Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 05:00 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Answer me this, why are you only asking about the left?

When McCain crossed sides, the Republicans called him a traitor and evil (heck even Donnie Bone Spurs made fun of his military service), but when Manchin crosses sides with Republicans, the right call him a patriot.

It goes both ways.

edited to add...this is real life. Not everyone lives life based on a strict left or right scale. That's a Washington fantasy.

It doesn't. The voters in Arizona voted against Obama twice and the majority of the voters in the state were against Obamacare. McCain ran on his re-election to repealed Obamacare and at the last minute McCain crossed party lines and voted with the Democrats and threw the voters of his state to the bus.

West Virginia voted against Biden by 40% margin and by 3 out of 4 people in the state are against Biden's huge progressive bill that will raise taxes and gas taxes. Manchin NEVER ran on re-election on a huge progressive power take bill in West Virginia. He went with the voters of his state who are NOT progressives.

See the difference? I don't expect a Democrat like you to see the difference but I put the facts up. McCain lied to his voters about an unpopular bill in his state and Manchin went with the voters of his state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 05:07 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Answer me this.

Why is it when McCain crossed sides and voted with Democrats the left called him a Patriot and a Maverick, but when Manchin crosses sides with Republicans the left considers him a traitor and evil?

Shouldn't any politician who goes against their own party to vote their conscience be called a maverick?

Why is the left so intolerant and hypocritical?
Because they have no moral compass, no integrity and want to win by any means possible. AND they aren't all that smart either.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:09 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It doesn't. The voters in Arizona voted against Obama twice and the majority of the voters in the state were against Obamacare. McCain ran on his re-election to repealed Obamacare and at the last minute McCain crossed party lines and voted with the Democrats and threw the voters of his state to the bus.

West Virginia voted against Biden by 40% margin and by 3 out of 4 people in the state are against Biden's huge progressive bill that will raise taxes and gas taxes. Manchin NEVER ran on re-election on a huge progressive power take bill in West Virginia. He went with the voters of his state who are NOT progressives.

See the difference? I don't expect a Democrat like you to see the difference but I put the facts up. McCain lied to his voters about an unpopular bill in his state and Manchin went with the voters of his state.
They get their talking points from MSNBC. What do you expect?

Old 12-20-2021, 05:16 PM

I just put the facts and you libs ignore it and lecture the right about not smart? thanks for the laugh.

McCain represented the people of Arizona not his personal feud with Trump. Arizona voted against Obama TWICE and Obamacare was very unpopular with the people of Arizona. McCain ran on his re-election by promising the people of Arizona to repeal Obamacare.

He lied to his voters. That's the definition of a traitor. A sellout.

Manchin went with the people of his state that sent him to Washington. West Virginia rejected Biden by 40% and his bill is unpopular in West Virginia by 3 out of 4. Manchin went with his state. The Senators represents the people of their state. That's how it should work. McCain wiped his behind with the pledge he made to the people of Arizona to win a re-election to get at Trump.

How are both the same? and you talk about morals , integrity and blah, blah, blah.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 12-20-2021 at 05:49 PM..

Old 12-20-2021, 05:26 PM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:

LMAO - Democrat like me? People put on a tacky red hat and then think they're all of a sudden "conservative". There's a reason Trump pandered to the low educated.

So we're defining people on one vote now? Cool. Politics was around before Trump, you know that right? You do know he had a longer career that that one vote, right? You also know he didn't fake bone spurs to avoid fighting for his country, right?

Old 12-20-2021, 05:27 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
  • Manchin represents a state that went Trump by 40 points.
  • Manchin represents the state of WV, not the Democratic party.
  • Inflation is hitting poorer communities harder than elsewhere, and WV abounds with poorer communities, and BBB will increase inflation.
  • Polling has Biden with ~70% disapproval in WV.
  • Manchin's last reelection was only by a 4 point margin in 2018, down from his 25 point cruise in 2012...so he knows the direction his popularity is trending.
Hard to believe anyone can view easily observable political/economic facts and wonder how Manchin could go any other way than the one he chose.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:29 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Answer me this.

Why is it when McCain crossed sides and voted with Democrats the left called him a Patriot and a Maverick, but when Manchin crosses sides with Republicans the left considers him a traitor and evil?

Shouldn't any politician who goes against their own party to vote their conscience be called a maverick?

Why is the left so intolerant and hypocritical?
McCain had class, IMHO.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:29 PM

I live in Utah and Obamacare was unpopular in my state like Arizona, a state that I go in a lot. McCain ran on re-election to repealed it and the people of Arizona sent him back to Washington for McCain at the last minute crossed party lines and voted to keep it because Trump hurt his ego and just threw his state under the bus.

Manchin went with the people of his state that dislikes Biden and hate this bill. Manchin never sold out the voters of his state. That's how it supposed to be. Representing the people of your state as a Senator NOT the party bosses or a personal feud.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
LMAO - Democrat like me? People put on a tacky red hat and then think they're all of a sudden "conservative". There's a reason Trump pandered to the low educated.

So we're defining people on one vote now? Cool. Politics was around before Trump, you know that right? You do know he had a longer career that that one vote, right? You also know he didn't fake bone spurs to avoid fighting for his country, right?

I'm guessing you are very educated that I have to educate you in the difference in what McCain did to Manchin. Maybe somebody should demand a refund for their education.

McCain back stabbed the people of his state and Manchin went with the people of his state. Before you post garbage at least get all the information.

Old 12-20-2021, 05:34 PM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
McCain ran on his re-election by promising the people of Arizona to repealed Obamacare.

He lied to his voters. That's the definition of a traitor. A sellout.
Eh, Trump, the other RINO, said he was going to get rid of the ACA as well. He had a Republic House and Senate and couldn't pull it off...

And then there's that wall and Mexico paying for it. We know he couldn't finish the wall but has the check come in yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies