Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 07:45 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Michelle and Barack made some phone calls.

Old 03-16-2022, 07:51 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Jussie is the face of privilege.

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/sta...61495119187969

Old 03-17-2022, 06:30 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
This is what real privilege looks like. Not the alleged privilege AOC is always going on about.
Actually it might be that privilege. I see a lot of people implying jussie was released because he is Black but they're forgetting the biggest privileged side Jussie has...he is half jewish! He has family/friends in high places.

Old 03-17-2022, 08:17 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
*shrug*

He was smart enough to just give them that one check, which is a totally believable amount of money for what he legitimately owed them - personal training sessions and supplements to hone his body for an upcoming movie. And he wrote that in the memo section of the check.

I'm not sure he actually paid them anything to assault him - it appears they did that as a favor to him out of gratitude for pulling strings in the industry and getting them contacts. $350.00 is about what he would owe them legitimately for their business services.

The brothers weren't really sure either, how the amount he gave them broke down into bodybuilding payments and beating him up, and they seemed to think they might have done it just as a favor to him. They didn't know they were going to have to lie to LE to make this work, as Jussie himself didn't seem to understand either - I guess he thought he could just make this assault on him public and LE wouldn't show up asking questions.
"*shrug*"?

You don't write checks for payment when you're planning a fake hoax. I almost feel like you're standing up for him (I don't care)-- do you realize how stupid it is to create a paper trail? You think bc whatever was in the memo that makes it more believable (lol)? So if someone writes a check to bump someone's spouse off and they put in the memo "teddy bears and hugs" that it makes it less suspicious?

Please take a reality check. Jussie is clearly not that bright.

Old 03-17-2022, 09:15 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
"*shrug*"?

You don't write checks for payment when you're planning a fake hoax. I almost feel like you're standing up for him (I don't care)-- do you realize how stupid it is to create a paper trail? You think bc whatever was in the memo that makes it more believable (lol)? So if someone writes a check to bump someone's spouse off and they put in the memo "teddy bears and hugs" that it makes it less suspicious?

Please take a reality check. Jussie is clearly not that bright.
I'm not standing up for him at all.

He convinced these two body builders to fake attack him, and somehow didn't understand that LE would come sniffing around trying to solve what appeared to be a violent crime.

I'm just saying, and the brothers are saying, they're not sure they were paid to attack him.

You can say I'm not sure they were actually paid, and still believe Smollett commissioned this fake assault and tried to blame it on white supremacy.

Nuances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies