Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This is going to be diminished by the Trump base.....doesn't that seem logical. It simply looks really really bad. We have people inside the White House and "Fair and Balanced" Fox News personalities in their own words. I'm sure there is more to come. The What-a-boutism and "it wasn't that" bad" meme will stick with Trumpers.....everybody else....not so much.

I can say I am of the mindset of Ole Mitch....which is rare.

https://www.politico.com/minutes/con...connell-on-16/
I have no problem identifying and punishing the 1/6 rioters. I just wish there was this much zeal to find out who the organizers and participants were in the 600+ BLM protest riots. Thr participants in those riots killed and injured people, and destroyed entire city blocks, fenced off city blocks and turned them into no-go autonomous zones.

Instead of Biden and dems trying to stop the violence during the BLM riots, they were supporting the rioters, even donating and promoting groups who were ailing them out, and trying to justify the actions of these violent rioters.

This whole Jan 6th committee is a sham. The property destruction was minimal, even the assaults on law enforcement was minimal. Meanwhile, the destruction and attacks against law enforcement and damage to public and private buildings by the BLM riots was horrendous.

You whine about the "whataboutism" because it is very applicable. Either we care about getting to the bottom of riots and violence, or we don't. The dems don't care. Focusing on 1/6 is political, and that's all it is.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:03 AM

13,214 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So you have nothing, imagine that.

Pretending it's debunked gets you nowhere.
There is no negative so stop deflecting. All you have to do is prove that every single one of the 700+ are Trump supporters.

You're the one pushing it as fact that every single one who'd been arrested is a Trump supporter, not me. Because you are pushing it as fact then yes it is up to you to prove.

You have nothing but your hopes and dreams and fantasies and you know it.
Wait. You're trying to claim that BLM and Antifa participated (or is it instigated?) Jan 6 with no evidence whatsoever, and you're claiming it's up to me to prove they didn't? And I have nothing? LOL!

You're the one with the hopes and fantasies that even ONE BLM or Antifa activist will be found. We already know hundreds of Trump supporters were there, because they've been caught and their faces plastered in the media.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:04 AM

23,671 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I would wager the vast majority are Trump supporters. That seems a safe bet.
Most likely all of those who'd actually peacefully protested without rioting are Trump supporters, that seems to be the safest bet. Some of the protesters turned rioters are likely Trump supporters, the rest though are probably not.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I have no problem identifying and punishing the 1/6 rioters. I just wish there was this much zeal to find out who the organizers and participants were in the 600+ BLM protest riots. Thr participants in those riots killed and injured people, and destroyed entire city blocks, fenced off city blocks and turned them into no-go autonomous zones.

Instead of Biden and dems trying to stop the violence during the BLM riots, they were supporting the rioters, even donating and promoting groups who were ailing them out, and trying to justify thee actions of these violent rioters.

This whole Jan 6th committee is a sham.The property destruction was minimal, even the assaults on law enforcement was minimal.

Tell that to those cops and their families.

140 Officers were Injured in Capitol Riot, Officials Say
https://www.policemag.com/592586/140...-officials-say

Old 12-15-2021, 11:14 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
It kind of looks like the GOP is split on this investigation.....the House GOP is saying it's a political witch hunt......the Senate GOP isn't......that's not good for Trumpians.

Quote:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he did not speak to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on January 6 about then-President Donald Trump's inaction as a crowd stormed the US Capitol.

The Kentucky Republican also expressed interest in what else the House select committee investigating the attack on the Capitol will discover, in a break with House Republican leaders who dismissed the committee's work as political.
"I was not," McConnell told CNN's Manu Raju when asked if he was in contact with Meadows and or White House officials to urge Trump to do more to stop the riot. "But I do think we're all watching, as you are, what is unfolding on the House side, and it will be interesting to reveal all the participants involved."
Names are going to be coming out....It was just Stupid for the GOP to decline participation in the 1/6 Committee, if they had they would have veto power on who to subpoena. Now that you have Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger and the GOP Senate leader acknowledging the committee and what is coming out.....it just simply backfired on them. This committee will just simply report what people said in their own words....not much spin necessary on that.

Quote:
Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson, a Democrat and chairman of the select committee, told Raju on Tuesday that the panel will "make a decision within a week or so when to release" the names of the authors of the texts to Meadows. At this point, he added, the panel had only identified House members who had sent their former House colleague text messages, and not senators.
Thompson said the committee felt it was "important" to first put the content out before making the names public.
"Then we will do our own review on the committee as to if and when we will release them," he said. "We will do it. I can't tell you exactly when that will be."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/15/polit...nts/index.html

Yes....the hated CNN but these are direct quotes from members of congress.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:14 AM

10,117 posts, read 7,781,735 times
What happened: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters he's watching the proceedings of the House Jan. 6 committee and looks forward to seeing what it finds.

"It will be interesting to reveal all the participants who were involved."

— Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

I took McConnell's statement to mean he is interested in see how Nancy Pelosi and other dems were involved.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:16 AM

23,671 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wait. You're trying to claim that BLM and Antifa participated (or is it instigated?) Jan 6 with no evidence whatsoever, and you're claiming it's up to me to prove they didn't? And I have nothing? LOL!

You're the one with the hopes and fantasies that even ONE BLM or Antifa activist will be found. We already know hundreds of Trump supporters were there, because they've been caught and their faces plastered in the media.
You stated as a fact "not a single Antifa, BLM, FBI, or anyone has been arrested. They're all Trump supporters", not me. If you're pushing it as a fact then you need to prove it. But you know you cannot with what has been put out at this time, which is why you are now deflecting. how typical.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:24 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,731,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
What happened: Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told reporters he's watching the proceedings of the House Jan. 6 committee and looks forward to seeing what it finds.

"It will be interesting to reveal all the participants who were involved."

— Majority Leader Mitch McConnell

I took McConnell's statement to mean he is interested in see how Nancy Pelosi and other dems were involved.
That's a hypothesis.......I'm thinking with 2022 approaching that Mitch is trying to keep himself and his members in the Senate as far away from this as possible.....that would be another hypothesis.

Old 12-15-2021, 11:26 AM

13,214 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
You stated as a fact "not a single Antifa, BLM, FBI, or anyone has been arrested. They're all Trump supporters", not me. If you're pushing it as a fact then you need to prove it. But you know you cannot with what has been put out at this time, which is why you are now deflecting. how typical.
It's easy to prove. Because if a BLM or ANTI had been arrested, Trumplets would be screaming it from the rooftops. And yet there's not been a peep of it, or you would be screaming it too.

Get it now?

Old 12-15-2021, 11:28 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
So you have nothing, imagine that.

Pretending it's debunked gets you nowhere.
There is no negative so stop deflecting. All you have to do is prove that every single one of the 700+ are Trump supporters.

You're the one pushing it as fact that every single one who'd been arrested is a Trump supporter, not me. Because you are pushing it as fact then yes it is up to you to prove.

You have nothing but your hopes and dreams and fantasies and you know it.
Okay. give us the name of one member of Antifa or BLM who was arrested for their participation in 1/6.

Just one. It shouldn't be that hard since you are claiming the Capitol was swarming with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies