Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 11:41 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
With my bank you can set your Daily withdrawal limit up to $15K. I'm sure it took several transactions to get all that cash, they probably cleared out the machine they used. My guess is they used a stand alone machine like you find at a gas station or convenience store.
Interesting. Never heard of that before. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 12:20 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
They are charged with unintended manslaughter which is the lowest charge can give someone. I agree the parents are stupid not defending their actions they didn't intend to allow him to take the gun to school. Should guns be locked up yes of course but many families don't lock them up. I think there should be laws about locking guns up. I also believe there should be some sort of minimum training before you can buy a firearm. Those common sense ideas are far too radical for 2A supporters to even talk about.
Because it is a right. One does not need minimal training to vote. What qualifications apply to the other rights to use them also apply to the 2nd amendment.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:28 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
In the past courts have determined that people have no responsibility to intervene. This is true of the police as well. This is a change. They are expecting the parents to do more than the police are expected to do.

I do not side with the parents, but I do notice the inconsistency. The parents failed their son and enabled the murders of children.
The parents had WAY more specific and articulable knowledge about their child. They also took him with to purchase a gun, took him shooting, and failed to secure that gun. And they knew their child better than anyone else. It’s incredibly outrageous negligence, and it does 100% warrant criminal charges. I don’t understand how you could compare them to the police or as others have, to the school. Not to say the school might not be liable to the victims’ families but it just isn’t on the same level as the parents. When these scumbags get caught, the court is going to throw the book at them and I hope they do some serious time.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:42 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
They've been caught.

Quote:
The couple was caught by the Detroit Police Department when a business owner called 911 after spotting the suspects' car in their parking lot and Jennifer Crumbley standing next to it, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. She fled the area on foot, but the couple was located in a commercial building after an extensive search of the area. They were taken into custody "without incident," Detroit Police Chief James White said at a 3 a.m. press conference, and were unarmed.

White said the duo was "aided in getting into the building" and some charges might be filed against the person who let them inside. He also said it was "very likely" they were trying to flee to Canada.
Authorities arrest parents charged in Michigan school shooting after hourslong manhunt

Fox says they were found in the basement of the building. There was a press conference that i missed by the Detriot PD.

Quote:
The couple was unarmed and were taken into custody without incident, the chief said. They are likely to face further charges.

“This isn’t indicative of turning yourself in, hiding in a warehouse,” White told reporters of the couple who skipped out on their arraignment on involuntary manslaughter charges Friday afternoon.

A third person who White said may have assisted the couple in getting into the building to hide is also being looked at by investigators. The Crumbleys didn’t break into the building, they were let inside by that person, the chief told reporters.
Parents of Michigan shooting suspect nabbed in Detroit after frantic search: LIVE UPDATES

I feel bad for the 18 year old son of he father down in Florida. His dad was a fugitive from the law.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 12-04-2021 at 01:56 AM..

Old 12-04-2021, 03:11 AM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Since when can you withdraw $4000 from an ATM?
Since forever. All you have to do is call your bank and remove the ATM limit.

Old 12-04-2021, 04:10 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Thread Title: Multiple injuries reported after Michigan high school shooting; suspect in custody

Columbine. Virginia Tech. Santa Fe. Sandy Hook. Parkland. And on and on...... Are we as a society accepting this as routine?

Of course, since this thread was started, we know 4 more young people--- living their lives and looking forward to their futures--- have been murdered, and some remain seriously injured--- perhaps for life. Not to mention the hundreds of other students who have been traumatized. School shootings like this are almost uniquely American, as are all the other senseless gun deaths and gun terror on our streets and in our homes. I fear we are becoming accustomed to something that one should never normalize or excuse or dismiss, no matter where or when gun death happens.

Are "we the people" actually saying, too bad, that's the price of freedom?
Is no atrocity enough to produce change in this nation sickly consumed and cursed by its fetish with guns?

Last edited by corpgypsy; 12-04-2021 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction

Old 12-04-2021, 05:06 AM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
There was a press conference that i missed by the Detriot PD.
I think there is what you missed:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nhunt-rcna7599
also watch the interview/statement from the Oakland County Sheriff.

They stopped communication with their attorney.
Apparently, they walked into a bank to withdraw the $4000 but it seems that this info is not confirmed, yet.

Last edited by elnina; 12-04-2021 at 05:25 AM..

Old 12-04-2021, 05:38 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Before anyone starts on mental health ...

Republicans never propose, nor do they willingly fund, national mental health programs. It is not in their bailiwick.

'Mental health' is used as an excuse for, not a reason for gun violence. If it were not so they would surely make proposals on how to help with the issue. They do nothing.
"Republicans never propose, nor do they willingly fund, national mental health programs. It is not in their bailiwick."

Dems NEVER take RESPONSIBILITY for their OWN ACTIONS and ALWAYS try to blame the repubs.

The DEMS run ALL 3 BRANCHES of the fed government NOT the repubs.

How many TRILLIONS of of dollars are in the dems new laws to address YOUR concern?

I believe this is a state issue, though

Why haven't DEM run states done anything?

Michigan and Chicago is Run by DEMS across the board, as are MOST of the cities with big gun violence.

"They do nothing"

But keep trying to blame the repubs and YOUR problem will NEVER be solved!

Old 12-04-2021, 05:49 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
There is also a compulsory attendance problem that has existed for half a century, which not only forces kids to be jammed together against their will, but also requires schools to be built like prisons, where the goal is to keep people in and make sure they cannot escape.

Add that to your correctly identified "mental health decline compounded by social media" causation, and it is fertile ground for this kind of thing, regardlesThere is also a compulsory attendance problem that has existed for half a century, which not only forces kids to be jammed together against their will,s of the 20,000+ gun laws on the books.
"There is also a compulsory attendance problem that has existed for half a century, which not only forces kids to be jammed together against their will,"

What in the world are you blabbing about now?

"There is also a compulsory attendance problem"

So, you don't think kids should be made to go to school?

Catholic schools usually OUT perform the majority of public schools.

We NEVER had less then 30 in a class.

Your "claim" holds NO water!

Old 12-04-2021, 06:22 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Because it is a right. One does not need minimal training to vote. What qualifications apply to the other rights to use them also apply to the 2nd amendment.
I think that is a bad analogy. Voting cannot cause death, whereas use of a gun can. Like driving requires training, or at least a test, to be sure one knows how to drive and understands the rules of the road so as to not kill other drivers. Wouldn't hurt to require gun purchasers to take a basic class or test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies