Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2021, 05:40 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,439,089 times

Advertisements

Maybe she rues the price hike on canned crab meat, used in her crab-tomato-mayonnaise recipe published in Pow Wow Chow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 05:51 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Someone please explain to me why and how the people of Massachusetts elected this moron as their senator? I mean, I can understand being a leftist if that's what you believe, but does that explain why a person as nuts as this senator is gets elected by an entire state? The majority of people in Massachusetts can't be as loony as she is, are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'm from Mass and have been here my whole life and I have absolutely no explanation for you. The people I have asked (a few friends) have no real explanation, we just have always been a Democrat state since JFK.

Interestingly we seem to like Republican governorship and we voted for Reagan twice.
Do the people of Massachusetts believe as Sen Warren that businesses should not pass along their increased costs to consumers, thereby operating at increasing losses to the point of bankruptcy and shutting down completely? Are there no business owners in Mass? Is there no one with a pension and/or retirement account, all of which are invested in corporate stocks, in Mass?

Mass is "supposedly" the best-educated state. So why is their electorate so colossally stupid, believing any of that BS and electing ignorant Warren time and time again?

Old 12-20-2021, 06:02 AM

59,255 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What a colossal idiot! Grocery stores have only a 2% profit margin, on average. Exactly where are they supposed to get the money to NOT have their prices reflect their actual costs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujouner View Post
The stupidity never ends with the left.
Very few of them have ever started or ran a business.

Our problem, way too many lawyers as our politicians!

Old 12-20-2021, 06:07 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,243,106 times
Grocers are in competition with each other. Raising prices on your own just to be greedy doesn’t work as you will lose customers and sales to your competition with lower prices. Therefore, what Elizabeth Warren said is a bunch of crock meant to deflect the blame on inflation from her fellow Democrat Biden to grocers.

Sadly, many dumb people believe her.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Someone please explain to me why and how the people of Massachusetts elected this moron as their senator? I mean, I can understand being a leftist if that's what you believe, but does that explain why a person as nuts as this senator is gets elected by an entire state? The majority of people in Massachusetts can't be as loony as she is, are they?
"The majority of people in Massachusetts can't be as loony as she is, are they?"

Have you ever been there?

They did elect MANY kennedy's. It is commonly know they are hypocrites, claiming to be such good Catholics then elect men who are KNOWN for their running around on their wives.

Re-electing a known alcoholic man over and over who murdered a young female he should NOT have been with in the 1st place.

Mass, is NOT "Camelot"!

Old 12-20-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
I'd like to see her discuss it with restaurant owners. I noticed one quoted in an AP article saying her ingredient costs rose between 15% and 40% this year.

“The margins on food are never going to be astronomical, even in good times,” she said. “But paying 40% more for protein? I can’t pass that along to the customer.”
"I'd like to see her discuss it with restaurant owners"

What they would say would be WAY OVER her head!

Old 12-20-2021, 06:09 AM

89,194 posts, read 44,965,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Grocers are in competition with each other. Raising prices on your own just to be greedy doesn’t work as you will lose customers and sales to your competition with lower prices. Therefore, what Elizabeth Warren said is a bunch of crock meant to deflect the blame on inflation from her fellow Democrat Biden to grocers.

Sadly, many dumb Democrats believe her.
And quite clearly, there are a LOT of dumb Democrats in Massachusetts. Supposedly "the most-educated" state in the US.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:19 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,605,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
She can't possibly believe her own BS. Can she?
No, she knows exactly what she’s doing.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:23 AM

21,487 posts, read 10,605,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It is amazing how the Democrats can cause so many problems but still not only get away with it but then turn around and blame these problems on something else and the dumb public actually falls for it, over and over again.

Just like all this defund the police, bail reform, no prosecution nonsense has led to a spike in crime in their liberal cities, the dumb populace still votes for Democrats religiously. Just amazing, if you ask me.
It’s good to have the propaganda media on your side.

Old 12-20-2021, 06:25 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,927,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What a colossal idiot! Grocery stores have only a 2% profit margin, on average. Exactly where are they supposed to get the money to NOT have their prices reflect their actual costs?
This shows how little most politicians understand business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies