Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2021, 10:51 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hey, you do you. only believe the things you hear that validate how you feel.

Here is the thing, there arent any people out there saying there are piles of dead people who had breakthru cases. We know who is dying and we know who isnt. its over and over and over and over and over.

period. the unvaccinated die. BUT being vaccinated doesnt prevent you from getting COVID. period.
Well, that's the difference. I'm questioning the "facts," I'm not depending on how I feel. because the "facts" haven't been truthful. Remember when we were told everyone who got the vaccine would be at ZERO risk for COVID?

No? Don't remember that?

PEOPLE die. Vaccination status has nothing to do with that.

And if you don't understand that concept ... there's nothing more to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 11:07 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, that's the difference. I'm questioning the "facts," I'm not depending on how I feel. because the "facts" haven't been truthful. Remember when we were told everyone who got the vaccine would be at ZERO risk for COVID?

No? Don't remember that?

PEOPLE die. Vaccination status has nothing to do with that.

And if you don't understand that concept ... there's nothing more to say.
i fully agree that the "facts" have been all over the place and very inconsistent. I dont take issue with people who aren't getting the vaccine. I respect the decision.

What I can tell you is that I know a number of people who have either died or gotten very sick with covid. virtually all of them were not vaccinated. I know very few who have been vaccinated and gotten very sick.

Now, if you have had covid, i think (based on the Israeli studies) you have better protection than the vaccinated.

I also know several doctors who are treating people with COVID. these are friends that I know outside of a medical relationship (none are my personal dr). ALL of them tell me their sick patients are not vaccinated.

I actually know a cardiologist who has treated people with myocarditis related to COVID and the vaccine. He has had more patients with myocarditis from COVID than from the vaccination.

Look, its a tuff thing weeding thru all the (mis)information that is out there. I take no shots at people who have different views than I do. I respect you and the decisions you make. ONe thing that I do know is there is no evidence that the deaths we are seeing are piling up among the vaccinated/people who have previously had COVID. That just isnt happening. Death by and large is a function of not 1. being vaccinated, or 2. having previously had COVID.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:52 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Once again - I ask you to link data charts showing the ICUs overwhelmed with nonvaccinated Covid patients because I can pull up any hospital stats and show you that the Covid patients in ICUs and in hospital beds are not overwhelming the hospitals. It is lack of staff because they fired those that refused to vaccinate and people who have let other medical situations escalate because of their fear of seeing their doctors, getting treatment and tests ect.
Just because they MAY test positive once admitted DOES NOT mean that hospitals are overwhelmed due to Covid.
Omicron now the dominant U.S. Covid strain at 73% of cases, CDC data shows

That's right, most cases in the US are Omicron, and it's extremely rare if people die from it. The left will still be sounding the alarm bells and screaming doom is upon us, even when all omicron does is give people flu-like symptoms and then goes away after a couple days. The high risk category still have to be careful, because the Delta variant is still lurking out there. But the Henny Penny "the sky is falling" mantra by the left is really getting old.

The deaths from Omicron were so few, the CDC director in the video was unwilling to give the number, because it's probably less than 6 people. A week ago it was ZERO people who died from Omicron. So this is why the Henny Pennys are only repeating the number of infections, cuz that makes the virus sound scary.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:58 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
i fully agree that the "facts" have been all over the place and very inconsistent. I dont take issue with people who aren't getting the vaccine. I respect the decision.

What I can tell you is that I know a number of people who have either died or gotten very sick with covid. virtually all of them were not vaccinated. I know very few who have been vaccinated and gotten very sick.

Now, if you have had covid, i think (based on the Israeli studies) you have better protection than the vaccinated.

I also know several doctors who are treating people with COVID. these are friends that I know outside of a medical relationship (none are my personal dr). ALL of them tell me their sick patients are not vaccinated.

I actually know a cardiologist who has treated people with myocarditis related to COVID and the vaccine. He has had more patients with myocarditis from COVID than from the vaccination.

Look, its a tuff thing weeding thru all the (mis)information that is out there. I take no shots at people who have different views than I do. I respect you and the decisions you make. ONe thing that I do know is there is no evidence that the deaths we are seeing are piling up among the vaccinated/people who have previously had COVID. That just isnt happening. Death by and large is a function of not 1. being vaccinated, or 2. having previously had COVID.
And I know of a nurse in a hospital -- one of the ones reported in the MSM -- where they claimed it was overwhelmed with 90% of COVID patients reported as unvaccinated.

She said about 10% were UNvaccinated. That means, 90% of COVID patients in that hospital on the COVID floor were, in fact, vaccinated.

90% of COVID patients were vaccinated.

Staff was mainly new RNs and travel RNs. Interesting, right?

It is a shame that the narrative we are all being fed by the MSM, et al, is a lie.

Old 12-21-2021, 12:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,020 times
Quote:
hey, you do you. only believe the things you hear that validate how you feel.

Here is the thing, there arent any people out there saying there are piles of dead people who had breakthru cases. We know who is dying and we know who isnt. its over and over and over and over and over.

period. the unvaccinated die. BUT being vaccinated doesnt prevent you from getting COVID. period.

I am not vaccinated.

I got Covid.

I did not die. In fact...I did not even run a fever.

...so much for your "validation" LOL

Old 12-21-2021, 12:11 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Hot off the press, might be U.S.'s first case of an Omicron death.

Unvaccinated, previous COVID infection, second infection with Omicron, underlying conditions that made him vulnerable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...irst-reported/
Thanks for posting! Can't read the Post article. What conditions did the person have?

Old 12-21-2021, 12:13 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Hot off the press, might be U.S.'s first case of an Omicron death.

Unvaccinated, previous COVID infection, second infection with Omicron, underlying conditions that made him vulnerable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...irst-reported/
I was able to read the story. Not much info there.

Old 12-21-2021, 08:51 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Drain on the healthcare system ? Interesting. To each their own. I think the drain on our healthcare system isn't due to individuals not wearing seatbelts or being unvaccinated....there are many other factors on whom is doing the "draining", but that is a topic for a different thread.
Yes the unvaccinated are an unnecessary drain on the healthcare system.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:38 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Looking at the daily hospitalisation stats for this country (New Zealand), and 47% of those in hospital are unvaccinated. 21% are fully vaccinated with 11% partially vaccinated, and the rest unknown.

Over 90% of the age 12+are two dosed vaccinated more than two weeks.

Percentage of those in hospital that are fully vaccinated has continued to climb slowly, even as the vaccination rate climbs. The unvaccinated at 47% is the lowest I've seen yet, and seems to be slowly trending downwards, even as the percentage of the population that are fully vaccinated climbs - an odd contradiction, that as of yet has not had an official explanation.

Last edited by Joe90; 12-21-2021 at 10:00 PM..

Old 12-21-2021, 09:41 PM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Looking at the daily hospitalisation stats for this country (New Zealand), and 47% of those in hospital are unvaccinated. 21% are fully vaccinated with 11% partially vaccinated, and the rest unknown.

Over 90% of the age 16+are two dosed vaccinated more than two weeks.

Percentage of those in hospital that are fully vaccinated has continued to climb slowly, even as the vaccination rate climbs. The unvaccinated at 47% is the lowest I've seen yet, and seems to be slowly trending downwards, even as the percentage of the population that are fully vaccinated climbs - an odd contradiction, that as of yet has not had an official explanation.
The vaccine wanes and is pretty ineffective against omicron.

There's the official explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies