Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 04:59 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Weird how lefties use sources that are obviously wrong in their reporting, and if we say anything about the wrongful reporting then they want us to go to their source to have it corrected.
Bingo. Nobody ever said they weren’t rioters, and I don’t recall anyone arguing their punishment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 05:04 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
I'm going by what you had said, that it was 'a list of "everyone" so far charged'. Yes your source is faulty, and so were you.
Your side brings up people like John Sullivan and Ray Epps who may have been at the Capitol and may have left wing ties. I've never said such people don't exist. There are always outsiders at these riots. Some times right wingers show up at BLM attacks, too.

Basically bringing up two people who may have left ties out of the hundreds of right wingers charged in DC is nt a good look for you

Kevin McCarthy himself said Antifa did not cause the attacks and then added

Quote:
"The president bears responsibility for [last week's] attack on Congress by mob rioters," he stated. "He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate action by President Trump, accept his share of responsibility, quell the brewing unrest and ensure that President-elect [Joe Biden] is able to successfully begin his term."
Kevin McCarthy Tells GOP to Stop Claiming Antifa Caused Riot, Says Trump 'Bears Responsibility'

Old 12-26-2021, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Your side brings up people like John Sullivan and Ray Epps who may have been at the Capitol and may have left wing ties. I've never said such people don't exist. There are always outsiders at these riots. Some times right wingers show up at BLM attacks, too.

Basically bringing up two people who may have left ties out of the hundreds of right wingers charged in DC is nt a good look for you

Kevin McCarthy Tells GOP to Stop Claiming Antifa Caused Riot, Says Trump 'Bears Responsibility'
Except your side insists it was an insurrection and because Trump incited it, to which you have zero proof of. You’re simply wishing and hoping that what you want to believe proves true

Old 12-26-2021, 05:11 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:

Sullivan is one of the first, if not the first, who was charged...yet he's not on the list, from your media source, that you said "everyone" was on. You were the one who chose to use the word "everyone", and, you also where the one who chose to use a faulty source. Unless, his charges did disappear? *poof*

Old 12-26-2021, 05:23 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Sullivan is one of the first, if not the first, who was charged...yet he's not on the list, from your media source, that you said "everyone" was on. You were the one who chose to use the word "everyone", and, you also where the one who chose to use a faulty source. Unless, his charges did disappear? *poof*
FWIW, it appears charges were dropped against Sullivan. And I will concede your point about my use of the word "everyone" if it'll make you feel better.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
FWIW, it appears charges were dropped against Sullivan. And I will concede your point about my use of the word "everyone" if it'll make you feel better.

It’s always good to concede when you’re wrong. Very nice gesture.

Old 12-26-2021, 05:48 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:

Do you have anything to go on in saying that "it appears charges were dropped against Sullivan"?

I'd looked and I haven't seen any media articles that say anything about his charges being dropped, or, if not dropped, how they're progressing in the court system. Unless I missed it, everything in the media about his case is old.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:01 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
FWIW, it appears charges were dropped against Sullivan.
You sure about that? He had a hearing scheduled for 7/29, but I don't see how that turned out. There's a superseding indictment dated Aug 2nd. You got anything more recent?

Also, the Fed confiscated $90,000 from him for selling his videos, while at the same time being an instigator. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ot-2021-05-21/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies