Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 10:48 AM

7,147 posts, read 4,742,203 times

Advertisements

I will keep my crypto thanks.
It’s becoming a worldwide hedge against inflation. There are numerous countries ahead of the US in its acceptance and usage.

https://blog.tezro.com/crypto-friendly-countries/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 11:07 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
There are currently 200 crypto currencies. I for one was surprised there were so many.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Just something to ask yourself what happens as that number keeps growing and they make more of them?

Essentially seems like there is a potentially infinite amount of crypto out there.

Again, I really don't care, no dog in this fight and you do you, but it's interesting to discuss.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:28 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Democrats are trying to kill crypto by going after stablecoins. They realize this is the one true tool for wealth transfer and they can’t accept that.

https://dailyhodl.com/2021/12/16/us-...lized-finance/

Liberals, stop trying to legislate our freedoms. Let people do what they want.

I doubt many Democrats know what stablecoin even is.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:03 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I will keep my crypto thanks.
It’s becoming a worldwide hedge against inflation. There are numerous countries ahead of the US in its acceptance and usage.

https://blog.tezro.com/crypto-friendly-countries/
numerous! (I actually looked at the list)

about your only chance is to hitch your wagon to China or Russia backing crypto.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:11 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Melania Trump is selling NFTs.
Quote:
Former first lady Melania Trump announced on Thursday that she will begin selling NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, becoming the latest personality to embrace the hot digital collectible trend.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/8930474002

Again folks, this is the future: digital assets.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:13 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There are currently 200 crypto currencies. I for one was surprised there were so many.

Just something to ask yourself what happens as that number keeps growing and they make more of them?

Essentially seems like there is a potentially infinite amount of crypto out there.

Again, I really don't care, no dog in this fight and you do you, but it's interesting to discuss.
Bitcoin is a currency. Most other cryptos are tokens on a blockchain that have a specific job or do an activity basically to support Web 3.0 which will be the future of the internet and how the world will operate very soon.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:14 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
It’s no different than a stock market or market cycle. It pumps during the bull market, peaks, then recedes during a bear market, then rinse and repeat.

This isn’t rocket science.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:00 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I doubt many Democrats know what stablecoin even is.
I wouldn't bet on that.

A good deal of arts and music people are hugely into NFT's. A good deal of that demo are Democrats.

I reckon it would be great to keep partisan politics out of Web3. Don't build the new system and drag in the same demons that plague the old system.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:04 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Good luck talking away bitcoin.

Bitcoin is the most powerful monitary instrument in the history of mankind.
  • There is a fixed and absolute supply that will NEVER change
  • It is free of government control & interference at all levels
  • It can be transferred instantly globally, to anyone

One bitcoin right now is about $50,000. Twenty years from now when 50,000 US Dollars will only buy you a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, that 1 bitcoin will still buy you a luxury car
You don't know that supply will never change.

Right now "bitcoin miners" pay the extremely expensive costs of keeping up the bitcoin network and they are fine with this, because their bitcoins created out of thin air covers that cost.

However, bitcoin mining gets halved, and halved, and halved, and eventually ends. At some point on that timeline mining will not cover the expensive costs and at that point the miners will either:

(1) have a majority agree to change the protocol to increase the amount that can be mined, yes this can happen

(2) start charging massive fees somehow someway to upkeep the expensive costs

(3) exit quickly before the masses realize what is happening.

Bitcoin uses 0.55% of global electricity. Every single bitcoin transaction consumes over $176 in electricity to go through the whole network verifying the data. That is expensive. Plus there is hardware that needs to be maintained and updated. That is expensive.

Bitcoin's protocol must change or it will kill itself off.

Quote:

Those are just the major ones.

Your same source says there are 15,730 cryptocurrencies and that number grows every day.

https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/

Old 12-17-2021, 07:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
If you are going to use that flawed logic, doesn't everyone die "eventually" ?

small minds.

Bitcoin is a digital asset backed by the USD then can then exchanged to other currency.

gold/silver/lumber/oil/corn/wheat/house/car/boat are hard assets also backed by the USD(except maybe since the gold standard was removed. from the usd backing.

some numbers in your bank account are the digital representation of thew fiat currency you have/dont have as are portfolio stock market accounts.
This is not financial advice. Do not invest in things you do not understand.
The only value of bitcoin is for others to buy it.. it has no merit at all. It can be traced..It is not a product or service..It is not produced . The value is from others buying it .. It is a pyramid in which those that get in early benefit. Those that buy high have the highest risk. The entire stock market is also built on a pyramid scheme. Get in early and sell high is the only way to make money. Those that make money get most of it from the investors who lose their money when they buy high and lose most of their money. Sure , the businesses make some money , but the investments the business uses to expand or buy product can lose greatly too. They throw in a lot of gobbliy goop about bitcoin to get people hyped that it has value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies