Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 02:02 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yet no other group is as politicized as Blacks, did you notice?
The U.S. has been obsessed with “Blacks” since the first Africans were brought over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
True, but I would still say India, and China has more successful Indian/Chinese people but theirs over 30x more people. I would also say Nigeria has a similar amount of successful people if you define it as wealthy and it’s debatable if you’d define it as middle class. But theirs 5 times as many Nigerians as African Americans.
Very true but I believe people say this due to the population sizes. The majority of Indian-Americans are successful here but India does have more successful Indians by sheer number. Same for the other groups.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:11 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not true. There's plenty of people in America who came or come from other rich countries that could do better there, than in America. Canadians, Japanese, Koreans, Germans, Norwegians, UAE, Qatar, etc.

We blacks, are not one of them. The closest thing to a "Black America" doesn't exist outside of America.

We African Americans made out like bandits based on pure chance of what boat our ancestors boarded.
All of them earn less in their home countries. Japan and Korea are developed countries but they have low incomes compared to America. Qatari Americans by and large don’t exist and do not come in large numbers. Canadians earn more in the U.S than Canada, and increased earning potential is one of the reasons they leave Canada.

Norwegian Americans- 80,000 USD
Norwegians- 65,000 USD

Canadian Americans- 77,000 USD
Canadians- 60,000 USD

Japanese American- 85,000 USD
Japanese- 45,000 USD

Korean American-77,000 USD
Korean- 43,000 USD

Theirs a reason why very little Norwegian, Canadian, Qatari and Japanese people move here today but a significant portion of Koreans still do. It’s not necessarily they can’t earn more in the U.S but it’s close enough to not make such a drastic lifestyle change.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Obama got t where he was because of AA, yes, he could have gotten into a state college or Jr. College with the same qualifications were he white or Asian but not Harvard. Had I been black with the same qualifications, I would have gotten into Harvard (I probably would have chosen Stanford).

Either you're entirely ignorant of how Affirmative Action has advanced people with lower qualifications or not being forthright.

I would be more impressed with Obama if he had invented the internet like Algore did.
Obama attended Harvard LAW, not undergrad. He entered Occidental College for undergrad and then transferred to Columbia University.

And if you are going to argue that he was unqualified for Harvard Law, then you’ll have to explain how he graduated magna cum laude. Most law school examinations are anonymous.

You all are so hateful that you insist on spreading lies.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That sounds impressive for sure but Obama didn't need that high of a score to get into Harvard.

In my son's HS, his friend had a 4.00, perfect 1600 SAT, and was Valedictorian and another black student had almost as high SAT and grades and his friend did not get into any top univrsity while the black student was admitted to every university, he submitted to including Stanford and Harvard. That's just the way it is.
Because Obama never attended Harvard for undergrad. Again, why do you continue to spread lies?

Sorry about your son’s friend but you don’t have all the information. Perhaps the Black student wrote better or had other impressive qualities. You seem to think that your son’s friend is entitled to be selected.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:31 AM

24,681 posts, read 9,499,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
All of them earn less in their home countries.
Success is not defined by your income. It's defined by your quality of life i.e. free healthcare, free education, social services, low inequality, etc.

America is only #16 in the quality of life index. https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp

Countries like Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand etc. all beat it which means Americans from those countries could technically be more successful and happy there.

I'm black, there is no "black utopia" for me to go to. America is the black utopia destination. The only one on planet earth.

Last edited by Rocko20; 12-01-2021 at 02:40 AM..

Old 12-01-2021, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The racial gap in SAT scores is more extreme than most people realize. In 2020, 62% of Asians scored above 600 on the SAT math, whereas only 7% of blacks did the same.

Math skills are what's required for many lucrative jobs in the United States.
So you quoted his example about a Hispanic girl and responded with info about Black people vs. Asians. So your obsession is just with black people. It’s fine with you if Hispanics with lower scores are selected.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Success is not defined by your income. It's defined by your quality of life i.e. free healthcare,
free education, social services, low inequality, etc.

America is only #16 in the quality of life index. https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-li...by_country.jsp

Countries like Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand etc. all beat it which means Americans from those countries could technically be more successful and happy there.

I'm black, there is no "black utopia" for me to go to. America is the black utopia destination. The only one on planet earth.
That’s good for you. For other black people, the U.S. is not that utopia. They can have a better quality of life in say, the Cayman Islands or Bermuda.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:07 AM

30,471 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The racial gap in SAT scores is more extreme than most people realize. In 2020, 62% of Asians scored above 600 on the SAT math, whereas only 7% of blacks did the same.

Math skills are what's required for many lucrative jobs in the United States.
Yep, and that's exactly why we see Asians making more than whites or blacks in America because they develop the skills needed for these types of jobs. Blacks that score high in math will be given more opportunities for education and jobs than whites and especially Asians.

Whether this skill is IQ related and/or development through study is something to debate. I'm pretty sure it starts with the aptitude has to be there first and then study is needed to develop it.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:22 AM

20,128 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
That’s good for you. For other black people, the U.S. is not that utopia. They can have a better quality of life in say, the Cayman Islands or Bermuda.
Then they should strive to immigrate there. The truth is though, despite what the media and certain politically motivated individuals will tell you, being black in America is better than being black in almost anywhere else in the world. The world has an anti-black bias which is much more profound than found in the Western Hemisphere, including its English-speaking nations. In America itself the opportunities available to the average black person simply are not matched elsewhere, as is true of any other race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies