Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2021, 12:42 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What can you take away from these stats? That New York state, in spite of being smaller in population, and a higher percentage of vaccinated than Texas, had over twice the number of covid cases yesterday, and almost three times the number in a 7 day average.

New York City - 306 square miles

Texas - 268,597 square miles

Population density of your comparisons..

New York City - 29,801 people per square mile

Texas - 107 people per square mile.

But.. That doesn't tie up in your nice little bow to fit your facts, does it? So, no need to mention the fact that a respiratory virus would naturally spread much worse in a more densely populated environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 12:42 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Measles is is an extremely highly transmissible virus which can be eliminated by vaccination
Measles is not a man made engineered virus from Dr Fauci.

I agree vaccines worked prior to evil people like Fauci.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:20 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Measles is not a man made engineered virus ...
The poster I responded to said, "Highly transmissible respiratory virus have never shown to be very good vaccine targets which is why we always live with cold and flu."

That is not true.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:59 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
The poster I responded to said, "Highly transmissible respiratory virus have never shown to be very good vaccine targets which is why we always live with cold and flu."

That is not true.
Strange we have not heard much about natural immunity to Covid from the CDC since they are doing lax studies, and are depending on data from Israel which has shown as previously posted.

"If you've already had measles, your body has built up its immune system to fight the infection, and you can't get measles again. Most people born or living in the United States before 1957 are immune to measles, simply because they've already had it.

For everyone else, there's the measles vaccine,"
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20374857

Old 12-23-2021, 02:07 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
New York City - 306 square miles

Texas - 268,597 square miles

Population density of your comparisons..

New York City - 29,801 people per square mile

Texas - 107 people per square mile.

But.. That doesn't tie up in your nice little bow to fit your facts, does it? So, no need to mention the fact that a respiratory virus would naturally spread much worse in a more densely populated environment.
Well, NY and NYC are doing all they can to reduce their population.

It's called the "I can't stand living here anymore" plan.

Old 12-23-2021, 02:39 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Strange we have not heard much about natural immunity to Covid from the CDC since they are doing lax studies, and are depending on data from Israel which has shown as previously posted.

"If you've already had measles, your body has built up its immune system to fight the infection, and you can't get measles again. Most people born or living in the United States before 1957 are immune to measles, simply because they've already had it.

For everyone else, there's the measles vaccine,"
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20374857

Your reply has nothing to do with my post, which addressed the misconception that it is not possible to produce an effective vaccine to a highly transmissible respiratory virus. An example disproving that is the existence of measles vaccine.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:13 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Your reply has nothing to do with my post, which addressed the misconception that it is not possible to produce an effective vaccine to a highly transmissible respiratory virus. An example disproving that is the existence of measles vaccine.
I know it is quite possible to produce an effective vaccine, that is what the link alluded. It just hasn't been done yet with regard to Covid, both of which I mentioned in my post 269.
There is also a misconception that natural immunity plays no significant part. An example disproving that is the immunity to measles by those who have had it negating their need for vaccine.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:45 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:

It is absolutely possible unless one is small minded.

It is also possible to recover from this virus without(and with) a vaccine.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
He tell you this personally? TDS alert. Yes, he could not have possibly done it out of political pressure.

Yes, the unvaccinated AND vaccinated can/may catch covid again and can/may die. We also can/may recover again... I know, imagine that. Again I prefer this over whatever experimental drugs/shot our government is trying to push. If you prefer the government stuff, ill give you a thumbs up and not throw a hissy fit because you have a different opinion like so many do to us that choose differently.

natural immunity isn't a myth unless you failed science throughout grade school, I recommend getting a better education. I'm certainly willing to compare educational credentials with most on this forum even though my degree is in Math.
You don’t have natural immunity to a novel virus. None of us do. That’s why we need vaccinations.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:34 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I just wonder how many people believe this. Joy Behar said on The View that if everyone got vaccinated this would all be over. Many people I know believe this also. If most people who aren’t vaccinated don’t have Covid then how are they spreading it?
No, it's not because of the unvaccinated. If the vaccine curbed the ability to pass the disease along, then the answer would be yes. But it doesn't do that - it just lessens the severity of the disease by a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies