Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 11:39 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Those on the left side would be excoriated for sitting down with "racists" or some other leftist epithet.
The right side would be excoriated for being RINOs and sellouts.

Old 12-07-2021, 11:45 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't suppose that there is much that any Democrat could do to endear themselves to Diddley Dudette.

What is most troubling is that we have gone from policy disputes to "those other guys are evil" on both sides.

And all the misinformation and blatant lies add fuel to that fire.

And if you try to reason with any of these people you get shot down from both sides.
Never ever did trump want bad things for the Americans. He didn't want to send out criminals to kill and harm Americans again. He didn't want a massive invasion by illegal aliens into our country. Trump didn't try to divide us by race. He did good things and he loved his and our country. The whole time he was in office, the left opposed him and fought him ever step of the way....impeaching, tearing up speeches, etc. This is how the left is. They believe in looting, burnings and hurting other Americans. Trump looked out after us amid the democrats trying to stop him from doing anything. He still got good things done.

Ok, answer me this...why do you feel it is good for the country to allow felons back out of jails and prisons to commit crimes over and over again. How is that a good thing?

How is it good to allow all the illegals into our country. Y'all aren't even vetting them or requiring they be vaccinated. How is that good?

Why do you want to hire tons more IRS people to look into your bank accounts and health records to see if you've been vaccinated. You want government to own you and dictate to you.

In the thread, it would be great to get some explanations from the dems on your thinking why these things are good for the country. Maybe there is a reason I'm not understanding. Please tell me why all the things I listed in the first post are good for us? Can you do that? Convince me I'm wrong.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 12-07-2021 at 12:07 PM..

Old 12-07-2021, 12:17 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Never ever did trump want bad things for the Americans. He didn't want to send out criminals to kill and harm Americans again. He didn't want a massive invasion by illegal aliens into our country. Trump didn't try to divide us by race. He did good things and he loved his and our country. The whole time he was in office, the left opposed him and fought him ever step of the way....impeaching, tearing up speeches, etc. This is how the left is. They believe in looting, burnings and hurting other Americans. Trump looked out after us amid the democrats trying to stop him from doing anything. He still got good things done.

Ok, answer me this...why do you feel it is good for the country to allow felons back out of jails and prisons to commit crimes over and over again. How is that a good thing?

How is it good to allow all the illegals into our country. Y'all aren't even vetting them or requiring they be vaccinated. How is that good?

Why do you want to hire tons more IRS people to look into your bank accounts and health records to see if you've been vaccinated. You want government to own you and dictate to you.

In the thread, it would be great to get some explanations from the dems on your thinking why these things are good for the country. Maybe there is a reason I'm not understanding. Please tell me why all the things I listed in the first post are good for us? Can you do that?
For bettter or worse, Donald Trump lured a predomiately-white, but only moderately-successful and somewat "rowdier" and more-outspoken element away from the Democratic coalition; it was this group, combined with the long-time Republican constituency of entrepreneurs -- large and small -- and a growing libertarian contingent, which prevented the Clinton/Obama axis from consolidating and abusing their power.

Joe Biden was elected because. like Jimmy Carter, he was "half sane" -- popular with the blue-collar,"bowling-bingo-and beer" crowd of "swing voters" but, like Carter, not given to strong leadership (anyone else rememberr the phrase "Moral Equivalent of War" -- MEOW?)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-07-2021 at 01:02 PM..

Old 12-07-2021, 12:25 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
For bettter or worse, Donald Trump lured a predomiately-white, but only moderately-successful and somewat "rowdier" and more-outspoken element away from the Democratic coalition; it was this group, combined with the long-time Republican constituency of entrepreneurs -- large and small -- and a growing libertarian contingent, which prevented the Clinton/Obama axis feom consolidating and abusing their power.
I give up. I ask why the things I posted in the first thread are good for the country. Y'all do nothing but talk about Trump. It's useless and I give up. Again, it's hard to have respect for anyone that wants to see the country destroyed and all those things in my first post are examples. Dems can't say I'm wrong and it is clear that this what they support. Instead of talking about Trump, just admit you hate the country and want to see it destroyed. Just be honest.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:28 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:

In the thread, it would be great to get some explanations from the dems on your thinking why these things are good for the country. Maybe there is a reason I'm not understanding. Please tell me why all the things I listed in the first post are good for us? Can you do that? Convince me I'm wrong.

why do you feel it is good for the country to allow felons back out of jails and prisons to commit crimes over and over again?

I don't really know what on earth you are talking about here. I do know that Donald Trump signed the First Step Act (FSA), also known as the Formerly Incarcerated Reenter Society Transformed Safely Transitioning Every Person Act, which reduced sentences for nonviolent crimes. One of the few things Trump did that I agree with, because putting people in jail is expensive and often turns petty criminals into hardened criminals.

How is it good to allow all the illegals into our country.

Who said it was good? Illegal immigration has been a problem for this country for 50 years. No one is going to fix it overnight. Trump didn't fix it in 4 years, so how can Biden fix it in 1 year?

Why do you want to hire tons more IRS people to look into your bank accounts and health records to see if you've been vaccinated.

Health records? Where do you come up with this stuff? Biden wants to hire more IRS agents to make sure people pay the taxes they owe. Because we could increase tax rates, but better to first enforce the laws we already have on the books. A lot of rich guys are dodging taxes. If we catch them and make them pay, that reduces the tax burden on the rest of us.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’m kinda that way, except I feel antipathy towards both of the major parties, and have since around the Obama days. The Democrats have stunk for longer, but the Republicans ain’t no prize either.
It started being observed decades ago that there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:

Well, if Trump was this greatest president since Reagan or as Roger Stone, who Trump pardoned, put it since Abraham Lincoln, then tell me just why the hell didn't he get reelected. Don't tell me it was due to the most massive vote fraud in history, because that has been disproven over and over again.

It would be great if America could find somebody for president that most people could get behind like Reagan, but that is probably only dreaming for 2024. Reagan's reelection victory was like a dream. In 1984, he won all the states, except for one. As I have said before, if only Trump had said he learned a lot from Reagan, rather than Nixon, he'd still be president.

Letting felons out too soon is a local or state problem presidents can complain about but can do nothing about.

If Democrat leadership is going too far, then they will pay for it in 2022 from the congress elections, just like the Republicans had to pay in the past.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-07-2021 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-07-2021, 12:43 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
why do you feel it is good for the country to allow felons back out of jails and prisons to commit crimes over and over again?

I don't really know what on earth you are talking about here. I do know that Donald Trump signed the First Step Act (FSA), also known as the Formerly Incarcerated Reenter Society Transformed Safely Transitioning Every Person Act, which reduced sentences for nonviolent crimes. One of the few things Trump did that I agree with, because putting people in jail is expensive and often turns petty criminals into hardened criminals.

How is it good to allow all the illegals into our country.

Who said it was good? Illegal immigration has been a problem for this country for 50 years. No one is going to fix it overnight. Trump didn't fix it in 4 years, so how can Biden fix it in 1 year?

Why do you want to hire tons more IRS people to look into your bank accounts and health records to see if you've been vaccinated.

Health records? Where do you come up with this stuff? Biden wants to hire more IRS agents to make sure people pay the taxes they owe. Because we could increase tax rates, but better to first enforce the laws we already have on the books. A lot of rich guys are dodging taxes. If we catch them and make them pay, that reduces the tax burden on the rest of us.
Trump at least made an attempt to fix the illegal immigration problem in spite of the Democrats fighting him all the way. He also instituted the "wait in Mexico" policy, ended catch and release, re-instated the workplace raids and started building the wall. What has Biden done except to end all of those anti-illegal immigration policies? You're in deep denial, aren't you? Your posts have always indicated that you want illegal immigration to continue anyway. You fool no one.

Old 12-07-2021, 12:51 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The right side would be excoriated for being RINOs and sellouts.
Many of them are. Career politicians IE "the swamp," called that because they care more about getting re-elected and increasing their net worth than implementing policy that will help out the country. It's like that pretty much in both parties to a degree.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:26 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:

Indeed you are not wrong!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies