Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberals does this bother you?
Yes 7 11.48%
No 7 11.48%
I’m not a liberal 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 08:26 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,960 times

Advertisements

Liberals does this bother you? What do you think the solution is? Should there be a solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 08:50 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,861,320 times
Many have lost trust in the CDC, FDA and media. You can find numerous articles regarding major declines in childhood vaccination rates in most states. Increased home schooling will also hurt rates.

They say 2020 was perhaps due to missed appointments. But the trend has continued in 2021. Distrust > Scheduling Conflicts.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:07 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Liberals does this bother you? What do you think the solution is? Should there be a solution?

The solution is to educate the gullible, misinformed, week minded people that resist the vaccine because they saw some youtube video or various political reasons. Probably a lost cause, I won't loose any sleep over it.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:09 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,047,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The solution is to educate the gullible, misinformed, week minded people that resist the vaccine because they saw some youtube video or various political reasons. Probably a lost cause, I won't loose any sleep over it.
We're not talking about people that had previously and always had distrusted vaccines, we're talking about masses of people who did trust them who now won't - for the rest of their lives and influencing more to come.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:12 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
The CDC has told so many lies about this vaccine, or just omitted details, many people won't trust them on other vaccines.

Old 12-24-2021, 02:13 AM

1,154 posts, read 274,621 times
It bothers me. It's sad. But it worries me more that vaccines can do harm and no one seems to care or allow a person to decide their health care with their physician and NO government interference.

I'm an unvaxxed liberal. But I like to make decisions as important as this on my own.I don't understand liberals who take a vaccine just because their political party says to do so. Or even mandates, to do so. True liberalism is freedom of choice and sovereignty over one's body.

Old 12-24-2021, 02:20 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
i know 5 people personally who are middle aged, recently boosted, and very sick as in can barely get out of bed because of covid. i know this is anecdotal, but it makes me not want a booster shot and makes me think these boosters are complete trash - perhaps a money grab for these pharma companies at our expense. it’s amazing how much trust modern day liberals have in large corporations and authoritarian government. remember when liberals hated authority and being told what to do?

Old 12-24-2021, 02:38 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I won't lose any sleep on comments like this either.

In addition to be people getting whipsawed by all the flipflopping by Fauci and inconsistencies of the CDC and other health organizations, the comment above is also one of the biggest problems I see. It is the constant labeling, the shaming, blaming, and browbeating that will continuously keep numbers low in regards to people getting a shot. I can't recall in my lifetime a strategy like that being effective in changing people's minds. If anything, it has the opposite effect. And it is this type of intellectually rigid and close minded thinking that will never unite people. Feel free to continue with the insults of anyone that doesn't think exactly like you and ignore any counterpoints to your thoughts. We've had over a year and a half of it. Might as well pile on some more.

Old 12-24-2021, 03:33 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i know 5 people personally who are middle aged, recently boosted, and very sick as in can barely get out of bed because of covid. i know this is anecdotal, but it makes me not want a booster shot and makes me think these boosters are complete trash - perhaps a money grab for these pharma companies at our expense. it’s amazing how much trust modern day liberals have in large corporations and authoritarian government. remember when liberals hated authority and being told what to do?
Same here! I am in NYC and there was a huge outbreak in my office. I’m unvaccinated and as of Monday I have to work remote.

Old 12-24-2021, 03:33 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,433 times
It takes some time for the vaccines to be perfected. Just look how long it took the poliovaccine to be perfected? A long time. And now they have the coronavirus vaccine? It will take even longer. Poliovirus is a disease of the central nervous system. It can be caught the same way as coronavirus is caught. But cases of this nature is rare today because of the Poliovaccine. It took well over 20 years for the vaccines to be perfected so that no one catches the virus. It is a virus that is prevalent in 3rd world poor countries. It affects the nervous system so that the person is incapacitated and cannot function moving properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies