should send 100,000 party hacks to NYC, to vote in their elections, to destroy that city. Then go back to china, rinse, repeat.

Old 01-14-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Can I live in another state, and visit NYC for 31 days, and then vote in their elections?
Not only can you do that, but you can also finance your stay in NYC (Manhattan) with armed robbery.

Under Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg's new policy, if you get caught your charges will be dropped a meaningless misdemeanor, you will receive a Desk Appearance Ticket, and be free to go about the business of armed robbery.

JWK

Old 06-28-2022, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

Carry on.
Well, as it turns out, the NYC non-citizen voting law is struck down as being unconstitutional.

See: Judge throws out NYC law allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections

A New York City law allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections was struck down Monday by a judge who said it violated both the state constitution and various provisions of state law.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:36 PM

In regard to the NYC non-citizen voting law being struck down by the court:

"Mayor Eric Adams’ office did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.

An appeal is expected."
SOURCE

Old 07-02-2022, 05:52 PM

Default Murad Awawdeh will continue to fight for foreign nationals to vote in city elections!

Now this is very telling!

Murad Awawdeh, executive director of New York Immigration Coalition said, "We refuse to allow today's verdict to further the disenfranchisement of Black and brown communities in New York City," he added." SOURCE

Now wait a second Murad Awawdeh, did you forget that Black citizens challenged the law?

See: PILF SUES NYC BOARD OF ELECTIONS OVER LAW ALLOWING FOREIGN CITIZENS TO VOTE

"Lawsuit alleges foreign citizens voting violates the Fifteenth Amendment and that the law was passed with an illegal racial intent to hurt the power of black voters and change the racial composition of the New York City electorate."

Why does Murad Awawden want to dilute the Black Citizen's vote in NYC by allowing over 400,000 foreign nationals the right to vote which would tip the scale in favor of foreign nationals?

Stop trying to flim-flam New York City's Black Citizen voters Awawden! Rub your non-citizen voting crap on your chest.

The bottom line is, NYC's Democrat Party Leadership no longer represents the interests of NYC's Black citizen voters. This is a wakeup call to consider switching political party.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies