Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2021, 07:30 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The surge in hospital beds and ICU's is from unvaccinated.
Incorrect. Your agenda is in flames.

Just got off the phone with my triple vaxxed coworker. He has Covid. Caught it from his triple vaxxed daughter. His triple vaxxed wife also has it.

A close friend of mine is a dental hygienist. Her entire office has it except herself and the dentist. ALL are vaxxed.

These past two weeks our ER is being BLASTED with Covid patients. The vaxxed far outnumber the unvaxxed.

You can keep repeating your mantra but I am on the ground on the front lines so to speak and you are WRONG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 07:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I used to live in a country where it was my right to be inconsiderate.

Where are the Novavax vaccines? I mean if they are really so interested in vaccines?

Where are the pills that were supposed to stop the virus?

Crickets.
Novavax only recently won WHO approval for emergency use. It is my understanding Novavax has not yet applied for FDA approval.

It takes 2 initial doses plus a booster to provide maximum effectiveness against Omicron.

While it has been approved for emergency use in the EU, demand greatly exceeds supply.

Pfizer has developed a pill to treat Covid that was very recently approved for emergency use. It will be 5-6 months before there is enough supply to make a dent given lead time for manufacturing.

Seems some folk are more intent blaming government than anything else.

Old 12-27-2021, 07:52 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Incorrect. Your agenda is in flames.

Just got off the phone with my triple vaxxed coworker. He has Covid. Caught it from his triple vaxxed daughter. His triple vaxxed wife also has it.

A close friend of mine is a dental hygienist. Her entire office has it except herself and the dentist. ALL are vaxxed.

These past two weeks our ER is being BLASTED with Covid patients. The vaxxed far outnumber the unvaxxed.

You can keep repeating your mantra but I am on the ground on the front lines so to speak and you are WRONG.
Just posting anecdotes and claims without a source doesn't amount to much. Name the news article and ER if you want credibility or is this just something "you heard".

Quote:
One out of every three beds is occupied with COVID-19 patients, he said, with 52 in the ICU. Over 90% of patients are unvaccinated, and many in the emergency departments are having to wait "hours or days" to get them a room.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ls/8996366002/

Old 12-27-2021, 07:54 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just posting anecdotes and claims without a source doesn't amount to much. Name the news article and ER if you want credibility or is this just something "you heard".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ls/8996366002/
I owe you nothing. My 'anecdotes' are my daily reality. Your USAToday MSM blather is useless garbage.

Old 12-27-2021, 07:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
No. It is the vaccines we were promised to provide immunity - instead diminishing effectiveness...if that.

We were lied to.
Promised?

Who promised? Trump? Biden? Neither anticipated that nearly half the population would choose to be not fully vaccinated. Neither had a crystal ball as it relates to variants and efficacy.

All vaccines were developed, trialed and approved before the Delta variant emerged within the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India. Then Omicron emerged within the 1.2 billion unvaccinated people in Africa.

We have known since mid summer the efficacy of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark. Only about 25% of the vaccinated have chosen to get a booster.

Seems some folk choose to prefer to believe they were lied to rather than comprehend the impact of variants, billions of unvaccinated, waning efficacy and reluctance to get a booster.

The durability of immunity from a prior infection is a huge variable and not permanent.

The POTUS receives the very best medical care in the world. Trump chose to be vaccinated just 3 months from being hospitalized with serious Covid and being treated with antibodies. He also chose to get a booster. Ditto Biden, minus the infection.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:00 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Promised?

Who promised? Trump? Biden? Neither anticipated that nearly half the population would choose to be not fully vaccinated. Neither had a crystal ball as it relates to variants and efficacy.

All vaccines were developed, trialed and approved before the Delta variant emerged within the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India. Then Omicron emerged within the 1.2 billion unvaccinated people in Africa.

We have known since mid summer the efficacy of vaccines begins to wane at the 5-6 month mark. Only about 25% of the vaccinated have chosen to get a booster.

Seems some folk choose to prefer to believe they were lied to rather than comprehend the impact of variants, billions of unvaccinated, waning efficacy and reluctance to get a booster.

The durability of immunity from a prior infection is a huge variable and not permanent.

The POTUS receives the very best medical care in the world. Trump chose to be vaccinated just 3 months from being hospitalized with serious Covid and being treated with antibodies. He also chose to get a booster. Ditto Biden, minus the infection.
Natural immunity seems to have been a huge factor in South Africa beating omicron with an estimated 70% of its population having been previously infected.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:04 AM

932 posts, read 543,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Natural immunity seems to have been a huge factor in South Africa beating omicron with an estimated 70% of its population having been previously infected.
Omicron is milder.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:06 AM

932 posts, read 543,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I owe you nothing. My 'anecdotes' are my daily reality. Your USAToday MSM blather is useless garbage.
Spread your lies elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2021, 08:07 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,458,844 times
Graphs and Data for the visually inclined....

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com...-the-pandemic/

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com...ted-countries/

More recent UK info

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com...-since-august/

Old 12-27-2021, 08:09 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
Omicron is milder.
Yep, so time to move on. Covid is here, it will never go away. We have vaccines and treatments. If you are afraid or sickly you are free to stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies