Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 08:14 AM

5,089 posts, read 2,298,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Very few got sick if infected even without the vaccine. The vast majority who didn’t vaccinate also survive and have even stronger natural immunity.
Yep. Infected with Alpha here, and wouldn’t even have known it if I hadn’t gone out for a 15 mile hike/run. I was blaming my chest pressure on anxiety because I had no other symptoms. Started wheezing and coughing at the end of the run and realized there was something more serious going on.

My husband and kids never got it. Or did, and were completely asymptomatic. Being in NJ - one of the ‘epicenters’ - lots of friends and neighbors got it. Somehow most of us survived it, though one man died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2021, 06:01 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
[/b]

This retort comes off as very smug and clever, but if you actually researched yourself, you would know how it's done. The information is out there, you just prefer to keep your head in the sand.
What a mindless reply. I asked the poster if his sources had different information from that supplied by the CDC. He either does or he doesn't.

That was "smug"? You obviously keep your head somewhere besides "the sand".

Old 12-07-2021, 08:34 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,337,600 times
The current vaccines are not at all effective against Omicron as far as I know. You know you can get the flu after a flu shot too, if the vaccine didn't cover whatever the varient is you catch. Happens all the time and there's nothing we can do about it.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:24 AM

18,910 posts, read 8,544,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The current vaccines are not at all effective against Omicron as far as I know. You know you can get the flu after a flu shot too, if the vaccine didn't cover whatever the varient is you catch. Happens all the time and there's nothing we can do about it.
Pfizer today says a third booster provides for enough antibody protection against the Omicron. Whether that actually pans out in the real medical world remains to be seen. But I would be optimistic, especially as the Omicron is still looking more benign in the world.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:28 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,127,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Pfizer today says a third booster provides for enough antibody protection against the Omicron. Whether that actually pans out in the real medical world remains to be seen. But I would be optimistic, especially as the Omicron is still looking more benign in the world.
Pfizer is just saying that to sell boosters. There will be no consequences to them when Omicron spreads here and it’s clear what they said is untrue. Just like their BS “95% efficacy” figures.

Already a few travelers who were boosted came down with the variant.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:33 AM

8,431 posts, read 4,604,085 times
Quote:

So, the wrong vaccine turned up to 11 becomes the right vaccine? Makes sense for a drug, not a vaccine.

Old 12-08-2021, 06:49 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,127,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So, the wrong vaccine turned up to 11 becomes the right vaccine? Makes sense for a drug, not a vaccine.
They're just "faking it until they make it."

Some people forgot the emergence of Delta. When Delta first emerged, there was some speculation that it may evade the vaccines. This was way before it was a problem in the USA.

Pfizer did a study, and reassured everyone that nope, their vaccine works just as well against Delta.

When Delta became spreading like a wild fire here, even among the vaccinated, the narrative changed well it's more transmissible, our vaccine waned, yeah uhm how could we have known??????

This is just that, they BS upfront, to drive booster uptake, and if they're wrong there will be no consequences. They will claim it's a new variant, science has changed etc with no one hold their feet to the fire when over their initial claims.

Seriously, no one should believe anything they say. Anything.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:02 AM

3,359 posts, read 1,243,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Covid rates are up because vaccinated people carry and spread the virus at much higher rates.
Please show us where you found this information.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:14 AM

17,718 posts, read 14,828,525 times
Quote:
Excuse me while I go pick up my eyeballs that just rolled down the street.

C'mon now, doc ... one of the very first reports of the omicron variant was in two Israeli doctors - both of whom had already had their booster. Or, as they're calling it now, "third in the the series".

Old 12-08-2021, 09:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,881,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
An interesting observation. All new Omicron cases in 50 plus countries by now came via incoming air travelers. Who are all supposedly vaccinated.

The era of the vaxxed superspreaders is here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLastRe...31619872182274
A tweet is not a valid source.

Not all countries require proof of vaccination to enter.

Testing may produce a false negative or the person may have been infected during the gap between test and boarding.

Lastly, much depends on when someone was vaccinated. We have known since mid summer, the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies