Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 07:39 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
They are animals. They act like a pack of wild dogs taking down a zebra.
Animals do not act like this only humans do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 07:41 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
They are animals. They act like a pack of wild dogs taking down a zebra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The crazy part is that even after all the devastation Chicago has been through under Beetlejuice (Lightfoot), recent polls suggest she still leads in the polls over her Republican opponent.

Leftists are the true cultists.
Just proves my point. Voters here never learn which is why I do not pity any of them when I see the violence that happens on a daily basis. Or when they cry about insane taxes and cost of living. They get what they vote for

Old 12-06-2021, 07:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
San Diego, Fort Worth, Jacksonville....that's off the top of my head.

They do exist.
Dayum. Things I learned today. Didnt think there was anything >500K population.

Lots of mega suburbs in the 100K to 250K population range are GOP. (IE a small city)

Old 12-06-2021, 07:49 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
I dont think this assault counts.

Driver looks ?black? and black on black crime does not count.

It only counts when a white guy does it.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:50 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Another day, another lawless beat down in a Democrat-run hell hole. This one, however, stands out to me. It's pretty bad. Time to re-fund the Police, and hold awful Democrat politicians like Lori "I've got my private security - so screw the Citizens" Lightfoot accountable.

The Democratic Party is now literally complicit with criminality, authoritarianism and violence - and whoever defends them is excusing all of this.

This is just another reason why in 2022, we need to clean house and elect MAGA Republicans across the board.
This type of incident is horrifying, and I hope the police come down hard on as many participants as can be identified. However, you can't lay this at the feet of Democrats. Virtually every large city is run by democrats, so there is no data to say that Republicans would do a better job.

The only party-specific data we have is at the state level, where many of the top 10 most violent cities are in red states;

St Louis and Springfield MO, Little Rock AR, Memphis TN,

It may surprise you to know that Chicago does not even make the top 30.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the...in-america/20/

Old 12-06-2021, 07:53 AM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
There was a guy on the news last night in California, he is a reformed ex con, street drug dealer who now owns his own legal weed dispensary. He stated it is now MORE dangerous to him to legally sell weed from a government monitored business then it was for him to sell drugs on the ghetto street corner. Lol

Old 12-06-2021, 07:55 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ditto. It turns my stomach. This was only blocks away from my office on Michigan Avenue.

As long as these animals can get to a place, there are no safe places.

Time for citizens to start cleaning up the streets.
The USA needs a yearly purge. Like the movie. With a few simple rules and off limit people, like kids and elderly, etc.

Old 12-06-2021, 07:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well.......................... we have the resources to simply move.

Funny thing- the town where I went to college is extremely liberal, with 90% voting democrat. Recently, the government has proposed the construction of low income housing smack dab in the middle of the wealthiest residential neighborhood in town, using a small, rarely used park for space.

Of course, the democrat home owners are going ballistic and are raising hell to prevent the low income housing project. Hilarious! These same idiots vote for such measures by voting democrat.......................................... ..until is affects them. Virtue signaling only goes so far.
The proposed construction of low income housing is happening in the Jefferson Park neighborhood, a major transportation hub, that has long prided itself on the lack of multi- family housing. Being proposed are two four story apartment buildings. The developer intends to give priority to veterans and disabled people.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/08/04/con...northwest-side

This community has long self- funded the unique 30 year old NW home equity Assurance Program that sought to provide financial relief in the event of loss of home value attributed to changing demographics. The fund has not been used for the stated purpose and instead, makes low- no interest home improvement loans to participants.

https://www.wbez.org/stories/revampe...2-d2b5b0a43485

NIMBY is prevalent across the political spectrum. Trump campaigned on preserving NIMBY, last year, including the tweet “ suburban housewives will vote for me out of fear that low income housing will invade their neighborhoods under Biden”.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Of course she leads against a Republican - there wasn't a single Republican on the ticket the last time around.

But I highly doubt that she'd win in a runoff ... I think she's toast against a Dem.
The last Republican mayor of Chicago was in office 1925-31. He was as corrupt as they come.

I have no recollection of a Republican running for mayor.

As you know, at a state level, there have been plenty of Republican Governors. There was a 26 year run, 1977-2003 when most of the critical bad decisions about pensions were made and the can kicked into the future.

The state has the distinction of having had 2 governors, a Republican and Democrat, in federal prison at the same time.

It deeply saddens me how a minority of a minority of black teens have destroyed their own communities and are now expanding into the business district.

Old 12-06-2021, 08:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Another day, another lawless beat down in a Democrat-run hell hole. This one, however, stands out to me. It's pretty bad. Time to re-fund the Police, and hold awful Democrat politicians like Lori "I've got my private security - so screw the Citizens" Lightfoot accountable.

The Democratic Party is now literally complicit with criminality, authoritarianism and violence - and whoever defends them is excusing all of this.

https://twitter.com/mahwikizi/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Video:

https://twitter.com/Paulvallas/statu...56467716808709

https://twitter.com/CPD1617Scanner/s...52777060724742

This is just another reason why in 2022, we need to clean house and elect MAGA Republicans across the board.

By teen, you mean black right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies