Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 01:34 PM

472 posts, read 245,483 times

Advertisements

I asked myself this after our "two weeks to slow the spread" expired. To this day I still can't figure it out! I ask all my acquaintances this as well, and nobody knows.
Big money was spent on vaccines, PPE equipment, ventilators, etc, but they forgot about simple biohazard containers. Hmmm, I guess no one had the foresight for that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 02:21 PM

10,268 posts, read 6,363,948 times
I have a cloth child size mask which I can hand wash and dry as much as I want. Don't need to throw it in a biohazard waste container after how many uses?

Old 12-24-2021, 02:25 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,020,219 times
The masks keep your spittle from flying in faces and through the air. If you're picking masks out of the garbage and reusing them, rubbing them on your face, or sleeping with them on your pillow, it might be problematic and I would advise not doing that.

Old 12-24-2021, 02:28 PM

18,092 posts, read 27,556,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Covid is so horrible that you have to get tested to know if you have covid
I haven't gotten tested for Covid, so I don't have Covid.

As far as mask wearing goes, I do it when it's a guildline I must follow. But most people don't even come close to wearing the mast properly anyway, unless they aim to cover their chin. So whenever I see some bozo with the mask over their mouth but exposing their nose, I tell them, "Hey, you got a big bloody hairy booger hanging out of your beek."

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-24-2021 at 02:42 PM..

Old 12-24-2021, 05:13 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,787,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I don't think the OP is denying the pandemic exists, but pointing out its lack of lethality.
It's lack of lethality? Over 5.4 million people have died globally. Yes, some of them were already very sick from something else and would have died by now anyway, but the vast majority would still alive today had they not contracted Covid. You know this, right?

Quote:
- despite the propaganda we are constantly bombarded with day in and day out
I think people get caught up in just reacting against propaganda. Yes, of course there is exaggeration and illogic out there. But you have to look past that and see the whole picture.

Old 12-24-2021, 08:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 1,624,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Never have seen a Bio-hazard Waste container anywhere, not even on the job site.

I see containers for flammable rags though.
Garbage cans and Trash Gondolas must be a haven for Covid brewing.
Good point. Anyone cleaning out trash bins that have disposed masks inside should take precautions.

Also the virus has been found in untreated wastewater sewer systems (cdc.gov) That's one way they know if a variant is in the city. (viruses and bacteria are removed after the water is disinfected)

Old 12-26-2021, 07:21 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,755,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's lack of lethality? Over 5.4 million people have died globally. Yes, some of them were already very sick from something else and would have died by now anyway, but the vast majority would still alive today had they not contracted Covid. You know this, right?

I think people get caught up in just reacting against propaganda. Yes, of course there is exaggeration and illogic out there. But you have to look past that and see the whole picture.
And what really has been the effect other than sadnes?

Old 12-26-2021, 08:36 AM

27,242 posts, read 15,415,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
How would they catch virus in a filter? The cheaper ones are able to throw away. The cloths are washable and used many times. I think using face mask does help reduce the spread of the virus. It's scary to some because they're susceptible to a virus more than others are.
Does doing laundry kill the virus?

Old 12-26-2021, 08:39 AM

27,242 posts, read 15,415,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
masks are sacred, so once desecrated they should be burned out of respect to the covid gods.
Ha, yes!
Perhaps in a ceremonial manner.

Old 12-26-2021, 08:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,178,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Never quite understood it. A real pandemic would have people burning contaminated items. Especially masks. If maks indeed reduce covid spread, that means the virus should be caught in its filter, and thus treated as a hazardous material. And yet I see them thrown everywhere.
I pointed that out near the beginning of all this.

How people act: Anyone unvaccinated and/or unmasked HAS the virus and WANTS to give it to others, as demonstrated by their utter disregard for the safety of others.

Those same people use ZERO biohazard disposal practices.

They’re obviously not serious about health and safety. Even if they don’t realize it, it’s about compliance and control. ALL of this is about conditioning people to do as they’re told and not question authority. If the masses ever figure that out, there’s going to be a global revolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies