Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 07:45 AM

984 posts, read 443,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m so sorry for your loss…..
I’ve known two people who’ve had and still have serious long Covid problems. One with brain damage, one with permanent lung damage.

I haven’t know ANYONE that has had serious vaccine problems, as I stated in my post upthread.
But im reading a few like Floorist here who have had vaccine problems.
It’s too early to know if vaccines will cause problems for those of us vaccinated down the road yet.
That’s why im not for mandates and respect those who don’t want the vaccine. I’m high risk, so the Covid dangers were much higher than the vaccine dangers for me.
I know anecdotes are not data, but I personally know one 50-year-old man who died from covid. Healthy, active guy, and he and his family were all taking ivermectin after they were exposed. I also know one 50-something year old man who died from covid who had fairly significant health issues ahead of time. Both unvaxed.

I also personally know four people who were hospitalized with covid. Three in the regular hospital, one on the vent in the ICU and lived to tell the tale. He got vaccinated as soon as he was cleared. One of the regular hospitalized patients was on oxygen at home for two weeks afterward. All unvaxed.

I know a woman who has "long covid." Unvaxed.

I also know one man, fully vaxed, who had a mild case of covid but is having long-covid symptoms. He's in his late 60s. This was before boosters were available but he was more than 6 months out from his initial doses.

And I know a handful of people who have gotten mild covid (i.e. head colds) while being fully vaccinated and recovered with nothing other than Tylenol and Mucinex. As well as a handful of people who have gotten the same type of covid without vaccines.

Most people I know are fully vaccinated. I know zero who have had any issues with the vaccine other than the typical sore arm, fever, headache, muscle aches. Not to say that it can't happen; I know it can. Either way, you're taking some kind of a chance. I'm going with following the recommendations of literally every health agency in the world, especially given my experience with people I know who have died, gotten sick, and gotten vaccinated without incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2021, 07:51 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,907,901 times
Another disconcerting aspect of the data Pfizer was forced to release is the female sample size they chose was far larger than the male.

Many scientists have pointed to the fact that males, particularly younger males, are more susceptible to the myocarditis and other side affects.

So it's almost certainly more chicanery on Pfizer's part, even in this damning paper.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:00 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,587,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Another disconcerting aspect of the data Pfizer was forced to release is the female sample size they chose was far larger than the male.

Many scientists have pointed to the fact that males, particularly younger males, are more susceptible to the myocarditis and other side affects.

So it's almost certainly more chicanery on Pfizer's part, even in this damning paper.

lol... "Our exhaustive study of the vaccines on pregnant males shows it to be 100% safe, not a single case of ovarian problems or miscarriage".

Old 12-03-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why? Why kill or maim that many people with an unsafe vaccine? Why not create a vaccine that has far less deadly reactions to a vaccine.

This argument of “meh, that’s not so bad considering how many…” is the same argument Chevy made in all their car company lawsuits. When the Corvair burst into flames when hit from rear collisions, Chevy said it’s rare. Not too bad.

https://www.liljegrenlaw.com/top-10-...rs-ever-built/

Same argument is often made on crime. “Murders only happen on south side so, not too bad. We’re safe”.

uhmm... The Corvair was known to roll over unexpectedly. It was the Ford Pinto that would explode on rear impacts. Must keep our failed engineering examples straight.

But yeah, I get it. Ford determined that lawsuit payouts would be cheaper then re-engineering the pinto or recalling it.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
I know anecdotes are not data, but I personally know one 50-year-old man who died from covid. Healthy, active guy, and he and his family were all taking ivermectin after they were exposed. I also know one 50-something year old man who died from covid who had fairly significant health issues ahead of time. Both unvaxed.

I also personally know four people who were hospitalized with covid. Three in the regular hospital, one on the vent in the ICU and lived to tell the tale. He got vaccinated as soon as he was cleared. One of the regular hospitalized patients was on oxygen at home for two weeks afterward. All unvaxed.

I know a woman who has "long covid." Unvaxed.

I also know one man, fully vaxed, who had a mild case of covid but is having long-covid symptoms. He's in his late 60s. This was before boosters were available but he was more than 6 months out from his initial doses.

And I know a handful of people who have gotten mild covid (i.e. head colds) while being fully vaccinated and recovered with nothing other than Tylenol and Mucinex. As well as a handful of people who have gotten the same type of covid without vaccines.

Most people I know are fully vaccinated. I know zero who have had any issues with the vaccine other than the typical sore arm, fever, headache, muscle aches. Not to say that it can't happen; I know it can. Either way, you're taking some kind of a chance. I'm going with following the recommendations of literally every health agency in the world, especially given my experience with people I know who have died, gotten sick, and gotten vaccinated without incident.

The only people I know of who got COVID were vaccinated. In fact, the son of a couple I know got mild COVID months ago, recovered quickly. None of the family were vaccinated at that point, and none of them besides their 1 son got sick. When they could, they all got vaccinated. Then, the entire family got sick with COVID. All of them. Laid out for 2 weeks. After they were vaccinated.

You do you. Let others choose for themselves. The vaccines do not work. Otherwise, how does an entire family that is VACCINATED get sick???

Old 12-03-2021, 08:10 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,339,589 times
You can't be asking questions like that. That's hate speech and means you are a troublemaker. We need you to be a team player and civil member of society and do as you're told. No questions asked. Be it masking, taking as many shots as we tell you to, or whatever.

Troublemakers and people who are threats to those in power and when billions in profits are at stake have a way of eventually "disappearing".

Old 12-03-2021, 08:15 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,515,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why? Why kill or maim that many people with an unsafe vaccine? Why not create a vaccine that has far less deadly reactions to a vaccine.

This argument of “meh, that’s not so bad considering how many…” is the same argument Chevy made in all their car company lawsuits. When the Corvair burst into flames when hit from rear collisions, Chevy said it’s rare. Not too bad.

https://www.liljegrenlaw.com/top-10-...rs-ever-built/

Same argument is often made on crime. “Murders only happen on south side so, not too bad. We’re safe”.
But, firstly getting the facts correct would seem to be the foundation of an opined premise - such as realizing it wasn't Chevy but rather Ford and it's Pinto that suffered that problem and not the Corvair. The Corvair's fuel tank was in the front end, not the back end.

Then one must show those deaths actually determined through actual medical study to have been caused by any of the vaccines - wouldn't one?

Old 12-03-2021, 08:15 AM

17,461 posts, read 14,702,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

You do you. Let others choose for themselves. The vaccines do not work. Otherwise, how does an entire family that is VACCINATED get sick???

What do you do when things don't work as you promised?

You change the definition of what they were supposed to do.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What do you do when things don't work as you promised?

You change the definition of what they were supposed to do.

And the sheep will BAhAAAAAAAhAAAAAA in agreement.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:32 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,487,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
And the sheep will BAhAAAAAAAhAAAAAA in agreement.
I love how the sheep analogy always comes into play after a bunch of people who watch and read all the same stuff call everyone ELSE sheep.

"If you read stuff I don't believe in you're SHEEP! If you read the stuff I believe in the clearly you are carefully considering and doing your own research- certainly not a sheeple."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies