Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 01:19 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Despite presenting itself to the public as the arbiter of truth and guarantor of factually-accurate information, guarding users against “fake news” and “misinformation,” Facebook has admitted in court that its “fact checks” of information — frequently aimed at conservatives — are nothing more than statements of opinion.
The bombshell emerged from Facebook’s court battle with John Stossel, who is suing the company for defamation over its decision to add “fact check” labels to the libertarian pundit’s videos about climate change.

The case number is 5:2021-cv-07385 in the Northern District of California
John Stossel v. Facebook Inc., Science Feedback and Climate Feedback. Hon. Virginia K DeMarchi.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...ok-1235019248/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 01:21 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Candace Owens lawsuit is not far behind ...

Slam dunk now.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:25 PM

I bet this thread gets zero attention.

Sad.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:29 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Not here.

Go for it.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:31 PM

4,168 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Sad.
Not so sure about that. Zuckerberg is finding himself in hot water over Facebook policies so this might be the icing on the cake. It's funny that the "Fact Checkers" are never revealed regarding their group or identity...and not just on Facebook but other media websites as well.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Not so sure about that. Zuckerberg is finding himself in hot water over Facebook policies so this might be the icing on the cake. It's funny that the "Fact Checkers" are never revealed regarding their group or identity...and not just on Facebook but other media websites as well.
Snopes finally got kicked to the curb, after years of people lapdogging them.

Hope the rest start falling like dominoes.

I never understood the 'trust the factcheckers' mentality.

Why not verify it yourself?

Old 12-14-2021, 01:43 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,604,192 times
'Fact Checker' is just another lying in your face buzzword, meant to dupe the gullible. It's typically propaganda masquerading as 'truth'.

It's in the same vein as antifa masquerading as anti-fascist, when they practice fascist methods.

It's in the same vein as blm masquerading as a movement that cares about black people, when their actions prove the exact opposite.

The people that employ these tactics, think everyone will just believe them and fall in line with their psychotic ways. They've got a rude awakening coming.

Last edited by jdaelectro; 12-14-2021 at 02:12 PM..

Old 12-14-2021, 01:48 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Honestly, if you're trying to get facts with no spin, Facebook might not the best place to go, too. Some slivers of truth no doubt slip by, but Facebook is best for keeping up with friends and family and cute cat videos.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:52 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Sad.
Well, you are obviously wrong about "zero" attention, but if it doesn't get much attention, I think it will be because most of us know that the so-called fact checkers are about are not exactly unbiased and reliable. There have been too many times prior to this that I have seen so-called fact checking sites publish statements as true or not true that I knew to be absolutely incorrect.

In short, my personal reaction was something like, "Ho hum. Nothing new here."

This entire situation reminds me of the Carol Burnett case against The National Enquirer years ago; imo, Facebook is no better.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, you are obviously wrong about "zero" attention, but if it doesn't get much attention, I think it will be because most of us know that the so-called fact checkers are about are not exactly unbiased and reliable. There have been too many times prior to this that I have seen so-called fact checking sites publish statements as true or not true that I knew to be absolutely incorrect.

In short, my personal reaction was something like, "Ho hum. Nothing new here."

This entire situation reminds me of the Carol Burnett case against The National Enquirer years ago; imo, Facebook is no better.
My reaction is the opposite, This is HUGE.

It's absolute proof that censorship was used by FB in an intentional misinformation campaign.

It proves that 'fake news' approach was used as a tactic.

Huge.

And, other lawsuits are coming because of this admission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies