Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 08:22 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times

Advertisements

We have gone to a new low with people cheering how those choosing not to get vaxxed should have thier lives and families lives wrecked. For all those who are salivating at this know 2 things-

1. You need a psychologist to have your heads examined.

2. You yourselves could have your lives implode from something not related to Covid at all. Happens to people all the time. Best you humble yourselves. You may need help and wont get it, because people will remember how you were with this.

Disgusting how we have turned on each other when we needed most to unite.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:26 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
I got vacccinated without too much of a fuss back in July-Aug -- Moderna vaccine; I would have preferred the J&J, because I'm wary of the mRNA technology -- and I have a good reason; a nephew who developed severe autism after an agressive program of vaccination for the usual childood illnesses thirty years ago.

The probable culprit here liikely isn't the vaccine itself, but the thimerosal used as a preservative; but the point remains that just as with the "swine flu snafu" of 45 years ago, a rush to judgement could have serious consequences a few years down the road.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cali...l#post62397295

And my nephew has a younger brother with the same genetic heritage; so I'm not going to blame his parents for taking a wait-and-see approach (and FWIW, we have no objections to the usual non-mRNA immuniztions).

But from Day One, the approach taken by CDC and other admirers of Big Brother has been "Don't question our authority -- just get in line!!"

Ans some of us feel that the old adage that "All our knowledge is ourselves to know" is more appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

If one is hesitant about taking a RNA vaccine, there is the J&J vaccine. The quick development of the vaccines were in part do to "operation warp speed"......a program started by the previous administration in the White House

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-10-2021 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-10-2021, 08:30 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
We have gone to a new low with people cheering how those choosing not to get vaxxed should have thier lives and families lives wrecked. For all those who are salivating at this know 2 things-

2. You yourselves could have your lives implode from something not related to Covid at all. Happens to people all the time. Best you humble yourselves. You may need help and wont get it, because people will remember how you were with this.

There is an epidemic of cruelty.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:42 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

It is mind boggling to me. I really can't understand the mindset of these individuals. Looking back at some of the events in our history, I've often thought, how a parts of a populace can turn on itself. Well, we are seeing an example of that in real time. And when trying to press these individuals on why, they have really no logical answer.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:59 AM

2,022 posts, read 869,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It is mind boggling to me. I really can't understand the mindset of these individuals. Looking back at some of the events in our history, I've often thought, how a parts of a populace can turn on itself. Well, we are seeing an example of that in real time. And when trying to press these individuals on why, they have really no logical answer.
Human nature to look for someone to blame in a time of crisis. Panicked people choose sides. Mob mentality creeps in. It's both sides demonizing the other. I see idiotic behavior on both sides....it's a virus, there shouldn't be any side to choose.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:05 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,798,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I have a neighbor who is in favor of coerced vaccinations. When I directly confronted her several months ago, she said it was to protect people from the virus. I replied that they can get the vaccine to be protected. She had no answer.

Some will say "to protect the health care system" but then why are they firing health care workers?

They might also say "to protect those who can't get vaccinated." But then why don't the vax passports and governments make an exception for them? They aren't being 'protected' by being marginalized.

And in many cases they don't even accept a negative Covid test as a substitute for a vaccine, allowing Covid infected vaccinated people to spread the virus.

The only logical explanation is mass psychosis being used to usher in authoritarianism. Global power grab. Nothing else makes sense. The acute emergency was over the minute the vaccine was available to high risk groups.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:07 AM

57,324 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Wow, what a way to twist words. They are not paying people to not get vaccinated, which implies a bribe. They are correcting an inhumane policy---making people choose between injecting a drug and losing their job. Unemployment benefits are an important safety net so families aren't forced out on the street.

Back when I was a liberal, that would have been a liberal policy. But now they are the party of driving people to homelessness if they don't take a Pharma product, while screeching CHOICE. They are the party of Big Pharma, censorship, medical coercion, billionaires, masking children, and lockdowns. How times have changed. And the Washington Post is there to cheer it all on!
Well when you allow people to collect unemployment when they refuse to vaccinate what do you call it. They seem much more tolerant to the unvaccinated than they were for people that were legitimately out of work in the past and not because they quit or were fired.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:08 AM

57,324 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you're not the one who posted this a week or so ago?
No

Old 12-10-2021, 09:18 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,556,554 times
Quote:
Back when I was a liberal, that would have been a liberal policy. But now they are the party of driving people to homelessness if they don't take a Pharma product, while screeching CHOICE. They are the party of Big Pharma, censorship, medical coercion, billionaires, masking children, and lockdowns. How times have changed. And the Washington Post is there to cheer it all on!
This is why I predict a republican landslide in 2022. Even liberals can't, deep down, tolerate this policy because they know... it is just a matter of time until it is used on them. The Karens have forced the hands of liberals like Bill Maher who are classical liberals.

And now that it has been used this way.. I honestly don't see how they can't justify not using it against people who are overweight, or people who use drugs.

The backlash will be brutal.

Old 12-10-2021, 09:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
I have a neighbor who is in favor of coerced vaccinations. When I directly confronted her several months ago, she said it was to protect people from the virus. I replied that they can get the vaccine to be protected. She had no answer.

Some will say "to protect the health care system" but then why are they firing health care workers?

They might also say "to protect those who can't get vaccinated." But then why don't the vax passports and governments make an exception for them? They aren't being 'protected' by being marginalized.

And in many cases they don't even accept a negative Covid test as a substitute for a vaccine, allowing Covid infected vaccinated people to spread the virus.

The only logical explanation is mass psychosis being used to usher in authoritarianism. Global power grab. Nothing else makes sense. The acute emergency was over the minute the vaccine was available to high risk groups.
Anyone who wants to protect the healthcare system can send double payments of premiums to their health insurer.

Or Adopt a Doctor.

We are living in madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies