Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 07:02 AM

1,439 posts, read 770,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You forgot one. The ultimate bully in recent years was Trump himself.
Nailed it on the first reply.

The opening post of this thread is a classic example of "accuse them of what you do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 07:02 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Trump spoke bluntly, but words alone aren't bullying (at least when it comes to adults). The Obama administration used the IRS to target conservatives. That's bullying. Anti-trumpers harass citizens and politicians while they're having dinner with their families in a restaurant. That's bullying. Biden is attempting to force people to be vaccinated or lose their livelihoods. That's bullying. Coffee shops refusing to serve police officers. That's bullying. Black only safe spaces at universities. That's bullying. I could go on, but the fact of the matter is that the Left owns bullying. To believe otherwise is indicative of one having one's cranium inserted into one's posterior.
To be fair, you have to look at your own side too. Nobody is perfect, you know. Not even the righties.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:09 AM

29,611 posts, read 14,753,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You forgot one. The ultimate bully in recent years was Trump himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Nailed it on the first reply.

The opening post of this thread is a classic example of "accuse them of what you do."
That is funny. Trump maybe have been as *******, but the protests and riots started before he was even sworn in. And then it just kept going for four years. Sorry, the leftists are everything they blame others to be.

The other side isn't perfect either, no one is.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:11 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,572,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
You’re part of the problem. For four years Trump and his family was bullied by the media, the democrats and anyone else that stepped up. Then you cry about Trump being a bully?? Seriously unbelievable.
It is the problem... conservatives will not bully. They take the higher road.

Someday.. that is going to change and I will feel bad for the liberals.. for a second.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:11 AM

628 posts, read 287,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The students at Arizona State University pitched multiple tantrums because Kyle Rittenhouse was signed up for one online only non-credit course. They demanded he be banned from the University—and Kyle and ASU capitulated. This is a good example of bullies pretending to be victims so they can get their way.
Yes, the students did have tantrums and Kyle may have capitulated but ASU states they took no action against him and stated he would be able to apply at any time he chooses. They stated it would be that way even if he had gotten a guilty verdict as they ask no questions of that kind on their application.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:12 AM

29,611 posts, read 14,753,693 times
Quote:
We have become a nation of bullies...bullies and victims. And I’m sorry to say that the bullies are winning.

A bully, according to Google, is “a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable.”

Here are some examples:

Joe Biden, Andrew Cuomo, and Gavin Newsom and those under them are bullying anyone who doesn’t want to get the Covid jab. They want to use the full force of the government to crush anyone who doesn’t comply. Refuse the jab and you will lose your job and be banned from participating in society. (Of course it’s even worse in Austria and Australia).

The students at Arizona State University pitched multiple tantrums because Kyle Rittenhouse was signed up for one online only non-credit course. They demanded he be banned from the University—and Kyle and ASU capitulated. This is a good example of bullies pretending to be victims so they can get their way.

LeBron James—getting hecklers removed by security.

BLM: perhaps the ultimate example of bullying:

“If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation,” Hawk Newsome said during an interview Wednesday evening on “The Story” with Martha MacCallum.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....is-system/amp/

Then there’s Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Not only has Meghan been accused of bullying her staff, which despite her denials is under official investigation, but also Harry and Meghan have bullied and threatened The Queen and the Royal Family, with sit down tell all interviews, feeding information to biographers, and even writing tell all books themselves. It’s interesting to me because Harry and Meghan, who have little to no power in the UK, are using media platforms to bully their family members, who cannot or choose not to respond.

Most troubling to me is that all of these bullies seem to be getting away with the intimidation, threats, tantrums and abuse. These are just a few examples, but it’s a definite pattern. Heck, the Democrats in Congress and the whole US Media bullied President Trump for 4 years. One of the biggest lies was that Trump was abusive through Twitter. Trump just gave back to the bullies what they gave to him first and of course, they didn’t like that very much. Bullies never do.

Did this arise from the “zero tolerance” policies in schools? Did we all just lose our cajones with the rise of social media? Why are we letting the bullies get away with it? What happened to live and let live?
You should add the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings to your list. Another classic example from the leftists.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:19 AM

1,952 posts, read 833,994 times
Again...Trump might be a "bully" but he is NOT winning!

Old 12-01-2021, 07:36 AM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
That's the narrative, certainly, but other than mean tweets and insults, actual "bullying" is scarce.

Want to see an example of real bullying? Five months of riots supported by the Democrat Party, where ordinary citizens were assaulted, murdered, had their livelihoods and neighborhoods destroyed by mobs of people claiming to act on behalf of victims of police shootings. Again, supported by the Democrat Party and it's media lackeys.
nailed it.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:37 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,092,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicipher View Post
This thread went south from the word "go" and immediately got into the Red team/Blue team nonsense, which is quite unfortunate.

There are bullies everywhere and trying to pigeonhole a conversation into the examples the OP uses is just a disingenuous, one sided argument.
I agree with you about the red/blue point. However, why don’t you discuss what I wrote? I came up with examples that struck me from recent events— that doesn’t mean I “pigeonholed” the conversation. You can add your own, or respond to my examples. Coming up with “but Trump” is just weak.

The main thing that this thread has shown me is how obsessed liberals are with Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When your OP is so disingenuous as to mention "bullies" only of the Democratic/liberal persuasion, you get what you so richly deserve.
Wow. This comment is a very good example of what I’m talking about. You don’t debate the points, you just want me to be shut down, intimidated, slammed, etc. and then say I “deserve it.” Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You should add the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings to your list. Another classic example from the leftists.
Yes, I had thought of that but didn’t mention it. Good point.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:40 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,350,589 times
Quote:
This comment is a good example of what I’m talking about. You don’t debate the points, you just want to me to be shut down, intimidated, slammed, etc. and then say I “deserve it.”
That's because your "points" are bogus. But go on being misleading and perfidious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies