Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2021, 03:15 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,617,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
What league? I don't want to play sports. I just want to be left the hell alone to live my life in peace.
As I have always done. I’ve never cared what people want to do with their lives until they impose it on others. If you don’t want to play in women’s sports or be in women’s spaces in prisons and/or domestic violence shelters then I have no quarrel with you.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:18 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,254,962 times
Don't confuse endowed rights with government granted privileges (mistakenly called "civil rights").

Old 12-07-2021, 03:21 PM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Then what? I mean, we exist, and we...or at least I...am not going back into my closet. I mean you can't prevent us from existing. Well I guess you could try, if that's an idea for a solution. Some people have, for various reasons. Ceased the existence of trans people I mean. That seems pretty drastic though.
You know I support trans but the specifically with regards to womens sports those biological distinctions are there for a reason.

Other biological distinctions include weight and age classes.

Unless someone can show scientifically that enough hormone therapy or whatnot has neutralized that advantage then regardless of identity there should be prohibitions.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:53 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,310,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You know I support trans but the specifically with regards to womens sports those biological distinctions are there for a reason.

Other biological distinctions include weight and age classes.

Unless someone can show scientifically that enough hormone therapy or whatnot has neutralized that advantage then regardless of identity there should be prohibitions.
This thread is about a college athlete. In college sports there is no such thing as an "age class" and weight class only applies to wrestling, and that would go for both cis-gender and transgender athletes.

As far as the rest of your statement, you have a legit concern, but you also have to look at possible disadvantages as well as real world results.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:20 PM

2,419 posts, read 1,544,268 times
As long as the record breaking swimmer is using the correct pronouns, it's all good. :yay:

Old 12-07-2021, 04:26 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,158,638 times
Katie Ledecky still has her beat by ~45 seconds.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:27 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,318,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I wish that wasn’t every conservative male’s answer to this because it’s just a stupid take. Did it ever occur to you that not every woman voted for this crap? Or that perhaps the person who voted for it may now be open to other arguments but you’re pushing them away?
well, you did somehow "vote for it", per se (obviously conservative women didn't).

However, my answer would be there are 2 genders, and then a teeny tiny fraction of people who are born into a body that their mind doesn't recognize. Those people are humans, and thus have human rights. But they don't get their own category of everything. And there are certain things that are mens, and certain things that are womens. If they just have to do those things, then they have to stick to the biology. Because biology isn't a mental/emotional condition.

Men are men and women are women, and men have advantages in some things and women have advantages in others. And so, to demand "equality" is physically/biologically impossible.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:35 PM

24,043 posts, read 15,157,834 times
Quote:
What "special rules" do you think I'm getting?
IDK about you. But my grandchild still has the body, shape size and build of her birth. And that's 3 years into all kinds of therapies.

Her face has changed, her hair is longer, her years of anxiety are behind her. But her body is the same.

You educate me, does having a male body give an advantage over a female body in some athletic events? I'd love to change my mind.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:49 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,318,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
As I have always done. I’ve never cared what people want to do with their lives until they impose it on others. If you don’t want to play in women’s sports or be in women’s spaces in prisons and/or domestic violence shelters then I have no quarrel with you.
it seems pretty simple, to me at least.

An acknowledgement that biological males and biological females have important differences, and that adult males generally have physical dominance over females.

There really shouldn't be anything controversial about that. But there is by this tiny % of people who insist there be no difference.

A decision that we will maintain the physical separation necessary so one biological gender cannot physically dominate another. That would be sports teams, bathrooms/locker rooms, jails/prisons, etc.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:13 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,899,627 times
Where are the ***** hatted Feminists' on this GUY or Girl..thats right, he she is now one of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies