Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 09:24 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Low crime Montana or Idaho or Maine or Vermont belongs to the same capitalist country as high crime Chicago or Baltimore or New Orleans or St. Louis. You need to look for another excuse.

Do you see the common factor here?

Psst, it has to do with demographics and not capitalism.
But the victims are concentrated in cities.

The demographics matter because capitalism exploits certain demographics more viciously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 09:25 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
What is going on in this country? This is horrible.

We were considering going to Chicago next year but will skip it.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:29 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
What is going on in this country? This is horrible.

We were considering going to Chicago next year but will skip it.
I have friends in Florida who used to come here to Chicago several times a year and even thought about moving here soon. They no longer visit or talk about moving here! Good job Chicago voters!

Old 12-06-2021, 10:01 AM

17,413 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
The crazy part is that even after all the devastation Chicago has been through under Beetlejuice (Lightfoot), recent polls suggest she still leads in the polls over her Republican opponent.

Leftists are the true cultists.
Quote:
And your point pretty much goes along with mine so what are you arguing about?

Because you seemed to believe that it would be a simple Lightfoot vs Republican election.

It won't be ... and while she'd poll higher than any Republican, that's not the case when you pit her against another Dem.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:04 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Wasn't there an issue in NYC in the 1980s with packs of criminal frequently teens going into Central Park or roaming the streets looking for trouble?

Was that called 'wilding' ?

Old 12-06-2021, 10:12 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
But the victims are concentrated in cities.

The demographics matter because capitalism exploits certain demographics more viciously.
Do you even know what capitalism is? Capitalism is strictly about private ownership and free enterprise as opposed to government ownership or collectivism.

In other words, you have more of a say in determining what you do and what you own. That is as impartial and color blind of a system as you can get. If certain demographics are exploited, then they are at their own fault. Blaming capitalism is like blaming the rules of a game when you lose.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:14 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Wasn't there an issue in NYC in the 1980s with packs of criminal frequently teens going into Central Park or roaming the streets looking for trouble?

Was that called 'wilding' ?
Yes there was and it was called Wilding as I recall

Old 12-06-2021, 10:20 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Looks like some good ones in the crowd trying to help the guy .. the hoodlums got in plenty of punches though.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:21 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Because you seemed to believe that it would be a simple Lightfoot vs Republican election.

It won't be ... and while she'd poll higher than any Republican, that's not the case when you pit her against another Dem.
No I don’t believe it is a Lightfoot vs Republican election. I am not even necessarily talking about the election. I am talking about how the Left can be so cultist to continue to support Lightfoot despite how bad of a job she has done.

Even if theoretically, her only opponent was a GOP, the dumb Chicago voters would still re-elect her simply because she is a Democrat.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:32 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Those are not clear videos and being at night, it is even harder to tell. Unless, it is confirmed, you are only guessing.
Uh, no I'm not only guessing. Like I explained, 1) I watched the video, and 2) I'm familiar with the typical demographic of the CTA's frontline workforce. I can assure you my "guess" if you want to call it that is far more grounded than the person claiming this is some sort of racial incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies