Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2021, 07:55 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Which is why vaxed people can be the ones spreading the virus. They don't feel sick enough to warrant them staying home, so they mingle out in public. The unvaxed tend to suffer more pronounced symptoms, which telegraphs to them that they need to stay home and seek medical care and testing. The vaxed will feel less sick, and go to work, or shopping, or ride public transit, etc...

If a vaccinated person has cold like symptoms do you think they are more likely to stay home, isolate, wear a mask, cancel plans to hang out with people than an unvaccinated person?

My feelings are if you are inclined to get vaccinated you are more inclined to follow mask mandates, social distance, etc...and not ignore if you aren't feeling well.

But that's my feeling.....lol.

I think we are all as likely to spread COVID and what we don't know is if we spread it to someone, if they will be the unlikely candidate who ends up more seriously ill. Right now the statistics in hospitals suggest that the more serious ill are unvaccinated. Does it matter how they got it?

Trying to pin the spread on vaccinated people is interesting diverting of any notion that unvaccinated also carry and spread the virus -- lol.

So are you unvaccinated people calling for vaccinated to stay home so you don't catch the virus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 08:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Which is why vaxed people can be the ones spreading the virus. They don't feel sick enough to warrant them staying home, so they mingle out in public. The unvaxed tend to suffer more pronounced symptoms, which telegraphs to them that they need to stay home and seek medical care and testing. The vaxed will feel less sick, and go to work, or shopping, or ride public transit, etc...
I haven’t seen that to be true at all, the unvaxxed suffering more serious symptoms. I know of a lot of people who have Covid. The vast majority are vaxxed. The symptoms range from the mildest of colds to the flu. Honestly the unvaxxed out of those I know are having milder symptoms than the vaxxed. I know it’s anecdotal but it is eye opening.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:10 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If a vaccinated person has cold like symptoms do you think they are more likely to stay home, isolate, wear a mask, cancel plans to hang out with people than an unvaccinated person?

My feelings are if you are inclined to get vaccinated you are more inclined to follow mask mandates, social distance, etc...and not ignore if you aren't feeling well.

I think we are all as likely to spread COVID and what we don't know is if we spread it to someone, if they will be the unlikely candidate who ends up more seriously ill. Right now the statistics in hospitals suggest that the more serious ill are unvaccinated. Does it matter how they got it?

Trying to pin the spread on vaccinated people is interesting diverting of any notion that unvaccinated also carry and spread the virus -- lol.

So are you unvaccinated people calling for vaccinated to stay home so you don't catch the virus?
LOL. If the vaxed and unvaxed can both spread the virus, then logic supports the idea the vaccine is ineffective. The idea that the vaxed behave a certain way, which you paint as a picture of responsibility, I see it as being blindly compliant to government edicts and compulsion. Not only have the vaxed been a cheerleader for the vaccine, but they demand that people who are questioning the genetic treatments be removed from society. It may turn out yet that the unvaxed are right. It appears to be leaning that way at the moment.

I got the vax for my job. I doubt I will get the boost. Now I wonder if I'm going to drop over dead ten years earlier with a heart ailment that has never existed in my family tree. If I do, do you think your benevolent government is going to take responsibility? Or will they commission another "study" to show their innocence?

Old 12-30-2021, 08:17 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
They are probably less likely to do those things because a lot of them are dumb enough to think they took a real vaccine that would prevent them from getting sick or being able to spread the virus.....you know, since that was what the BS media and talking heads were selling for a long time. In fact, suggesting otherwise could get your account banned on social media for a LONG time.

Unvaccinated people likely take fewer chances.

Now it's true, there's a certain subsection of vaccinated people who are outright cowards that never leave home without wearing 8 masks and scream at people if they get within 10 feet of them....but those lunatics are a fairly small fraction of the population, and they should probably seek help from a mental health professional.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:03 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
I think a vaccinated person might be more apt to believe the sniffles or a soar throat are nothing but a cold, because they have been conditioned to think they are immune / protected from catching COVID. Whereas the unvaxed person might question whether they have COVID and if symptoms worsen, they may be more likely to get tested, than a vaxed person would.

Quote:

I don't know. I think the unvaxed person in a risk category will be more concerned and being careful to take precautions in public, because they are out there with ZERO protection at all. The people with the least concerns would be those who are vaccinated and 25 and younger. they are in no danger at all of getting sick. However, could they be getting infected and then walking around transmitting the virus??? I don't know, they could and might.

I think a lot of people don't bother reading up on COVID like you or I. So getting the vaccine is their way of opting out of all of this, getting the vaccine and boosters and not having to be bothered with worrying the virus anymore, cuz the government told them they are "protected."

I think a plurality of the unvaxed have done research in order to inform themselves about the virus and vaccines. They've mad a decision to not get vaccinated, because of their research. If they did their research, and they are healthy and under 40 years old, they realize that this virus is not that much of a threat to them, and the vaccine's harmful effect could be worse than the virus itself, especially now that Omicron seems to be very mild.

Quote:

Sort of like the unvaxed being the canary in the coal mine. They know if they encountered the virus, and the vaxed can unknowingly become infection, and blissful spread it around.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:10 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
LOL. If the vaxed and unvaxed can both spread the virus, then logic supports the idea the vaccine is ineffective. The idea that the vaxed behave a certain way, which you paint as a picture of responsibility, I see it as being blindly compliant to government edicts and compulsion. Not only have the vaxed been a cheerleader for the vaccine, but they demand that people who are questioning the genetic treatments be removed from society. It may turn out yet that the unvaxed are right. It appears to be leaning that way at the moment.

I got the vax for my job. I doubt I will get the boost. Now I wonder if I'm going to drop over dead ten years earlier with a heart ailment that has never existed in my family tree. If I do, do you think your benevolent government is going to take responsibility? Or will they commission another "study" to show their innocence?
Fauci wrote a recent article where he said "these vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission." Remember in early spring when Fauci got on TV and said we no longer are required to wear a mask or social distance once we were fully vaccinated. I think they all knew the vaccines didn't work to prevent infection or transmission, the very day they told us all to go back to wearing masks and social distancing.

But here they are today, mandating we all get the vaccines, even when they don't work, and their limited protections only last a few months. I just do not understand why they need to mandate a "vaccine" which only lessens the severity of symptoms for a couple months time.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:24 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I haven’t seen that to be true at all, the unvaxxed suffering more serious symptoms. I know of a lot of people who have Covid. The vast majority are vaxxed. The symptoms range from the mildest of colds to the flu. Honestly the unvaxxed out of those I know are having milder symptoms than the vaxxed. I know it’s anecdotal but it is eye opening.
A good example of why personal anecdotes are meaningless.

Quote:
Ohio National Guard’s assistance ‘indispensable’ as COVID hospitalizations reach record-high
DeWine said he is asking an additional 1,250 members to deploy to assist with rising COVID-19 hospitalizations.
Ohio health officials reported the highest day of COVID-19 hospitalizations in the state since the start of the pandemic on Wednesday. Those hospitalizations are largely being driven by unvaccinated Ohioans, DeWine said.
Since June 1, data shows 35,962 people have been admitted to Ohio hospitals with COVID-19. Roughly 92.5% of those patients were unvaccinated, according to DeWine.
https://www.10tv.com/article/news/lo...6-787ee33efd84

Old 12-30-2021, 09:26 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
They are probably less likely to do those things because a lot of them are dumb enough to think they took a real vaccine that would prevent them from getting sick or being able to spread the virus.....you know, since that was what the BS media and talking heads were selling for a long time. In fact, suggesting otherwise could get your account banned on social media for a LONG time.

Unvaccinated people likely take fewer chances.

Now it's true, there's a certain subsection of vaccinated people who are outright cowards that never leave home without wearing 8 masks and scream at people if they get within 10 feet of them....but those lunatics are a fairly small fraction of the population, and they should probably seek help from a mental health professional.
But the vaccines do prevent people from getting sick or hospitalized.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
But the vaccines do prevent people from getting sick or hospitalized.
Not necessarily. My fully vaxxed family member was not saved by their vaccine.

Old 12-30-2021, 09:34 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Fauci wrote a recent article where he said "these vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission." Remember in early spring when Fauci got on TV and said we no longer are required to wear a mask or social distance once we were fully vaccinated. I think they all knew the vaccines didn't work to prevent infection or transmission, the very day they told us all to go back to wearing masks and social distancing.

But here they are today, mandating we all get the vaccines, even when they don't work, and their limited protections only last a few months. I just do not understand why they need to mandate a "vaccine" which only lessens the severity of symptoms for a couple months time.
Yeah, all the goalpost moving leads me to believe that the "experts" are just as clueless as ever and Fauci, who I believe is the father of the pandemic, is looking for ways to mitigate his culpability.

I am starting to believe more and more that the vaccines do little more than a placebo.

Do you know of any definitive proof that the vaccination lessens the effects of Covid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies