Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 01:21 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times

Advertisements

For those of us that attended school in the 1960's and 70's, school shootings simply weren't a known phenomenon. I'm sure they had to happen somewhere, but nobody worried about such things. And if anything, gun laws were a lot looser then than they are now. Heck, as late as the 1980's, sporting goods stores in many malls sold AR-15's.

Society has definitely changed. Nothing's been the same since David Lee Roth left Van Halen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 01:35 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Society has definitely changed. Nothing's been the same since David Lee Roth left Van Halen
I used to think that, but honestly, Bon Scott and John Bonham died in 1980...and I think that was where everything went off the rails.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:03 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,459 times
Juvenile delinquency is always rooted in adult delinquency...

Americans are more mentally ill than ever before. One in three Americans has a criminal record.

These folks are "raising" kids or at least sticking an electronic device like a tablet or cell phone in their hands to let the internet raise them.

Kids are not getting their emotional or intellectual needs met at home by their parents. Ethan Crumbley's mom couldn't do fourth grade math and whined to Trump about why should she have to pay a tutor for her child? Because he's your son and that's what you signed up for when you became a parent to help your kid meet minimum requirements to succeed in life. Kids are not being taught values by their parents.

These deficient parents unleash their deranged, damaged kids on society. More of them need to be held accountable legally when their kids harm others.

Both of Ethan Crumbley's parents had criminal records, Dad was a substance abuser, they struggled financially, failed to take care of their own mental health issues or their son's, blamed orher people for their own lack of achievement in life and encouraged their son to lie.

What kind of moron buys an emotionally disturbed 15 year old a handgun??? Gee I wonder what could go wrong???

The Columbine shooters were building bombs in their parent's basements. WTF were their parents???

We have phony Christians that preach hate. People seem to think it's normal to threaten violence if they disagree with someone's political opinion. America is going to hell and each generation just gets stupider and more violent.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:08 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,465,786 times
Income inequality, a more cutthroat hypercompetitive culture due to Reagan and Clinton's neoliberal reforms, secularization and loss of close knit ethnic communities, and social atomization, which includes the incel issue.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:16 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
This society at some point crossed a line, and this is just what it is now.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:26 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Yes there were school shootings before the 2000s but they were very rare and few and far between, yet since the 2000s they have sadly become all to common place. And it's not as if before the 2000s America wasn't very gun loving and easy to attain firearms. Boys would get together for fights sure, but pre-2000s you never worried about someone just going in and start shooting the school up. So what is it that since the 2000s has made school shootings so unfortunately common place?

List of school shootings 1840s to 1999: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._(before_2000))

The ramp up in shootings seems to have occurred in the 1970s.

Old 12-04-2021, 03:12 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie682 View Post

Both of Ethan Crumbley's parents had criminal records, Dad was a substance abuser, they struggled financially, failed to take care of their own mental health issues or their son's, blamed orher people for their own lack of achievement in life and encouraged their son to lie.

What kind of moron buys an emotionally disturbed 15 year old a handgun??? Gee I wonder what could go wrong???......
I'm seeing a DUI and driving with a suspended license for both and misdemeanor check fraud and child support issues for Dad.

None of those disqualify someone from purchasing a firearm and would go through the 4473 process easily. Had there been more than a year (I think it is) of jail time for the misdemeanor that would have been disqualifying.

Where is it stated, by anyone, that the gun was bought for the son, or was that just an embellishment? I also haven't seen any substance issue past the one DUI sixteen years ago.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/03/ethan-...aw-in-florida/

https://www.news4jax.com/i-team/2021...-jacksonville/

Old 12-04-2021, 03:17 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Because white loner kids know they’ll get notoriety and infamy by the liberal mainstream media if they do something deadly.

But if you’re a person of color, it won’t make the news past 1 day.

Liberals called the black Texas school shooter a hero to face his bullies, as he made bond the next day. Then it was quickly erased from the media.

Old 12-04-2021, 03:17 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
There was a thread on this before. I remember one thing that was called a "school shooting" was some teens shooting an empty school bus in a parking lot. There were many such stupid things listed.

Old 12-04-2021, 03:24 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Where is it stated, by anyone, that the gun was bought for the son, or was that just an embellishment?
There are links on the other thread where the mother talks on social media about the "xmas present" and mother and son day at target practice. the shooter himself called it "my new beauty" on his IG, all referenced by the DA yesterday in various news stories from her press conference.

You can Google it.

Or read the other thread on the shooting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies