Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 01:40 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
How is it good to allow all the illegals into our country.

Who said it was good? Illegal immigration has been a problem for this country for 50 years. No one is going to fix it overnight. Trump didn't fix it in 4 years, so how can Biden fix it in 1 year?
Omg that's funny. Did you really think biden was going to fix it? He effed it up worse than ever. The next pres is going to have to undo this whole admins crap. It will take years before they can get it back to before he screwed it all up.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A good rant OP and I agree with it.

The most angry, bitter and unhappy people I know are Democrats. They are a vindictive bunch that seem to still be suffering from the Trump Derangement Syndrome. I think they are unhappy that they were lied to by their leaders and the only solace they have is that Trump is gone. The average Democrat certainly cannot be happy with the direction that Biden and the far Left is taking this country.

It is such a shame that the Republicans can't get together to denounce Biden's schemes the way the Dem's united to trash everything Trump but then again the Reps don't have the mass media to spread the outrage.

80 years ago today we were attacked by Japan at Pearl Harbor. Today the enemy is within America and they are sinking us.
We can’t really blame these Leftist Democrats for their Anger & Bitterness. If I was responsible for people losing their jobs, their businesses, their homes over Power Illegal Mandates … I would be miserable also.

To face yourself in the mirror everyday and know you are responsible for children in isolation and not getting an education, that patents are being chased down as Domestic Terrorists because of my party/my vote. 1,000’s dead in shootings across this nation a nd more every day. The harm to children. I don’t know they live with it

I would be miserable also, because the attempt to try and hide from actions the Democrats do is pretty hopeless.

They KNOW
They KNOW that we know
They KNOW their family and friends know.

That’s hard ti face.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:24 PM

930 posts, read 333,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
My personal philosophy/oreintation is Objectivst/libertarian - grounded in a perception of reality as an absolute. As such, I view the workngs of a completely free and open economy as the most desirable outcome -- a/k/a autarchy/anarchy, with an honest constabulary and judiciary.

But I also know that a society completely free of coercion isn't going to occur in the real world (though that should be the goal in theory).

And while I recognize the need for a "safety net", given the fragile nature of existence in a post-industrial world, it needs to be policed at the lowest possible level -- so that habitual abusers can be identified, shunned, and excluded.

But the Democrats have no goal save to enfranchise the dullards and dropouts as a permanebt majority -- a coalition of irresponsibles.

In short, I beleve in a duty of responsibility.

And the Democratic Party stands in opposition to virtually all the principles listed above.

I don't refer to it as the Cult of the Braying Jackass for no reason.
I'm pro-individualism and Republican, perhaps close to libertarian in theory. But I always say that there is a legitimate debate to be had between individualism and collectivism.

For example, a pure libertarian would be opposed to public funding of education. Most people would argue that children should not be solely dependent on their parents' resources and energy for their education.

There's a case to be made for some collectivism. The problem is that the current party of collectivism, the Democrats, folds, spindles, and mutilates that into something wholly focused on extracting money from flyover land and depositing it into Washington DC, now the richest region in the USA.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
For bettter or worse, Donald Trump lured a predomiately-white, but only moderately-successful and somewat "rowdier" and more-outspoken element away from the Democratic coalition; it was this group, combined with the long-time Republican constituency of entrepreneurs -- large and small -- and a growing libertarian contingent, which prevented the Clinton/Obama axis from consolidating and abusing their power.

Joe Biden was elected because. like Jimmy Carter, he was "half sane" -- popular with the blue-collar,"bowling-bingo-and beer" crowd of "swing voters" but, like Carter, not given to strong leadership (anyone else rememberr the phrase "Moral Equivalent of War" -- MEOW?)
Blacks and Hispanics have left the democrat party as being too far left. Now that Biden is in , many will follow seeing what he has done to wreck our economy.

Many wealthy Americans have supported Trump of all colors and races. I have spoken to many Trump supporters at the rallies and they are smart .. of course the liberal media is going to say they are dumb smelly Walmart people. We get it. They lie daily.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:48 PM

8,501 posts, read 4,744,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It started being observed decades ago that there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties.
That’s why I call them Demicans and Republicrats. If I’m in a particularly misanthropic mood...I just call them all kleptocrats, although there are still some good-faith folks left.

Old 12-07-2021, 03:48 PM

362 posts, read 143,941 times
God forgive me, but a lot of them no longer need to exist. Their BS is really messing with people's personal lives and sanity. I just want them wiped from the face of the earth.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:22 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Judging by Biden’s dismal poll for his job performance, there are a lot of buyers remorse

Old 12-07-2021, 10:54 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I see all the crime that they seem to encourage and it turns my stomach.

I see in Waukesha all those people injured and killed because the left don't believe in bail or punishing felons. They want to let them out to do more killing and harm to us, the American people, and the people they are to protect. They don't seem to care that criminals are hurting law abiding Americans.

I see all the illegals invading our country and it turns my stomach. Again, not looking after the Americans.

Dems yell racism at everything and anything that don't think as they do.

I look at all the dems in the country trying to dictate and demand mandates.

The dems refuse to call the summer of love anything but 'peaceful protesting'. They know good and well it wasn't yet they jump all over Jan 6 like it was an insurrection and it wasn't but it's all they have so they harp on it and harp on it.

Dems want to hire more people to look into our taxes and bank accts so government can see how we spend money and everything we do. They want to audit everyone to get more money.

They make up crazy pronouns as if it's helping the country when it does nothing but help divide and look ridiculous.

They cancel people and threaten us if we speak and they don't like it hence no freedom of speech unless they agree with it.

Dems seem to cheer when it's clear our country is under attack by our own.

They make excuses for anything this idiotic administration is doing. Dems twist, lie and are the best at hypocrisy.

They want to cheat in elections and not require IDs. NY even wants to allow non-citizens to vote.

Anyone that supports all of this, I'm sorry but I have absolutely no respect for you. I like my country and y'all wish for nothing more than to destroy it and it's people.

Build Back Better- Please Sinema and Manchin don't vote for this. I just pray it doesn't pass.

Dems are failing us and our country big time.
Excellent and accurate. The only thing I would change is the word 'hard' in your title to 'impossible.'

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-10-2021 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 12-08-2021, 02:50 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't suppose that there is much that any Democrat could do to endear themselves to Diddley Dudette.

What is most troubling is that we have gone from policy disputes to "those other guys are evil" on both sides.

And all the misinformation and blatant lies add fuel to that fire.

And if you try to reason with any of these people you get shot down from both sides.
Yep.

Where we should be, at the worst, is people wanting to proverbially run others up a flagpole re frustration with others over policy disputes but with the general decency of the people not being an issue because....when it is....that occupies the forefront.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to see Trump nor Biden as a nominee in 2024.

Old 12-08-2021, 02:56 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,203,308 times
IMPOSSIBLE. BIden wants to forgive $10,000 in student loans which is a joke. People are paying over $1000 a month at 9% interest on $100,000 loans that accumulated $60,000 in interest and another $20,000 in debt collection fees and he wants to forgive $10,000. LOL - how about just waiving the interest and debt collection fees to make up for the unscrupulous third party servicers and just zeroing out the loans to the borrowed amount less payments to date. Idiots. All of them. Warren is the only one with a brain in her head but they have beaten her down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies