Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 11:02 AM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times

Advertisements

"The racial wealth gap has become a heated issue as part of the ongoing woke crusade, but rather than the economic elite, it is average, workaday White Americans who are the scapegoat. White millennials in particular—ironically given their role as some of the most vocal carriers of the woke torch—will be the primary bearers of this burden The explosion of anti-white identity politics over the past decade coincides with one of the worst economic crisis’ in modern history which has particularly impacted Millennials."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/w...as-sacrificial
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 11:04 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Didn't we just have this discussion in last week's thread?

Old 12-08-2021, 02:03 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
I keep hearing this but don't see it. I have two millennial kids doing very well, that have bought houses and new cars in this expensive area, and the others that we know are doing better in many cases than their boomer parents.

I'm a manager and have 4 white millennial employees ages 26-34, all seem to be doing just fine with their salaries from $65-90k, and great benefits. In the last few years 3 of them have had a promotion.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:00 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I keep hearing this but don't see it. I have two millennial kids doing very well, that have bought houses and new cars in this expensive area, and the others that we know are doing better in many cases than their boomer parents.

I'm a manager and have 4 white millennial employees ages 26-34, all seem to be doing just fine with their salaries from $65-90k, and great benefits. In the last few years 3 of them have had a promotion.
It is a California issue:

"In California there is an unspoken dynamic in which well-off, White, liberal boomers signal their loyalty to the woke cause by putting a BLM sign in their yard and are thus able enjoy the rest of their golden years, self-assured of their moral righteousness, all while the policies and rhetoric they have supported have ensured that their descendant’s quality of life will decline for generations."

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/w...as-sacrificial

Old 12-08-2021, 03:11 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCT View Post
That's great for your kids, but your personal anecdote doesn't have the same weight as the actual data.
There's a jaw-dropping wealth gap between millennials and boomers. Besides, you can find plenty of anecdotes online even (maybe check out reddit's "Lost Generation" to use one example) of millennials struggling and unable to reach the middle class due to college debt, poor working conditions, and the cost of housing.
I don't suppose the fact that Boomers have been in the work force 20-40 years longer than the millennials has anything to do with that?

Old 12-08-2021, 03:13 PM

45,432 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
There's growing awareness of the problems the "me generation" has wrought. It'll be incumbent on younger generations of all types to scrutinize and call out the boomer-millennial wealth gap, as well as baby boomer privilege in general.

"A Generation of Sociopaths" --Bruce Gibney

https://www.bitchute.com/video/JUoeWG6Xzdvt/
Yeah, who would expect that I, at almost 70, after having worked for almost half a century would have more wealth than a 35 year old?

Old 12-08-2021, 03:15 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
That's great for your kids, but your personal anecdote doesn't have the same weight as the actual data.
There's a jaw-dropping wealth gap between millennials and boomers. Besides, you can find plenty of anecdotes online even (maybe check out reddit's "Lost Generation" to use one example) of millennials struggling and unable to reach the middle class due to college debt, poor working conditions, and the cost of housing.
I don't suppose the fact that Boomers have been in the work force 20-40 years longer than the millennials has anything to do with that?

When I graduated college the inflation rate was over 10%. Mortgage rates were over 16%. Minimum wage was $3.35/hour. Life was a bowl of cherries for us.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:18 PM

45,432 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

When I graduated college the inflation rate was over 10%. Mortgage rates were over 16%. Minimum wage was $3.35/hour. Life was a bowl of cherries for us.
And those college loans you likely had were considered unsecured and were at market rates.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:20 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
IP check on aisle 4.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:21 PM

19,803 posts, read 18,104,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, who would expect that I, at almost 70, after having worked for almost half a century would have more wealth than a 35 year old?
It's just crazy. How'd that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies