Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 09:33 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And the money for these engineering efforts also "just materializes."
Actually, they grew it in the greenhouses that they got after the Israeli settlers were removed from the Gaza Strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2021, 09:38 AM

16,614 posts, read 8,625,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
The middle east is complex, especially the interaction of Jews and Arabs not only in Israel, but in Israeli occupied lands. The problem is exasperated by zealous settlers, who are more and more attacking Palestinians whose families have farmed there for centuries, if not millennia. As the article states, the settlers intentions are to drive the Palestinians away by intimidation and take over the lands. That is also known as terrorism. Sort of the same thing Mexican cartels do when enforcing "taxes" or "franchise fees" on avocado farmers.

The world can not ignore this, nor can the Israeli government. Will it? Time will tell.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Midd...ition?icid=rss
The irony of you using the term terrorism when referring to Jews is likely lost on you. Regardless of what some Jews might do to some Arabs, the overwhelming number of attacks on Jews, by Arabs, is likely 1000 to 1

Old 12-19-2021, 09:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,444,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Damn the consequences for many innocent lives on both sides, right? How very 'Murican of you.
I’m pretty sure Israel would make quick work of it if they really let loose. You won’t get sympathy from me for people who fight for brutal theocracy. You have a choice in the matter. You can choose the side of human rights and freedom or you can choose to stand with radical Muslims. Israel just wants to live in peace. Palestine and many other muslims in the region wants every Jew dead. See the difference?

Old 12-19-2021, 09:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
...Jewish people are the most persecuted demographic in the world, ...
The question is why? Why are they? Do the Jews pay taxes on huge homes in NJ because they claim they are places of worship? Do many Jews abuse the food stamp system even though they are wealthy? Do they have huge presence in media and banking?

Personally, I commend them. If most people don't care then they should keep taking from all of us. Why not? There are other way more powerful groups however, but they are too smart to be so inclusive and they also don't promote themselves as a collective.

It is an interesting study, but you should ask yourself why are they persecuted.

There is a long history regarding Jews and money/power. William Shakespeare 1564 –1616 and he wrote about Shylock a Jew that wanted a pound of flesh. We are talking about WAY back in the 1500's. So, ask yourself with such a history, why are they persecuted?

Personally, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't like them or felt a certain way about Jewish people as there are all types just like any group, but I try and understand why some wouldn't like them as an education. I commend many of them, but don't like the Gaza situation much. Blocking aid ships is pretty gross and starving people is also pretty gross.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:00 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,168,389 times
The Palestinians are really jordanians they were a tribe there most likely still are but they were a big pain in the ass to jordan many of them were force to move!

Old 12-19-2021, 10:23 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The one thing that sticks out to me as to the Israelis and Palestinians is how long that feud has been going on. Time immemorial. I'd say that constitutes a total lack of compatibility. And those differences are religious to the extreme in nature. Both side are firmly convinced that God is on their side. You have two sides made up of madmen who think they're right with God. It doesn't get any worse.

Personally I've got heartburn with both sides. Don't much care for either of them. They both consider folks like me as infidels, heretics, unbelievers, pick a word that implies being less than what they consider themselves. I've got two big middle fingers for both of them. I'm perfectly fine with letting them kill each other. Were it up to me I'd see to it both sides are armed to the teeth. Every single person able to carry a rifle would have one and at least a thousand rounds of ammo.

Then I'd make popcorn. I'd do that across the entire ME. The Palestinians and Arabs would be killing each other and the Israelis and Palestinians and Arabs would be killing each other the Persian nations like Iran would get in on it. Glorious. Personally I won't deign to opine where God comes down. I'm just a non denominational believer and make no claim to know Gods mind. I do know that the US being supportive of either side over there is a losing gambit.
FYI. You shouldn't view Jews and Muslims in the same vane. Jews do not call non-Jews infidels, heretics or unbelievers. Jews do not wish death on non-Jews.

On the other hand, many Muslims, especially those in the middle east, feel differently. They are the ones yelling "death to America" and lobbing bombs into Israeli cities.

All non-Christians are not the same. You should know this by now.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:33 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
"indigenous" Palestinians that's a new term. Don't have time to educate you on the history here, but Israel is in the right.
Obviously, you didnt even have time to educate yourself which is why you think Israel is in the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Why are the hardcore liberals always against Israel?
Because Israel, and its supporters and the enablers who turn blind eye are in the wrong here.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:36 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Very,very few of the "Palestinians" are from that area. Most came from other countries to start trouble. The "great" Palestinian leader, Yasser Arafat, was Egyptian.
LOL that is baloney. Yeh because the whole place was completely empty and never been claimed. Perhaps some are from outside, but there all shared a similar cultural background, heritage, and part of same empire. They have vested interest.

Meanwhile, all of the Israelis are outsiders who most definitely came to start trouble. That is a fact, every single one.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:38 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,824 times
Just reading the responses on this thread. It boggles my mind how brainwashed people are. Some people on this thread literally believe Christians have a god given duty to support Israel. Wow. How can you believe in this christian nonsense. For the record, i don't think Israel or Jews or any other people or nation are above criticism. Only god is perfect humans are not period. This whole worship of Israel by Christians is like idolatry imo. And when you think of it why do Christians stand behind Jews and Israel when according to their own religion all non Christians are going to hell? So maybe the Christians should convert to judaism not the other way around.

Old 12-19-2021, 10:41 AM
nng

695 posts, read 289,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
LOL that is baloney. Yeh because the whole place was completely empty and never been claimed. Perhaps some are from outside, but there all shared a similar cultural background, heritage, and part of same empire. They have vested interest.

Meanwhile, all of the Israelis are outsiders who most definitely came to start trouble. That is a fact, every single one.
Notice how the pro Israel zionists deny that Palestinians are a people with their own culture etc. while it would be anti Semitism to suggest Jews are not a people and nation with their own culture and civilization. So sick of the double standards and BS by these Israel supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies