Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 01:04 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,928,037 times

Advertisements

It really is getting crazy out there, even in my relatively sleepy region of New England.

Quote:
Video has surfaced showing a Board of Education member shove a citizen during a heated debate in Gastonbury, Connecticut about whether the word “tomahawk” is racist. After being shoved, the man then punched the Board of Education member, leaving him laying on the floor.

“The meeting was set to debate dropping the school’s new team name, ‘the Guardians,'” wrote Cassandra Fairbanks, “And bring back the previous name ‘the Tomahawks,’ which was deemed insensitive by some.”

Gastonbury police apparently told WFSB that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
https://nationalfile.com/video-man-p...tomahawk-logo/

It's important to note that the school board member pushed the parent before he was swung at.

That said, this kind of violence isn't justified, no matter what.

It would be helpful, however, if the schools and Universities in this country weren't trying to bring down Western Culture and remake it in a Progressive Utopian image.

Obviously people are pi**ed, and with good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 01:06 PM

7,654 posts, read 3,743,615 times
The Guardians sound too much like toxic masculinity at work. it should be something more sensitive like “The Passive Betas”

Old 12-16-2021, 01:10 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,615,143 times
need tomahawk control now

Old 12-16-2021, 01:14 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,138,423 times
Looks like that guy wrote a check that his ass couldn’t cash.
I’m a nonviolent person by nature but if you physically assault me I might push back a bit.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:18 PM

15,043 posts, read 9,943,088 times
Shove = knuckle sandwich

Gonna happen every time

Old 12-16-2021, 01:19 PM

4,484 posts, read 5,213,790 times
Thuggery

Old 12-16-2021, 01:23 PM

19,950 posts, read 12,236,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The Guardians sound too much like toxic masculinity at work. it should be something more sensitive like “The Passive Betas”
Well done.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:24 PM

3,772 posts, read 1,468,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
It really is getting crazy out there, even in my relatively sleepy region of New England.

https://nationalfile.com/video-man-p...tomahawk-logo/

It's important to note that the school board member pushed the parent before he was swung at.

That said, this kind of violence isn't justified, no matter what.

It would be helpful, however, if the schools and Universities in this country weren't trying to bring down Western Culture and remake it in a Progressive Utopian image.

Obviously people are pi**ed, and with good reason.
Here is my take on this. Institutions push moral panics. Govt pushed red scare to root out communists. The clergy pushed Satanic panic to root out devil worship. Now academia pushes a white supremacy moral panic to root out white supremacist and racists. These types of moral panics can cause alot of hurt, destroy and turn lives upside down due to the guilty before innocent in the court fo public opinion. Than you have trump who is claimed by many to be a white supremacist, than you have thr death of George Floyd which brought Antiracism ideology to the fore front to American conciousness. It looks like history is repeating itself. Nothing to see here folks.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:24 PM

3,987 posts, read 6,607,114 times
Good Lord. My in-laws live in this town and my wife lived there before we got married. All the local snobs are clutching their pearls over this horrific incident I am sure.

Glastonbury is an upscale suburb of Hartford with the typical NIMBY, we are better than all the poorer towns around us attitude. While the first guy did receive a mild shove, the response of a right hook to the face is a bit over the top. The guy delivering the punch should be arrested. What a fine example this upscale suburb that thinks it is better than everyone else has set for kids when adults can't even have an open forum about a mascot name change without resorting to shoving and punching each other. A fine day indeed for these stupid losers.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:49 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,928,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Here is my take on this. Institutions push moral panics. Govt pushed red scare to root out communists. The clergy pushed Satanic panic to root out devil worship. Now academia pushes a white supremacy moral panic to root out white supremacist and racists. These types of moral panics can cause alot of hurt, destroy and turn lives upside down due to the guilty before innocent in the court fo public opinion. Than you have trump who is claimed by many to be a white supremacist, than you have thr death of George Floyd which brought Antiracism ideology to the fore front to American conciousness. It looks like history is repeating itself. Nothing to see here folks.

To those of us who believe in the "Fourth Turning", it's a fair bet many people haven't seen quite a coalescence of radical events such as we're witnessing now.

After all, the Crisis only comes once every 80 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies