Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 01:08 PM

14,236 posts, read 4,605,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRising View Post
And people must face the consequences of those mistakes. Just like a child ..that is how one learns and grows.
If your child goes steal a candy bar and he made a mistake and get caught, yes you will whoop his ass.

If your child goes steal a candy bar because YOU asked him to do it and he made a mistake and get caught, are you going to punish him for making a mistake? If you are going to punish him, do you think he’s going to go steal a candy next time if you ask him to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 01:09 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not one of those jurors had the guts to stand up for Kim Potter. This society is so screwed.
The trend is , don't be a cop . And if a black person , no matter what the situation they caused, it is always the cops fault. Reach for a knife , it is the cops fault. Resist arrest , it is the cops fault.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:12 PM

14,236 posts, read 4,605,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SealOfDisproval View Post
Cops are supposed to be more professional at their jobs.
And that somehow makes them not human and never make a mistake during split second decision?

Old 12-23-2021, 01:12 PM

2,389 posts, read 2,345,092 times
Soooo many damn bootlickers on this site, when it's the PD who enforced the Covid restrictions that you hate. Sad.

She's incompetent, just like the MPD. You can argue that the sentence was harsh but she should not get off scot free. We need competent officers and more importantly we need tough-on-crime prosecutors and judges.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:13 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I didn't follow it very closely, but I am surprised they found her guilty. Like others, I expected a hung jury. I don't think she meant to fire her gun at the gentlemen.

In the heat of the moment, people **** up.

Let's hear what the i-hate-white-people crowd has to say.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:17 PM

1,134 posts, read 405,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Yeah, I am sure a 26 year veteran police officer, who’s eligible to be retire AT ANY TIME, decided to wake up one day and goes “hmm, I am going to shoot a black guy today with little justification and throw away everything I worked so hard for 26 years”
That's how I feel when I see people imply that she probably killed him on purpose. It makes absolutely no sense. I expected a verdict something more like negligent homicide. She was certainly responsible but it had to be accidental.

I'm looking at the celebrations from the large crowds of mostly black people on the news. I wonder if you polled them, how many would say she shot him on purpose simply because he was black.

I'd love to see the results.

9,434 posts, read 4,262,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Soooo many damn bootlickers on this site, when it's the PD who enforced the Covid restrictions that you hate. Sad.

She's incompetent, just like the MPD. You can argue that the sentence was harsh but she should not get off scot free. We need competent officers and more importantly we need tough-on-crime prosecutors and judges.
And we need police departments that insure that their rank and file are competent to do the jobs they are hired to do.
How did she slip through the cracks for 26 years!?

11,047 posts, read 6,003,061 times
It seems to me that the whole idea is to discourage people from becoming cops. Think about that for a moment. Fewer cops, more mayhem. Control the press and freedom of information. Sound familiar to anyone? Was there not a very recent rejection for proposed steps to address the crime problem in a major Dem city?

Old 12-23-2021, 01:18 PM

3,859 posts, read 1,796,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Why was Wright not held acountable for all his crimes......like shooting someone in the head.
Exactly. I don't hear anyone talking about him shooting a man and ruining his life and robbing a woman....He caused a lot of harm to people.

He wasn't following police orders when he was accidentally shot, I think the jury got this one wrong.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:20 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,305,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
That's how I feel when I see people imply that she probably killed him on purpose. It makes absolutely no sense. I expected a verdict something more like negligent homicide. She was certainly responsible but it had to be accidental.

I'm looking at the celebrations from the large crowds of mostly black people on the news. I wonder if you polled them, how many would say she shot him on purpose simply because he was black.

I'd love to see the results.
On appeal this likely will be reduced to 2nd degree. There’s really no logical explanation here for this to be both first and second. It’s one or the other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies